Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178404 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5430 on: September 16, 2012, 12:10:55 am »

You have a dwarf, and no he didn't migrate, Reudh just decided to give us a new mascot since he seemed to be stuck. He'll claim a room on his own if one is unoccupied and if he has a mood or he becomes a legendary worker the old fashioned way he'll also be assignable to a room if it follows the usual rules. The main thing I don't understand is that he can't be assigned to a squad. I was always able to do that so long as the sergeant was a dwarf (Tigermen make AWESOME melee troops btw.) As far as clothing him we'll just have to buy him a new set yearly.

Also I am indescribably pissed off, as I had four paragraphs of stuff for the battle going on in Sewaturet and my computer had to restart (I hadn't paid attention. it was a forced restart for an antivirus update that I think I hit "restart now" on by accident.)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #5431 on: September 16, 2012, 12:26:26 am »

You have a dwarf, and no he didn't migrate, Reudh just decided to give us a new mascot since he seemed to be stuck. He'll claim a room on his own if one is unoccupied and if he has a mood or he becomes a legendary worker the old fashioned way he'll also be assignable to a room if it follows the usual rules. The main thing I don't understand is that he can't be assigned to a squad. I was always able to do that so long as the sergeant was a dwarf (Tigermen make AWESOME melee troops btw.) As far as clothing him we'll just have to buy him a new set yearly.

Also I am indescribably pissed off, as I had four paragraphs of stuff for the battle going on in Sewaturet and my computer had to restart (I hadn't paid attention. it was a forced restart for an antivirus update that I think I hit "restart now" on by accident.)

Its due to the way DF handles citizens. Based off reports on DFusion/multi-race embarks, the issue is there's a super-special vector table that allows things like squads/room assignments. Making an artifact solves part of the issue.

Seems some parts work better than they used it; in the 40d days, you needed ruinsmith to force labors on non-dwarf civ members and they only worked so-so.

Also, didn't realize I got dwarfed (or that my dwarf is still alive after so much time. Yay!).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: September 16, 2012, 12:37:41 am »

Another thing relating to multiracial deals, is that sometimes you can get AWESOME things in a migrant wave. I once got a squirrel demon that appearently enjoyed pottery. Thing wound up leading my milita (even funnier because it would have been considered physically weak for a demon.)

Also, Antmen make superb carpenters and miners as well as disposable soldiers.

Your making me want to play as elves or antmen now since we've been talking about this. Yes I said elves. I wanna see if I can make due with those asshats' limitations in weaponry.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: September 16, 2012, 12:45:30 am »

Lol, do it, splint.

So, the regular game allows for immigrants that aren't dwarves, and non hostiles that get stuck can join the fort?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: September 16, 2012, 12:49:04 am »

FOund a fix for the current version of DFusion. Since it doesn't really alter the game much, if at all, and really just adds a worker to the population who happens to be a shirt size bigger than everyone else, I didn't see a problem and OK'd it. Until he becomes squad assignable, I'm just writing off the squad thing as him being a bit leery of the stringent training program Fischer has set up.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: September 16, 2012, 06:30:28 am »

Ah, I wrote Iki as being terrified in the face of his god, hence why he refused.

7th Timber 208

In an effort to get everyone to like me more, I ordered the engraving of the walls of the sleeping levels.
I joined in... and boy engraving produces some interesting results. I engraved a picture of Simon Tam surrounded by slugs. Bet he'll love that. I finally got to see who this 'Mr Frog' everyone keeps mentioning is. Pretty unassuming.

I set up some cage traps near our entrance and it's already provided us with our first capture:

A little coati blundered right into our trap. Now, hopefully we get a breeding pair.

Not much else has been happening. I have been getting the miners to widen the halls, and connect up some older halls that fell into disuse. We ought to be a little more streamlined. With the production of 60 bins, there's now plenty of space in our finished goods stockpile so we can produce more if need be.

I expect the dwarven caravan to arrive shortly, as it's Late Autumn, and with it Splint will see the arrival of our good Queen Sibrek.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: September 16, 2012, 07:41:21 am »

I request a turn, I also request that the fort survive until my turn. Also Dorfing
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: September 16, 2012, 10:34:30 am »

Done. Although honestly I fully expect this place to go under once Loud Whispers starts his turn since he refuses to read up on everything until his turn is over.  ::)

Now this!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pardon the typos, strange writing style, and bad art. I had been up far longer than I should have been.

I find the lack of activity in this thread disturbing.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: September 16, 2012, 05:49:17 pm »

Someone should send him the download.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: September 16, 2012, 05:56:39 pm »

He'll probably need it after his turn.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: September 16, 2012, 09:55:23 pm »

Urk. Will update tomorrow night, I promise. Too tired today.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: September 17, 2012, 01:02:39 am »

Not only had we fallen to the second page, there is still lack of anything. Shame on you thread, shame....

Progress update on drawings:
-Talvi has been drawn and colored.
-Lord Reudh has been roughed out.
-Splint has been roughed out.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: September 17, 2012, 09:14:42 am »

Wow, I disappeared for a couple days and the thread is ridiculously quiet... Why? :-\ Where has everybody gone?

Splint, would it be all right with you if I posted the first pic you drew of Vanya (Ballpoint outfit)? Or were you planning on posting that some other time?

Reudh... moar updates... moar mugs...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: September 17, 2012, 09:36:33 am »

Compared to other things I've drawn recently I don't feel like it's up to snuff, but you can post it if you want to. I was going to draw a new version though.

I Also was hoping to see what you guys thought of at least the drawings I included with my story, but there wasn't a damn soul to be seen. :c

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: September 17, 2012, 12:18:08 pm »

Super mario 64... So... Many... STAAAAAAAAARS...
I'm sorry, but in between my newfound access to video games and youtube, and the fact that no one seems to be on when i am (that's why i gave out my phone number peoples!) AND the fact that i seem to chatter on and on and i've been trying to be better, i just didn't have anything to say that seemed worth it...
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 815