Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178511 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5445 on: September 17, 2012, 12:26:51 pm »

i just didn't have anything to say that seemed worth it...

This. We can only say, "Splint, awesome update!" Before it starts to wear thin and seem false. So we're going to save praise for awhile, then surprise you with it when you least expect it. :P Keeps it fresh, although there is the downside of you wondering if your updates suck. :( Which they don't. Just saying.

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. Please remain calm. This is only a test.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: September 17, 2012, 03:42:29 pm »

Would have been nice to know you guys read it at least, not that it really matters since there wasn't anyone around at the time. Usually I end up needing to explain something.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: September 17, 2012, 04:55:06 pm »

Im personally still trying to get caught up, I don't think I even touched when it started getting timey wimey. Lol all I know is you have a timewar and Mr. Frog is a totally awesome smart person...O.O OH GOD SPEARBREAKERS=DOCTOR WHO
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: September 17, 2012, 07:49:08 pm »

I'd also like to point out that awesome level writing is kind of our standard now. It's what we expect. If writing is bad, we'll say "this bites the big one, and here's why." if it is above the new standard, then we'll have compliments out the wazoo. But awesome writing is our new normal.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: September 17, 2012, 08:07:14 pm »

Don't say that.   I feel that might discourage people with low self esteem from posting... >.> Like myself, for example. lol    No, really, though - I enjoy reading everything everybody writes. Especially if it adds something new to the mix. :)

And how is Spearbreakers Doctor Who? :o    Mr Frog has a serrated disc launcher and sawpikes! (did I just spoil stuff for you? :-\)   Okay, though, let's see... If Mr Frog is the Doctor... Then Vanya is his Companion...    ....    Who's the Tin Dog?

In my free time: writing a script for a "Spearbreakers: The Movie" trailer. just for funsies. And I will read your recent posts when I have a bit more time online, Splint. Sorry I haven't managed to get to them yet. If you want to remake Vanya's Ballpoint outfit, go right ahead. I described it in-canon as you drew it. I really liked it. :P She was going to just wear the spy suit, but I liked your idea better. Plus, now she can take some crossfire (if she's lucky).

And on that note, no, Vanya isn't dead. I just needed a short break from the story while I came up with moar plotz and waited for Hanslanda to catch up... possibly. Hanslanda, are we still sending Urist in for Round II, or should I leave him out and rewrite, or should I just do it on my own? :\ (hoping your RL stuff is doing better now, btw)

Oh, and:
i just didn't have anything to say that seemed worth it...

This. We can only say, "Splint, awesome update!" Before it starts to wear thin and seem false. So we're going to save praise for awhile, then surprise you with it when you least expect it. :P Keeps it fresh, although there is the downside of you wondering if your updates suck. :( Which they don't. Just saying.

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. Please remain calm. This is only a test.
not to me. lol   I like hearing the compliments. It keeps me going.
By the way, Hanslanda... Awesome ninja code. Are we going to start doing this everywhere and see how long it takes for people to figure out? I feel evil now... but in a good way.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:09:41 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: September 17, 2012, 08:55:28 pm »

Dunno where to go with anyting now for writing, and I plan on showing the drawings in groups of 3-4 from now on unless it's a larger picture. And you better share that script, I might do some voicing for it for fun if my dwarf is involved.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: September 17, 2012, 09:27:02 pm »

Add me to the list of potential VAs :D I, er, may or may not have been practicing for this sort of occasion almost every single night for the past several weeks. Possibly. You can't prove anything.

Granted, my terribly-shitty recording equipment and lack of any actual acting talent mean that we'd pretty much have to settle for camp value in that case.

Side Note: I think it'd be hilarious if Talvi voiced his own dorf as well, if somewhat-demeaning.

...Actually, I kind of unironically want to make this happen now :D Anyone here heard of Fobbies are Borange? It's a 'radio' adaptation of a SNES game called EarthBound made by some nerds at an EB fansite. We could probably do something like that; we don't really need visuals as long as we have good narration and background noises.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: September 17, 2012, 10:01:31 pm »

I'd love to be a voice actor. My specialty is accents.
And i got a marik impression so good, you couldn't tell me and LK apart.
As for sound effects, a good fantasy set can be found in rpgmaker xp, which i think i still have. Not sure, but i might. If not, well, a free demo provides all graphics, music, and sounds anyway.
In fact, if we don't profit from it, we can use just about any music or sound we want under fair use laws.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:05:24 pm by Xahnel »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:20 pm »

And on that note, no, Vanya isn't dead. I just needed a short break from the story while I came up with moar plotz and waited for Hanslanda to catch up... possibly. Hanslanda, are we still sending Urist in for Round II, or should I leave him out and rewrite, or should I just do it on my own? :\ (hoping your RL stuff is doing better now, btw)
By the way, Hanslanda... Awesome ninja code. Are we going to start doing this everywhere and see how long it takes for people to figure out? I feel evil now... but in a good way.

Yes. I think leaving hidden messages everywhere is extra fun. This way someone can find them and freak out thinking we've been doing it behind the scenes the whole time.

And I would still like to have Urist up for round two. And my RL stuff is about the same as ever, I'm just in like... A manic state instead of depressive like I was. :/ Probably got a good week of it before it comes back. And I believe I promised an update...

Urist and Hans: Bloodsnow
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kind of odd for Spearbreakers, but its just a side note on the journey to the Baron. So... Yeah. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: September 17, 2012, 10:23:11 pm »

@Xahnel:

Okay, so that's three volunteers now, and a workable idea for any sound effects that can't be simulated by banging household objects together. This may actually turn out to be doable.

On the off chance that this gets off the ground, it'd probably be best to upload actual samples of ourselves doing various lines so that we don't get any unpleasant surprises. I know I'd be pissed if I hired someone for their vocal services only to find out at the last minute that they sounded like me :p

Out of curiosity, how does everyone imagine my voice? This should be amusing...

@Hansie:

Heh, ninja'd :p  Also, the transparent text shows up normally on the Wii's internet browser. Just FYI.
    I'm not sure if I like the idea of hiding text, though...
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: September 17, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »

Hehe, I'm glad someone's machine is immune to it. :P
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: September 17, 2012, 10:59:42 pm »

So basically now we have to constantly highlight anything you two post?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Messages. Hidden. Everywhere. (34.11)
« Reply #5457 on: September 17, 2012, 11:03:23 pm »

Nah. Not if you don't want to. And I don't think it will happen very often, so there's that.
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: September 17, 2012, 11:25:14 pm »

I'll work on a few lines. Good thing i have a couple of good microphones. One is from that old ps2 singing game which name i don't remember.
I think skype might be required for this. As well, anyone who records needs to be damn sure they can get loud. Pretend yelling sounds sooo stupid when recorded.
Another thing i learned in my breif sojurn recording audio for minecraft videos (didn't work out, never uploaded anything) is that microphones have a tendancy to pick up any little noise. So, silence your phones, lock out the pets, and make sure where you record is silent as a new crypt. If you have to, lay on the ground to avoid chair/desk/floor squeeks. Even the fan from your computer should be muted in some manner.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: September 17, 2012, 11:29:46 pm »

I have some, albeit flimsy, expierience with voice acting and a decent mic. And Skype would be handy, if only for transference of files.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 815