Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178000 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5505 on: September 19, 2012, 12:00:14 am »

Not what I meant. I... Won't lie, that is one I probably won't do.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: September 19, 2012, 01:50:36 am »

- Shot from Mitch's shoulder at his hands as he turns the pages of a necromancer tome (with popup pages!)

Ahahaha, I didn't think anyone picked that up when I posted it.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: September 19, 2012, 02:02:03 am »

- Shot from Mitch's shoulder at his hands as he turns the pages of a necromancer tome (with popup pages!)

I know I lol'd back then. Pity nobody apparently ever commented on it.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: September 19, 2012, 02:13:07 am »

I'm sure alot of us noticed. But how would our dwarves know of it since (If I remeber right) he just grabbed it a while after the fact and it could have easily been mistaken for his journal?

EDIT: Ok, I can't get the revission to look how I want it.Here's an older drawing, by a month or so. Came out more animeish/cartoony (whichever term you prefer) than the more recent stuff which is why I was hesitant to put it up. Had to sift through PMs for the link since I didn't feel like dredging it out of tinypic.
Armor was cobbled together from a combination of Imperial Guard flak armor and A starcraft Ghost's full bodysuit and armor. Enjoy. Vanya is now removed from the poll at last!

Keep your comments on things that are wrong with it to yourself folks, I'm struggling to get myself to draw as it is.

I'll try to finish Reudh before I go to school today, if I don't fall asleep soon, and post him along with Talvi.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: September 19, 2012, 06:22:23 am »

Yes, I most definitely plan on helping out with any recording we do, if at all possible. lol    And yes, Mr Frog, you're right, I was incredibly tense. You can tell from my loud, higher-pitched voice, my rambling, and the constant rapid subject changes.

On that note, both Splint and Mr Frog sound awesome, in my opinion. Mr Frog, curious - is that how deep your voice normally is? That's a lot lower than I normally talk. lol   If I'm not tense, I can match how deep you were there, though. :P I did a lot of off-mic practice yesterday, trying to learn to relax myself, like you said... I'm not sure how far I got towards that becoming a reality. I'll probably just freeze up again the second I turn my mp3 player on. :P  But no, really - you sounded awesome. And Splint, the laughing fit doesn't seem to be very readily apparent. :P  I did have to turn up the volume quite a bit to hear you, though. Your voice sounds great too. :)

We've got a lot of potentially good voice actors, then, if we count Xahnel.  I think we're actually going to manage something. :D
(I've still got a page or two to catch up on, just posting my thoughts so far)

edit: Yep, people expected my voice to be a lot deeper.  ::) I tried, it just wound up really high-pitched from being nervous. (I still don't know why I was nervous.) My voice is typically lower than that. An odd thing about my voice is that it sounds higher pitched even when I go deeper for some reason, because you don't hear any of the added stress you typically hear from people who go lower than they normally do. Instead of that, my voice just gets quieter. :-\ I don't know if that made any sense.

I know I lol'd back then. Pity nobody apparently ever commented on it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And woot, Splint! You posted Vanya's pic! Awesome. :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:46:28 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: September 19, 2012, 08:11:23 am »

Mic was messed up have removed this verison and i'm posting the newer one soon.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:12:48 am by Draconik_Sankis »

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: September 19, 2012, 10:15:41 am »

I even made my own audiolog.

http://soundcloud.com/tomio175/tomios-spearbreakers-audiolog
(I know it's bad, I thought stuff up on the spot.)
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: September 19, 2012, 10:59:22 am »

I can't hear yours, Draconik. :-\ Maybe increase your mic's recording volume?

@Tomio: I found your log hilarious. "Now, it wouldn't be that bad, if it wasn't for the Spawn. They're completely...  ...   annoying." :P As to Vanya being a "little bitch"... lol   She didn't see the shark, though... instead, I said there was something hidden under a canvas in a corner, being deliberately vague (I love being vague. Solves so many problems). She won't say anything.

And now... a weird bit of story. Written at random... I'll need to proofread it later. For now, just enjoy the misspellings and duplicate/missing words. Or do as Hanslanda does and turn it to punny humer.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:28:08 pm by Talvieno »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: September 19, 2012, 11:26:25 am »

Heh. Are you going to post that before every Vanya journal now? Epic either way. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: September 19, 2012, 11:37:57 am »

I've actually already written a short piece by the guy before every Vanya entry. :P That's the italic bit at the beginning. I'm going to continue Vanya's story, but I needed to make the second-person narrator a little bit more concrete before I could. That's what the above story bit is. It actually takes place before "Dr. Urist Jones" (I pity whoever misses the reference) begins reading. Thus, far, far out of order. It belongs back in June somewhere.

dit: And no, this (and possibly a couple others) should be the only ones that are this long.

edit2: I forgot the "e" in "edit" above. Now that I've taken the time to bring everything up and post this, I think I'll leave it. It looks funny. Hooray for typos.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:48:29 am by Talvieno »

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: September 19, 2012, 12:22:01 pm »

Tomio's journal 2:
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: September 19, 2012, 12:55:54 pm »

Talvieno, you could do let's plays on youtube. You've got what's called a "Cozy Voice For Catastrophes".
Mr Frog, are you the movie announcer guy?
Splint, you sound like you'd make a good stand up comedian.
And now.
Me.
Friggin' friggigty frig.

Might consider turning down the volume.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: September 19, 2012, 04:33:43 pm »

An odd thing about my voice is that it sounds higher pitched even when I go deeper for some reason, because you don't hear any of the added stress you typically hear from people who go lower than they normally do. Instead of that, my voice just gets quieter. :-\ I don't know if that made any sense.

I have this issue sometimes, as well. I think a large part of it is maintaining proper airflow; whenever I lower my voice, I seem to need to speak with quite a bit more force than usual in order to get a good sound out. It's all in the diaphragm. (Yes, I have been looking for an excuse to use 'diaphragm' in a casual conversation.)

Mr Frog, curious - is that how deep your voice normally is? That's a lot lower than I normally talk.

I think so -- and yes, that is a weird thing to say.
    I may have been subconsciously trying to lower it, because I'm kind of insecure about how I sound, but I wasn't really trying to disguise my voice. Then again, however, I was pretty nervous as well, which means I may have been speaking higher than normal. It's a very very close approximation of how I normally speak, at least (I did do multiple takes, though -- I'm not nearly that consistent in normal conversation :p).
    I suppose that the upshot to all this is that now, whenever I post a panicky flounce like the following:
Okay, probably best to lay this out straight: I volunteered to do voices on an impulse (sugar rush ftw), without really putting much consideration into it. I'm not sure how serious everyone is about building on this idea (I hope something does happen, really; it sounds like it'd be cool), but please do not count on my involvement if anything happens. If it turns out that I'm needed, please do ask by all means, but it seems shortsighted of me to promise I'll be capable of following through, given my track record with this sort of thing. We'll just have to wait and see.
You will hear the whole thing in a gravelly baritone. And that is the sort of gift that never stops giving :p
    In the interests of full disclosure, I used to speak in a much higher tone until about last February, when I accidentally slipped into the lower register I use now and decided I liked it better. For what it's worth, I think it's how I should have been speaking from the start -- I couldn't raise my voice at all before then, nor could I really alter the pitch (recordings of my voice from back then sound very flat). That's actually why I recommended Splint try speaking from his larynx more -- he sounds a lot like I did before, so he might be making the same mistake I was making.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: September 19, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »

you people are....... the highlight of my day. and thats kinda sad...
@Asea thank you for the compliment. I'm actually extremely-insecure about my voice, so it means a lot to me.
your welcome.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: September 19, 2012, 07:22:32 pm »

When I heard Mr Frog's voice, I almost fell out of my chair.

-Edit-

Xahnel's voice. That also threw me off. Now I want to give a voice, if I had a mic. Damn.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:45:09 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 815