Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178342 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5835 on: October 06, 2012, 03:39:34 am »

Ok so I've been in a very good mood for a few days now and I just got the giggles by thinking of Fischer and Draignean and the rest of first squad coming into combat to this tune.

Spearbreakers Strike Force One Assemble!

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: October 06, 2012, 04:47:31 am »

Post Combat Log of Draconik Sankis:
I can not believe the ill-fated timing of this attack, curse you Ballpoint. Frost is conducting a scan to find out what I broke fighting to get back here.  i'm going to record the data as best I can however there were more important things at the time, like survival.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: October 06, 2012, 06:50:02 am »

Blegh, ABSOLUTELY nothing has happened since my last update besides housekeeping.

23rd Opal 208

It's nearly the end of my reign. It can't come too soon... I want to pack up my things and leave. Off exploring. Hopefully people will think better of me in my absence.

I have been tidying up my loose ends. Production is at an all time high. I told Rose about how I've been getting a few tips from Fischer and she immediately guessed.

"Reudh, it's nearly the end of your reign... I realise you feel terrible about what happened and what went on between us, but 'starting anew' is not a good thing to do."

I can't help but tell her the truth.
"I... I feel I should go look for Vanya. I haven't seen her around lately... and if she's scarpered I want to find her. I... I think I like her."

Rose frowned. "Like as in how you liked me? Or like as in how you liked Rochia?"

"Neither. I... feel a kinship with Vanya. I feel like she's the person for me... and so I want to search for her. I want to leave Spearbreakers as I fear I'm going to be assassinated the moment I step down... even now I've improved."

"Reudh, I don't like this one bit... but if it's how you feel, it's how you feel."

6th Obsidian 208

I can't help but feel the urge to get out, so in spite of our blood splattered landscape (some blood fell from the sky and I accidentally drank it... most unpleasant) I left and had a look around.

Blast that Stova memorial I made. Blast me spelling it incorrectly.

It is pretty and blue though.
Trees are being knocked down to keep a good stockpile. I'm overhauling the animals we have; slaughtering cubs and training those that aren't trained.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: October 06, 2012, 06:56:08 am »

I find it rather comical what they named that contractor.

Can't pronounce letter J.
Name translator incest.
Lol, I was trying to match everything as closely as possible with the LANGUAGE_SCYTHOD.txt raws. It still had the older words... but it's lacking "Amber" and everything past it. :( I saw that "lonne" was "incest" and went "YESSSSSSSS... it must be mentioned."

Scylk is actually "cudgel". Spylk is "fist", and skylk is "meal_ground". I changed his name a few times while I was writing and finally decided on "Scylk".
edit: this was done with my (now gone) language generator. The "ylk" ending was a randomly-generated suffix that meant "violent". "Pi-" is a suffix that meant "Flowery" in the scythod language. Fun fact: "Bride" is pronounced "piss". Wasn't my doing. >.>

I like the Scythod now.

This. They sounded badass before, but now they sound like legimate sentient beings of wisdom, not just killing machines.
I like examining things from unexpected angles. :)

And thanks, guys. :) Didn't expect praise for such a loosely-related chapter, but it's appreciated.

Updates, Reudh? *looks hopeful*   Oh, and by the way... I doubt this has ever been done in a succession fort before, but if you could replace Vanya's name with a placeholder like "Nyava", that would be much appreciated... that way she doesn't get killed off at the fort while she's traveling the bloodplains. She may return eventually, but a chapter where I have to teleport her back and kill her would be awful.
I'm actually starting to feel constricted by the setting, which I think is probably a bad thing, considering I'm writing for a succession game... the journals ended up turning into something more along the lines of a legitimate novel. :-\ ...oops.

Ninja'd by an update.

edit:
"Neither. I... feel a kinship with Vanya.
I find it somewhat amusing that Reudh doesn't seem to feel kinship with anyone until he comes across an elf. :P
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:38:29 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: October 06, 2012, 01:02:11 pm »

............ OH, now i get it...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: October 06, 2012, 01:39:01 pm »

Now you get what?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: October 06, 2012, 07:15:18 pm »

Bump. Where is everybody?  ???

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: October 06, 2012, 07:17:45 pm »

Haven't had anything to say is all.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: October 06, 2012, 07:18:44 pm »

Meh. :( We need updates. And I suppose I ought to get to work on that next entry.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: October 06, 2012, 07:28:33 pm »

Reudh just hasn't had much to report. His turn's just about over and he's been plodding along, and we'll be suffering  having another leadership shift soon. Hell we may end up with an offshoot story out of this.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: October 06, 2012, 08:20:28 pm »

I don't have much to say because every time i try to start a conversation anymore, i get jumped with a meta conversation about whether or not what i'm talking about is off topic, and frankly i'm sick of it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:00 pm »

I don't have much to say because every time i try to start a conversation anymore, i get jumped with a meta conversation about whether or not what i'm talking about is off topic, and frankly i'm sick of it.

This too. We've gone of on tangents about why airpower is missing (since most of these things are dwarf made probably, I blame mechanical and training failures that would be rediculous to us,) Assembling a radioshow, jokingly saying Talvieno should publish the vanya story, and had a few speels of random conversation to kill time and keep the thread active.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: October 06, 2012, 09:39:02 pm »

My FPS is declining, making time go slower and slower. I left it unpaused for a good few minutes and only advanced a few days. I'm fighting to keep it above 10fps. D:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:10 pm »

Hrmm... I hope the next guy can deal with it decently. This is turning into a swordthunders in terms of FPS....

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: October 06, 2012, 10:12:21 pm »

I do have a rather old computer, and there are SO many animals.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 815