Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178514 times)

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #6135 on: October 27, 2012, 10:24:39 am »

has anyone else seen the thing where someone asked 50 people if they shood ban water?
Yup.

Anyway, for a small teaser of the update:

Mincer has a wounded hand, but Skewer is lost. No containment. We need soldiers now...

I am SOOOOOOOO FUCKED.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:32:55 am by tomio175 »
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: October 27, 2012, 10:37:13 am »

eep.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: October 27, 2012, 10:38:00 am »

Welp we're dead. He's going to go on a murderous rampage because he's still armored.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: October 27, 2012, 10:44:56 am »

Overseer's log: Fifth of Hematite.
Skewer has turned into one of... Them. We were unable to put him in containment, but at the very least he was still dying outside while it happened.

Overseer's log: Sixth of Hematite.
Skewer has been terminated. I actually liked the fellow, but when he turned, I had no choice but to give the order.

P.S. He dropped his armor when he turned.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: October 27, 2012, 10:53:02 am »

THANK YOU GOD. I though we'd be dealing with an ARMORED abomination against natural law.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: October 27, 2012, 11:02:51 am »

It was a fairly short fight anyway, Skewer was still unconscious from the wounds when he turned, and got almost insta-killed by Dicer.

Oh, and we're out of "training" spawn for our marksdwarves/civil defence units. I'm not setting up new ones because I know I WILL fuck up.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: October 27, 2012, 05:36:06 pm »

Even if you don't, Urist McMurphy's Law states that you will be sieged by all three hostile races before the end of your turn.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: October 27, 2012, 05:38:12 pm »

Or even better, all three at once and then they all mess eachother up so badly they all retreat, while our dwarves get some cheap lulz.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: October 27, 2012, 06:06:40 pm »

Summon many bigger fish!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: October 27, 2012, 08:35:35 pm »

I want to know how the spawn didn't just kill everything in world gen. Also what are the spawn just a creature type or a civ?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: October 27, 2012, 08:48:06 pm »

civ. i think
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: October 27, 2012, 09:08:14 pm »

They're a civ. They have to be a civ if they are to do anything other than occasionally roam around the map.

Tomio- press N to look at the notes for the levers in the containment room I set up. Check a level lower before you do anything.

I think we have two or so in cages that you could dump in there.

Lever on the left controls the bridge that allows access to containment. Lever on the right is not linked to anything, it's used to link to the spawn cages.

Pull the left lever once you're ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN all spawn are dead, use b -> j to build a cage. press x to expand the list, until you find 'holistic spawn cage (material)' or something like that. Build it inside the containment area. Go to the lever on the right. Link up a Cage. Use + or - to find a constructed cage.

Let your mechanics link up the cage. Once you've successfully linked it up, make sure ALL dwarves are out of the containment facility. Pull the lever for the bridge to raise it. Pull the lever to break the cages.

Voila, spawn are now roaming in containment.
In order to get your marksdwarves into position, they must be standing right next to the fortifications. Make sure that wall gets built, and perhaps build some more wall blocking that space off so they will move into proper position.

Civil Defense 1 and 2, and Squad 3 Second all use crossbows, I believe.

Splint, he would drop his armor, because the spawn have no armor in their civ allowed, I believe. So it'd just peel off like skin off a roast chicken.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: October 27, 2012, 09:31:27 pm »

Wait does that mean spawn have skills and also have a king? I never ever want to meet the spawn king.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: October 27, 2012, 10:19:54 pm »

Wait does that mean spawn have skills and also have a king? I never ever want to meet the spawn king.

We killed thier king actually. But yes, any skills carry over following transformation.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: October 28, 2012, 12:32:50 am »

We killed thier king actually. But yes, any skills carry over following transformation.

Was the king strong at all? I really think though a legendary dodger/fighter spawn might be very bad for everyone involved.
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 815