Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178479 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #6435 on: November 17, 2012, 08:29:27 pm »

I do believe I or one of my guards bludgeoned the humans' law giver to death.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: November 17, 2012, 08:43:51 pm »

Lurit, Strohe and Tedaz are yours to do as you will with them when Vanya, Lord Reudh and the others meet. I don't mind if they get killed off or injured.

As for the humans?

something something I got splint to kill their guild rep something something
I gave it some thought since I posted that, and I have the perfect plan in mind for them, if you leave them unharmed. And it doesn't involve killing them off, either. They won't be an issue, no matter what you do with them. :)

You know, in most community forts, a human siege would be worthy of mention... Here it doesn't quite measure up to the rest of the insanity, I guess.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: November 17, 2012, 08:53:54 pm »

And lo, in a flash of utter retardation, a short bit from those poor bastards' perspective will follow shortly.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: November 17, 2012, 08:57:13 pm »

By now, Talvieno, I kind of picture parasol as a company that has evolved to be a good (or better) company. at least compared to what it once was.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: November 17, 2012, 08:58:17 pm »

It has a small problem with getting anything above dabbling test pilots for thier fixed wing expieriments though.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: November 17, 2012, 09:00:54 pm »

oh god...

i guess they MAY be able to borrow one form stone. once they scrape him off the moon that is...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: November 17, 2012, 09:06:20 pm »

Ah dwarves (and DF inhabitants in general): They can amange battlesuits, VTOL vehicles, and magnetic accelerator  guns, but even major successes end with the first dwarf on the moon as a puddle on said celestial body.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: November 17, 2012, 09:14:38 pm »

not first. mishap with FTL tech. namely, mass acelarators. someone was using a console for a bad purpose. i.e. watching the equilelent of youtube. and i cat spell.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: November 17, 2012, 09:17:44 pm »

"Hey Urist, whatcha doin'- That's not the mass accelerator console is it?"

"Aye, what of it?"

"BOMREKS ABOUT TO LAUNCH YOU IDIOT!"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: November 17, 2012, 09:22:30 pm »

they did not notice until after the crash. luckily, he died upon impact.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: November 18, 2012, 12:32:51 am »

"Urist, Rakust, I heave great news!"

"What is it, Lolok?"

"I have discovered BOOZE ON THE MOON! Come see!"

Three minutes later...

"Lolok... Isn't that Bomrek's helmet in that pile of 'booze'?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: November 18, 2012, 01:04:19 am »

I'm almost finished the last month of spring, so i'll have my first update up by tuesday at the latest.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: November 18, 2012, 01:35:00 am »

Oh hey guys what's shak--

I'm almost finished the last month of spring, so i'll have my first update up by tuesday at the latest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: November 18, 2012, 01:37:25 am »

Oh hey guys what's shak--

THE END TIMES ARE UPON US

I feel that deserves nomination. Also if we have an Oh Crap entry on our  page, add "The Master finally took his turn, to which the other players responded with crapping themselves in terror."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: November 18, 2012, 02:32:09 am »

1st Strike of The Copper Realm

“Sir, our strike forces are in position. We'll begin the attack on the fortress on your word.” A spearman said to the grizzled mercenary captain atop his horse. “Good. The men know what they're up against, correct?” He asked the footman. “We've all heard the stories sir. We're ready and waiting.” “Good. Signalman, broadcast.” At the order, a man carrying several flags raised one composed of a red and yellow quarter pattern and waved it in a deliberate motion with the wind. They'd  gotten a good day for the battle; the ceaseless blood rains had abated long enough from them to ready for the attack. “We'll see if the tales of their strength are true.” The captain said to himself as his gaze met the almost comical Fist of Rage, as dwarven traders called it.

The human soldiers approached from multiple direction, but found only one entry, a strangely unguarded roadway right into the fortress. “Something ain't right....” On of them muttered as they approached. It was all unassuming, but also concerning: No guards in the towers, no random weapon traps or dead-falls hidden amongst the tall brush along the roadsides. “Easy men. We may be able to do this without a fight if they hand over their Duke.” The lead soldier said to the group.”Right, because dwarves are known to be pushovers.” A spearwoman said. The first group marched in, the second following close behind, only to be greeted with a deep pit and a raised drawbridge. “Hey, check it out.” One of the younger troops said, elbowing several of his comrades. They looked and found an elven diplomat's remains staring at them in ragged clothing and an empty-eyed skull, bits of fetid flesh and skin and a single remaining ear being the only identifier of its race. It had clearly been bludgeoned to death, with a sign in dwarven runes draped over its neck saying “The forests shall burn,” according to one of the senior spearmen. Suddenly ghastly screams came from somewhere beyond the walls, startling the soldiers. “Hello gents, fine day isn't it?”came a voice that was just dripping with egotism. The group turned to face what they though was a guard ina tower, to be met by around a dozen dwarves, One armed with a ridiculous pike, one in what could only be called a metal skirt, and one wearing a bizarre helmet with some kind of weird slitted visor. It was only three dwarves, but then they realized nearly a dozen more were moving into the towers “Told ya somethin' wasn't right!” A soldier said frantically as a few more dwarves came out of an iron wall. “Right then. I'm Colonel Fischer Strifulrope, and yours don't matter. You're trespassing on sovereign dwarven land. Are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?” The slit visored dwarf said. “ We are soldiers of Nemea under the employ of The Merchant's Guild of a wronged neighbor of this settlement, The Copper Realm. We're here to apprehend your Duke for the murder of The Copper Realm's law-giver and the guild's fallen representative.” One of the soldiers closest said, stepping forward. “Well I'm afraid we can't let you do that humans. Now, you have two options. Option one, take your arms and depart. Option two, try and be heroes. I urge you to take option one.” The Colonel said to the assemblage of humans. “Raise your polearm dwarf! For the Glory of Nemea!” One of the spearmen yelled, followed by a chorus of battle cries from the others.

“So be it!” Fischer said as she rushed forward, Awl and Draignean close behind while two other dwarves went back towards the roadway entry, as verious cries and screams began to eminate from around its watch towers. The first fool hardy human tried to leverage his size against the Colonel, only to have his leg ruined from a pike stab and his brain ripped into by a swift shield strike, the corner of her strange shield punching a hole where the temple would be in the helmet. Awl meanwhile, rushed straight at a trio of humans, the elongated tip on his special pike catching the lead human as he opened his guard to attack at the wrong time. The tip punched a clean triangular hole throught the human, forcing cloth and splintered mail into the wound as he managed to keep going, bowling the other two over. Draignean parried two rapid attacks from his nearest foe, and quickly took both legs out from under the human before planting his pike firmly in his neck and vaulting into the next one (or such as a dwarf can vault into an enemy,) and in knocking her down, continued rolling under his own momentum and knocking another human on their face. “Ah ha! You fell right into my ploy of the dwarven death roll!” he said proudly as he got to his feet, his helmet saving him from a whack to the side of the head. “Gloat later you damned fool and fight!” Fischer said angrily, grabbing a spear and throwing it into the human who'd knocked him down. “Right, sorry Colonel, just momentary distraction by my ploy is all!” Draignean said, getting to his feet. He whipped around as he heard a spearwoman come at him from behind yelling like banshee in in a stroke of luck, the point cut across her throat, causing her to stumble into the narcissistic pikedwarf who used his shield to leverage her over his should, where he slammed the buttplate of his pike down, smashing it through her eye socket and skull. “A pity, she was quite beautiful for a human.” Draignean looked over to his comrades, smiling as he watched teeth fly from the head of one unlucky human as Fischer delivered a plated backhand. Awl mean while, yanked his pike from a spearman's gut  and batted him down, a sickening crunch coming from the screaming human's arm. He put his good hand up, begging for mercy only to have Awl silently put his pikepoint through the poor soul's forehead. Several humans were fleeing, though one was felled by four bolts to his back, the iron tipped bone bolts ripping through chainmail and downing him, though one did snap against the human's helmet. “Well well, some of our enemies want to run! Good luck humans! I'd say you fought well but that'd be a lie!” Draignean said, waving. He paused only long enough to kill the human he'd knocked over earlier, who was struggling to his feet. “Quiet Draignean. Awl, come on. Dauros and Skitara probably need backup.” Fischer said, yanking Splashslowed from the chest cavity of her detoothed victim. They rounded a corner, following the reducing amount of screams to see Skitara and Dauros finishing off their last opponents, a motley mixture of spear and macemen littering the road, the ones killed by pike standing out among the bolt-ridden bodies.

Dauros delivered a kick to his enemy, shattering the knee and bending it backwards with a shrill cry of pure agony coming from the human, who's wild morningstar swing missed completely. He then backhanded his shield into the human and ran him through, lifting him off the ground and letting him slide down before throwing him off and putting the gasping fighter out of his misery. Skitara meanwhile had gotten in his enemy's guard, jabbing his pike into the spearman's shield hand, letting  go of his pike and knocking the man down with an uppercut strike with his shield rim. Skitara then removed his own shield and beat the unfortunate human's head into a bloody, unrecognizable mass. “First Squad! Stand down!” Fischer bellowed as the surviving humans limped and ran down the road back into the brush, save one unlucky one, who took a bolt to the base of his neck from the look of it, who stumbled a short distance before dropping first his mace, then to his knees and finally into the brush, his legs still poking out onto the road. “Should we finish them off?” Dauros asked, poking at a body. “No. That weird little fellow Terrahex said there were more in the hills around the fortress. They'll be back. We'll rest for now. Dauros, tell Paintbrush he and his remaining troops are going to be needed. They'll be throwing whatever they have left at us.” Fisher said, a grim tone in her voice. If these humans were anything like the spawn, at least one surge of troops would follow tomorrow.

Sure enough, as a fair portion of 1st Company assembled, or more what remained of it, the enmy came. While any of them were powerful warriors, having outlasted many of their colleagues, Sergeant Paintbrushturkey probably stood out the most, his large mohawk and horseshoe mustache giving him a distinct appearance among the other dwarves. “Always wanted a good scrap with the humans.” He said as the dwarves formed a loose battle line. “Wish granted Sergeant. Stand to everyone! Here they come!” Fischer  shouted as a group of humans, a mixture of mace and spear men led by a man on horseback came charging down the road shouting at the top of their lungs. The melee dwarves split ranks as several of 3rd squad stepped out. “Ready!” The Sergeant called, his squad raising their handbows. “Aim!” he shouted, and they obeyed. “FIRE!” And with that, a volly of ten bolts, plus nearly twenty more from the watch towers let fly, most passing over the human commander and the first two ranks of men, tearing into those behind them. “Squad, reload!” The sergeant called, his squad pulling back as the axe and pike dwarves braced themselves. Fischer however, decided to make a point, grabbing a spear laying next to one of the previous day's dead and throwing it at the enemy commander. While the hurled spear failed to hit the captain, it did however spear his mount through the head, sending both tumbling forward with the captain dying as the back end of the horse crashed down on him and bent him in unnatural ways.

Still, his warriors pressed on at the dwarves, bounding over his and his steed's body. First to make contact was Gemblade, who hooked a human's mace midstrike with the bit of his axe and then whirled around, knocking him to the ground with his shield and slamming his axe into the maceman's head. Datan charged into the next, grabbing a jagged stone when her axe skidded away and smashing the invader's head. At the same time 3rd Squad charged as well, one soldier leaping over the falling body of a spear manand managing to block a swung mace and, at point blank range, sending a bolt into the owner of the mace's neck, shoving them down and splitting their skull with a hammer strike. At the same time, has grabbed a second shield from his enemy, having tossed aside his handbow and left his mining pick in his enemy and proceed to bash his way through four enemies in rapid succession. Paintbrush meanwhile was finishing his fith foe, blocking tow flail swings before batting the human's weapon arm inward and cleaving it from the owner before swinging upward and driving the axe bit into the human's neck, nearly slicing away his head. The battle raged for over a half hour before the huymans finally broke. Lefton and jack scored the final kills, Jack chopping away the legs of his enemy with his new sword before eviscerating him. Lefton meanwhile, rolled under a swung spearshaft and drove his sword into her guts where her breastplate ended and mail began. He ripped sideways, spilling her guts and forcing her to her knees, where he delivered a death blow, slicing away her head from her shoulders. Only a ragged group of tired survivors escape the battle to spread word of the disasterous defeat. Meanwhile the dwarves had managed to survive in one piece, though some had superficial wounds and were generally exhausted and could use a good bath. “Good show everyone! You've done the fortress proud today!” Fischer said, trying to sound upbeat and failing simply due to being worn out. “Damn straight!” paintbrush said in agreement, taking a seat on the human who still had one of his axes firmly lodged in its clavicle and shoulder. “Right then...” Fischer paused, pulling her pike from the human captain “Every get you kit if you dropped any of it. Time for a well earned break.”

And lo, did I embellish the living shit out of the battle! I downloaded Tomio's save to find only a squad of macemen had attacked unsupported. Since Tomio's update footnote was two days from the announcement, I had it spaced thus, with the humans initially underestimating the defense forces. We are painfully under strength right now, but it seems Tomio was successful in having Mr Frog rebuild his training simulator as Jack is either a legendary general combatant or Swordmaster now. And yes, stabbing the captain to make sure he was dead was indeed necessary. So The Master, you better get on rebuilding our army when you finish your tower! It was also late at the time of writing so if it sucks, my apologies.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 815