Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2195332 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #6765 on: December 02, 2012, 04:55:11 pm »

Okay well I finally got back to reading and I have to ask. I just reached Reudh's turn. Should I be scared? Edit: Also why the hell does Reudh have so many Armok forsaken posts on his turn?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: December 02, 2012, 06:00:51 pm »

He and Tomio both went for lots of short updates over a medium period.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: December 03, 2012, 01:29:03 am »

Turn 7 is up.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: December 03, 2012, 01:30:47 am »

I saw. I lol'd at Corai being bowled through the hospital.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: December 03, 2012, 07:55:06 am »

I haven't been able to get on. Sorry for the delay in response. I'm kind of tight on time right now, too.

@Mr Frog: The Vanya story is in a separate thread for a few different reasons.
 - It's novel-length, and would be a pain for someone to dig around for, if they wanted to read it.
 - Eventually, Spearbreakers will go down. It likely won't go down the way I want it to. Vanya herself might get killed off too early, prematurely ending the whole thing. As you yourself once said, it's not just a series of journals anymore - it's an actual story. Keeping it in a separate thread leaves me the option of splitting off from canon at some point, if necessary.
 - I will likely on occasion direct people I know towards it.
 - PDFs and Docs are good, but if you're looking for one chapter in particular, they're horrible. A thread can have a handy list of links at the top for me to clicky-click.
 - When it's my own thread, I can feel guiltless about editing and re-editing as much as I please.

I put a lot of thought into making that thread. It wasn't a spur-of-the-moment decision, and the reasons you aren't too fond of the idea are likely the same reasons I still feel edgy about it myself, and some of the reasons I took so long in making up my mind. lol

@ Splint: I wasn't aware that I messed anything up... I haven't given Ballpoint any battlesuit tech, if you think I did... I did briefly mention air travel, and I realize that's a bit of a "Berserk Button" topic for you, but I was pretty careful about it. "John" is from Ballpoint, so that's not an issue, either... I'm confused as to what I did wrong.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: December 03, 2012, 10:57:27 am »

Next part of Vanya's journal. I'm a bit iffy about it, honestly.

Vanya's Journals: Infiltration
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:45:43 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: December 03, 2012, 01:06:29 pm »

between the TVT page and Tomio was more why I felt the need to point it out is all. Reading next chapter now.

EDIT: Yikes. Seems like someone's been getting thier ass kicked up and down that region. And it seems the spawn will be getting an overhaul for the continental inlands when this place goes belly up. Also seems like stranded Operators and Contractors may be a go as well.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: December 03, 2012, 02:08:36 pm »

@Talvi:

Fair enough. It's your decision anyways, really.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: December 03, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »

TALVI.
i just saw the video. DONT SHAVE THE BEARD.

you look shockingly like Justin Timberlake... im going to hide now.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: December 03, 2012, 03:57:32 pm »

sorry, the power went out last night, so I didn't finish writing up the journal, but I was nearly done, i'll have it up within the hour!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: December 03, 2012, 03:57:55 pm »

woo!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: December 03, 2012, 04:01:13 pm »

Woo indeed. And seriously, I need some subject matter for the alternate reality thing since there's not a damned thing to do besides cleanup.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: December 03, 2012, 04:02:48 pm »

uh... secret tunnel, Stone INC finds it, dwarves inside secret bunker?
Highly Opinionated Fool

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: December 03, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »

1st of Hematite:

Today I went to the doctor, Doctor Dake by the lake, and asked him if he had anything that would help my one-feathered tail grow. He said, "NO, I HAVE NOTHING FOR YOU, DODEODODEDO!!!" So I threw such a fuss and raised such a din that Doctor Dake just HAD TO GIVE IN! So he brought out the pillberry bush, and told me to eat a few berries, and that would help. So, being the Red tailed Cowbird that I was, I ate five hundred Urists worth of them! I then exploded. The end.

4th of Hematite:
Ugh, were did I put my cotton candy blue statue I found in a mine-shaft? It's the only thing that lets me see fluffy for who she truly is! An Red Fanged Elepuskey!

10th of Hematite:
The jungle of Nool is so wonderful! Everyone here is so happy! SO HAPPY! HAPPY HAAPPPYYY HAAAAAPPPPPPPYYYYYY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYY....

15th of Hematite:
Joy to the world, Armok is here! He will, destroy, us all! He'll rain down fire upon the land, you fuckers are all gonna die, let heaven and Armok rejoice, let heaven and Armok rejoice, Let heaven and Armok rejoice! Joy to the CARNAGE, for it is good! May all perish, and die! LALALALALALAALALLA!!!!!

17th of Hematite:
Dear Diary,
I had a simply CARNAGE! marvelous conversation with Elfish CARNAGE! Presley recently! He told me that he was the king of rock CARNAGE back in his day! He says he's from a fCARNAGE!ar away land called...what was it...Ahmareihka? Anyway, CARNAGE! kittens are delicious, I herebCARNAGE!y change the day of the week to kitten! Everyone must eat at least kitCARNAGE!ten on that day of theCABBAGE! week or FUCKING DIE IN RED HOT STEAMING MAGMA!!!!!! CARNAGE!

20th of Hematite:
mmmm...children...so tasty!

23rd of Hematite:
I met a part human-part girl recently in a cave! She was very kind and loved to SLAUGHTER HELPLESS WILDLIFE!!!! and pigeons! She told me that I was to be one of her lovely bridesmaids, oh i'm just so excited I could just RIP APART A FUCKING CHILD AND EAT HIS TESTICLES!!! Hehe!

24th of Hematite:
I finally confronted splint about his elfish tendencies. I told him that if he turns in his fellow elves, I'll let him stay in the fortress as a double agent. But if he doesn't, I'LL CASTRATE THE FUCK OUT OF HIM THEN EAT HIS SOUL!!!!! He gladly accepted, and quite eagerly too! Almost...too eagerly...Oh, I must go, the wedding is tomorrow!!!

27th of Hematite:
I'VE BEEN TRICKED! There was no wedding, it was a trap by the elves! They tied me all And to think I got all dressed up in my lovely gown too! When I went back to the cave to confront the BITCH, the cave was gone! It's as if I imagined it all! Well, that's impossible, she just moved it so that I would feel stupid! WELL, FINE! BE THAT WAY! I DIDN'T WANT TO GO ANYWAY!! I guess I better give Mr. Frog's clothing back...

30th of Hematite:
Other than that stupid the pesky liar, Nothing really eventful has happened this month. Oh well, MAYBE NEXT TIME!!!!

(Seriously, NOTHING happened this month! How boring!)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:18:28 pm by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:18 pm »

Lets not make this X rated.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 815