Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178013 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7035 on: December 19, 2012, 10:26:17 am »

[...] is it me or is the game itself trying to prevent The Master's turn?
The game has done worse.

And finally... the conclusion of the Parasol Trench battle... and the beginning of the next arc.

Vanya's Journals, Chapter 46: The Stench of Victory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:35:24 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:10 am »

Yeah, sorry I posted my take on that very battle ahead of time. I was ina hurry and I still don't feel good (If I end up sick on christmas again I'm gonna be pissed) so pardon that. Want me to yank it and move it further down here?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:50 am »

Lol, of course not. It's the same read either way. Don't worry about it, man, and I hope you start feeling better soon.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: December 19, 2012, 10:37:27 am »

I have a feeling it's my sleep schedule I don't think 5-6 hours of sleep after being up 24 hours is normal.  :-\

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: December 19, 2012, 12:43:57 pm »

Journal: One person's death is the other person's bread...
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: December 19, 2012, 12:48:31 pm »

Sounds like that guy got damn lucky. Better hope this isn't some clever rouse to draw him into a sniper's fire.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: December 19, 2012, 02:50:34 pm »

I think so too. Sounds like they're trying to trick Catten.

Edit: For the lulz: I got in touch with the person who made Reudh's favorite Mary Sue Litmus Test. She added #8, just for Rose:
8. Is your character strong enough to wield a huge weapon like a warhammer, giant gun, or huge sword, yet has a waifish figure instead of 'unattractive' bulging muscles?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:20:16 pm by Talvieno »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: December 19, 2012, 04:01:59 pm »

well, that is usefull.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: December 19, 2012, 04:47:04 pm »

For the lulz: I got in touch with the person who made Reudh's favorite Mary Sue Litmus Test. She added #8, just for Rose:
8. Is your character strong enough to wield a huge weapon like a warhammer, giant gun, or huge sword, yet has a waifish figure instead of 'unattractive' bulging muscles?

I find this humerous, but the hammers can't be that big if dwarves can use them one handed. Though i will be fair, it is made out of pitchblende....

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: December 19, 2012, 06:02:00 pm »

Heh. Poor Rose.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: December 19, 2012, 06:30:50 pm »

For the lulz: I got in touch with the person who made Reudh's favorite Mary Sue Litmus Test. She added #8, just for Rose:

I find this humerous, but the hammers can't be that big if dwarves can use them one handed. Though i will be fair, it is made out of pitchblende....

Well, I'm pretty sure "warhammers" actually aren't that big -- the giant-ass kitten masher most people associate with the word is actually called a maul or something (NOTE: I AM NOT AN EXPERT, NOR DID I BOTHER GOOGLING THIS). I suppose it depends on what Xahnel was using the word to mean, though.

Which segues nicely to my next point, which is that discussing this without Xahnel here to defend his character seems a bit skeevy to me. (It seems to be over already, though, so whatever.)

I personally prefer this test, I think because it does a better job of diagnosing what exactly is wrong with the character.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: December 19, 2012, 06:35:45 pm »

I'd say she's been done justice. And yes, you were thinking of a maul or another form people know it as, the war gavel (Or raven's beak, sledge hammer.) Think the hammer a judge uses except meant for smashing heads instead of that wooden pad thing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: December 19, 2012, 07:12:13 pm »

Well, I'm pretty sure "warhammers" actually aren't that big -- the giant-ass kitten masher most people associate with the word is actually called a maul or something (NOTE: I AM NOT AN EXPERT, NOR DID I BOTHER GOOGLING THIS). I suppose it depends on what Xahnel was using the word to mean, though.

Which segues nicely to my next point, which is that discussing this without Xahnel here to defend his character seems a bit skeevy to me. (It seems to be over already, though, so whatever.)

I personally prefer this test, I think because it does a better job of diagnosing what exactly is wrong with the character.

Heehee. I just ran Lord Reudh through that.

Score: 19.

Lurit on the other hand?

Hmm, true enough. :D

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: December 19, 2012, 07:22:31 pm »

Vanya got:
Score 19, just like Reudh... It's not really that different.

As for Rose's warhammer, Xahnel said it was big. Not one of those small, more-realistic warhammers. He's also said right out that Rose was a Mary Sue, so I don't think he'd mind. I think he'd actually think it a little cool. :)

Edit: Talvi:
Read the first line... >.> I don't think I like that test anymore. lol   (12 pts, btw)

I have to ask... I don't usually, but I'm a bit worried... What opinion do you guys have of how I did the parasol trench arc? (meeting everybody, learning stuff, everybody dying)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:56:25 pm by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: December 19, 2012, 07:33:17 pm »

So you'd like to be a gibbering mental patient who is only just beginning to regain thier grip on thier former sanity?

On Rose: She had a larger one but it has since been replaced by the one she was issued as part of her equipment when she was taken on as a bodyguard. I wouldn't doubt that she keeps her old one in her room though. I would have issued her a maul, but she wasn't big enough in game to use one (Only the biggest dwarves can anyway.)

EDIT: Ran the Sewaturet overseer through both: General consensus is I need to refine and detatch a little him a bit. Eh. Could have been worse, though I did factor in alot of crap that hasn't been brought up in this that I had written down for him.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 815