Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2197925 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7155 on: January 05, 2013, 05:57:57 am »

@ Reudh - He lurks. And has been hoping endlessly for his dwarf to die.

He hasn't.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: January 05, 2013, 08:08:35 am »

I've done my share of research, too. I know ridiculous amounts about the workings of tanks and such, physics, weaponry, history, but only scattered bits - wherever I needed it for a story. The fashion thing is bizarre for me. That's not like me at all. Suddenly I'm looking up and consulting people on what clothes match what, what goes with white and black, what qualifies as "accessories" and why they're important, why you can't wear X with Y, etc. Then I get it all figured out and have a set of believably-fashionable and believably-realistic clothing for Katie. I figure I'll copy-paste it all onto Vanya, tell the person thank you, and she says something along the lines of, "WAIT! It's taboo for someone to be wearing the same thing you are unless it's a uniform, and that Katie would know that!" :-\ Back to the books.
    Seriously. All I ever wear is jeans and a t-shirt, black athletic shoes, and white socks - which, I am informed, isn't the best choice. I have never thought about matching clothes, and much less about whether my shoes go with my outfit.

@ Reudh - He lurks. And has been hoping endlessly for his dwarf to die.

He hasn't.
Hanslanda wants Urist to die? :-\ Are you serious?

edit: Wait, you're talking about Corai. *self-facepalm*

@ Mr Frog and Asea:
    I am having connection issues, yes, but that's nothing new. I'm working on fixing it.

@ Reudh:
    If you want, I have something Reudh could do... I'll PM you the details.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: January 05, 2013, 09:10:24 am »

You arent the only one. i just went with what looks good on me and happens to be clean. I lucked out with BDU pants actually looking good with what I usually wear I guess.

Ok gents, pick one:

- Parasol's removal from Sewaturet: A pincer attack concerning the necromancer and a militia assault crush the troops that are really only still fighting as a matter of honor before reason (and fear of "termination" by corporate for failing as bad as they have.)
- Removal of invading forces from the nations Joseph has manipulated.

Either way i may take a different route and simply draw the events out with a little bit of info (little however is sort of objective to the reader, i tend to go overboard) simply to hasten this along. I have a plan in mind to get Ballpoint both blissfully unaware of being manipulated into doing what Joseph wants and completely thrown off of him at least for a little while.

Either way I go though I need a little input of which to do first as both events are occurring at the same time.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: January 05, 2013, 04:10:58 pm »

Catten's Journal II: Reinstatement

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: January 05, 2013, 04:17:14 pm »

I don't know why but the mention of the coffee machine and snacks made me giggle.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: January 05, 2013, 04:19:17 pm »

Also, I'd suggest option number two for the choice thing.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: January 05, 2013, 07:08:07 pm »

- Parasol's removal from Sewaturet: A pincer attack concerning the necromancer and a militia assault crush the troops that are really only still fighting as a matter of honor before reason (and fear of "termination" by corporate for failing as bad as they have.)

^ That one ^

Bot Hack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: January 05, 2013, 08:06:46 pm »

Care for a dwarf as well?

I just want a cat nicknamed Spot lol.

I'd appreciate it if he could spend most of his time in the caverns. Are all cavern layers yet connected?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: January 05, 2013, 08:10:11 pm »

No idea, to be honest. I'll work something out.
(Cats, cats... do we have any more cats...)

Bot Hack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: January 05, 2013, 08:39:36 pm »

Thanks for the cat, but I have also been thinking about my own Dwarf, and I would appreciate it if you could take some unlucky male Dwarf and forge him into the ultimate martial arts master like that Jet Li movie where he was caged and forced to fight, though I'm thinking more along the lines of the first Conan movie with Governor Terminator.

If you could find a quiet fungus grove deep down underground to cultivate this Dwarf, I would highly appreciate it. Just do the old, one hole in the ceiling to keep him fed and provide little woodland badgers and such so he can practice.

Call him JC.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: January 05, 2013, 09:37:42 pm »

@Bot Hack:

I don't think most of those demands are really feasible, or that anyone would want to expend the significant amount of resources (labour, planning time, etc.) needed to meet them. You're free to pretend that your dorf's some kind of reclusive martial-arts master, but I don't think it can be implemented in the fortress proper.

I'd urge extreme caution before proceeding to engage in any sort of RP with that character, as well (if that is your intent). It kind of sounds like a classic Marty Stu to me; there's a bunch of traits in there that, while cool, don't make logical sense. The people here are generally pretty chill (excepting myself, of course, but I don't contribute for precisely that reason) and probably won't get on your case if your character does turn out to be a Stu, but it's still very-infuriating to work with such a character and I don't think they should be subjected to that.
     (If you weren't actually planning on RPing with this character, feel free to disregard the above paragraph in its entirety.)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: January 05, 2013, 10:20:31 pm »

@Bot Hack

Are you sure you want a Wrestler in THIS fortress?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: January 05, 2013, 10:28:07 pm »

@Bot Hack

Are you sure you want a Wrestler in THIS fortress?

Wrestlers aren't the pankration experts they were in the days of old, punching mounts out from under enemies... These days they're not more than meatshields.

The best wrestler stands a poor chance vs. any armed foe.

Bot Hack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: January 05, 2013, 11:05:05 pm »

Very well, could you simply block off a portion of the underground that is open to the borders of the map and leave him there to farm his own shit and drink his own booze? Just throw the guy an axe and he's good.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:07:04 pm by Bot Hack »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: January 05, 2013, 11:19:55 pm »

There is no guarantee that would ever work.
I'll let you into the army, if you want.
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 815