Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2190001 times)

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7380 on: January 23, 2013, 04:56:47 am »

I realize I should have said forum board game, not topic.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: January 23, 2013, 05:51:59 am »

We aren't really big on marksmen unless we need them to back our regulars and even then they're all part-timers. But we can still hook you up with a dwarf.

Alright, just sign me up for infantry.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21:27 am »

I just played around with Gizoogle and Spearbreakers.

Quote from: Gangsta Reudh, yo'
Uh... Lokum, remember dat you can go ta any of our asses up in Spearbreakers if you need some muthafucka ta rap to. Fischer may look scary-" n' here Fischer nodded, "but her ass be a funky-ass big-ass softie straight-up

I lol'd. This reminds me strongly of my Memphis childhood. There are a few notable differences, but still.

Because I had to:
Welcome ta Spearbreakers, muthafucka! Da hopeful epic fo' DF2012! WARNING: TEXT BLOCKS TA FOLLOW.

With a cold-ass lil combination of moddin n' decent involvement on tha part of overseers n' tha hood at large, I hope ta forge tha straight-up original gangsta epic of tha freshly smoked up version, ta hopefully be surpassed up in insanitizzle by pimped outer talez fo' tha freshly smoked up version spawned from this. I encourage everyone ta git involved up in some way, muthafucka! Stories, doodles, loco ramblin n' speculation, come on board fo' tha awaitin insanity, muthafucka! Hell, our crazy-ass asses managed ta start a timewar before one overseer gots his wild lil' first proper update up.

There is a fuckin shitload of overseers already lined up, so dat a stable base is up in place fo' mo' ta join on. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Credits ta tha Spearbreakers moddin crew: Mista Muthafuckin Frog (mystery race, testing,) Myself (Splint; Mountain Barbarians, testing) n' Talvieno (Straight-up involved up in testin n' idea contribution) fo' most of what tha fuck was done, n' Hugo_The_Dwarf fo' providin tha stone warhammer n' anvil castin erections.

Before anythang, I'll list specifically what tha fuck was done.
Mista. Muthafuckin. Frog.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:57:31 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #7383 on: January 23, 2013, 07:24:27 am »

Wooo, this is lucky. RL just freed up enough time to do DF. Downside? I've totally not read this thread for like the last 300 pages so I have no idea what the current story or shit is. Anyway, downloading now to see if I can get an idea of what this madhouse is really like.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: January 23, 2013, 07:37:14 am »

Wooo, this is lucky. RL just freed up enough time to do DF. Downside? I've totally not read this thread for like the last 300 pages so I have no idea what the current story or shit is. Anyway, downloading now to see if I can get an idea of what this madhouse is really like.

RUN! RUN YOU FOOL!

Don't get dragged into the madness! SAVE YOURSELF!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: January 23, 2013, 07:41:43 am »

Well, any questions you have I won't hesitate to answer. Don't use phoebus or anything though, as the spikewalk's controls are color coded.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: January 23, 2013, 07:46:47 am »

Things are... different. Likely a lot different. Spearbreakers is almost completely canon now. It started pretty simply: Holy shit, Holistic Spawn! The hospital is the devil! Look, Urist, zombies!

Now we have three multidimensional companies (a scientific corporation, a mercenary coalition, and an idealistic cult) fighting over control of the universe in a cataclysmic timewar, the gods themselves are fighting a battle through portal-induced interdimensional rifts, battlemechs stomp through the woods just out of view, the booze may or may not be spiked, and everyone is heavily medicated to help block out background noise. We've had tender moments involving the enemy, discovered that Spawn retain the souls and conscious minds of their victims, and slowly worked til all of Spearbreakers was above the prejudice of the surrounding world. We've had elven skulkers, human refugees, lords of questionable rank, living automatons made of adamantine, and nightmarish creatures that seem to be at least partially composed of nightmares.
    A small portion of the fort actually belongs to one of the timewar companies, Parasol, while the fortress itself is under frequent attack by hired thugs from Ballpoint, which itself was hired (unknowingly) by Eris, home of Joseph, that Magnificent, Manipulative Bastard/Chessmaster/Big Bad Behind All Big Bads. We've delved into the future and studied the wars that occur in Spearbreaker's (as yet unknown) aftermath, built gigantic cities overnight and torn them down in a day, slaughtering soldiers by the thousands. It's small wonder the past two overseers fled the fortress at the end of their reign.

Also, ninja'd twice, but small surprise. Spearbreakers has ninja'd the Internet itself.

What Splint said. If you have any questions, ask. Also, unlike the Battlefailed series is fond of, try your best not to kill anyone off, if possible. One or two deaths is fine. Jack Magnus has been resurrected twice, and is currently of questionable gender. If a girl, you may call him Maggie.

Oh, and... If you decide to take this on, don't mention Vanya until at least halfway through the year. Or Reudh, if he's still around. Or Tomio. They're all currently away from the fortress, in canon.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:56:42 am by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:10 am »

Hey, it took 2 weeks for Sewaturet to get bombed into a glorified pile of rubble thank you very much.
And that's probably the best summary I've seen yet.

I've also kind of pulled out of a big ol' pile of self doubt and if I can figure out how to move along with my own subplot to throw ballpoint off Eris for a while, i may attempt to finish it.

EDIT: OFF-TOPIC - I am learning how to make maps in Fallout 3. And I'm seriously giving consideration to  making a place with inhabitants themed off of Spearbreakers characters.

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: January 23, 2013, 09:31:35 am »

Do it

oh and can i be dorfed into the mil?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: January 23, 2013, 11:22:12 am »

Thanks, Splint. If you decide to make that map with the Spearbreakers characters, I think that'd probably be sufficient motivation for me to get the game, honestly. I've heard of it, but don't know much about it - how good is it?

And now the next Vanya chapter.

Vanya's Journals, part 52: One Small Truth
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:24:33 am by Talvieno »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:16 pm »

RUN! RUN YOU FOOL!

Don't get dragged into the madness! SAVE YOURSELF!
quotes page pls.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: January 23, 2013, 04:07:42 pm »

@Talvi:

'Mista Muthafuckin' Frog' made my entire day for some reason. (But shouldn't it be 'Mista Muthafuckin. Frog'?)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: January 23, 2013, 04:58:43 pm »

@ Talvi - Pretty damned good. Plus I found a 40k mod that is wonderful once everything is installed.

Pro: Flak armor is incredibly durable, lasguns everywhere.
Con: Turns out, before you find a suit of IG armor, those lasguns the raiders have kind of hurt.

On the upside overall, with those weapons being so common and hitting so hard (harder than their base damage will lead you to believe) you'll be hard pressed to find anything better besides bolters.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: January 23, 2013, 05:52:05 pm »

Maybe I should take a look at this game...

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: January 24, 2013, 09:52:19 am »

@Talvi:

'Mista Muthafuckin' Frog' made my entire day for some reason. (But shouldn't it be 'Mista Muthafuckin. Frog'?)
No... I said it as "Mista. Muthafuckin. Frog." because I was putting a pause after each part. "Mista" is actually "Mister", and you don't usually put a period behind that, and in the same way, "Muthafuckin'" doesn't really get a period either. Maybe there's some grammatical rule I'm neglecting somewhere?
    I think it made your day because it just sounds undeniably awesome. Just a guess, though.

@Aseaheru: You've been nominating quite a few quotes recently. lol    I haven't really put up any rules as to how often you can nominate a quote, though, so, consider it added.

Spoiler: random (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:54:01 am by Talvieno »
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 815