Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2194301 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7425 on: January 27, 2013, 08:17:48 pm »

Wooo, this is lucky. RL just freed up enough time to do DF. Downside? I've totally not read this thread for like the last 300 pages so I have no idea what the current story or shit is. Anyway, downloading now to see if I can get an idea of what this madhouse is really like.

Um, guys? I'm starting to think the madhouse ate NCommander.

E: Oh, dear. He also seems to have a turn at Swordthunders coming up, and we know what that means... Meep.

They already knocked him down one turn due to the curse so yeah. On the other hand yeah I think Spearbreakers may have broken him. It seems to do that to people.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: January 27, 2013, 08:44:35 pm »

Mmmm... I don't seem to be on the dorfing list on the front page...

Anyways, NCommander is probably fine! I strongly doubt that, however.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: January 27, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »

NCommander had it coming, really. Concurrently signing up for two cursed succession games ties with 'cross the streams' and 'steal Fischer's pie' for the #1 spot on Mr Frog's List of Things To Never, Ever Do.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: January 27, 2013, 10:35:50 pm »

I'm surprised you need to write "steal Fischer's pie" on that list. That should be genetically inherent.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: January 28, 2013, 03:04:30 am »

I'm surprised you need to write "steal Fischer's pie" on that list. That should be genetically inherent.
That seems a bit unwieldy of a word what about something for simple and right like instinctive.
NCommander had it coming, really. Concurrently signing up for two cursed succession games ties with 'cross the streams' and 'steal Fischer's pie' for the #1 spot on Mr Frog's List of Things To Never, Ever Do.

I have to agree though it was suicide the curse but the sheer insanity of spearbreakers put together has to be possibly the stupidest thing ever... great now that has to be done somehow I don't care if somebody has to rewrite a huge chunk of the games code to make putting two fortresses together (against eachother) possib;e it has to be done. That or fanfiction about the great war. (this goes without saying but swordthunders would lose) yes I'm being ridiculously stupid I DON'T CARE I'M HALF ASLEEP!
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: January 28, 2013, 03:06:45 am »

great now that has to be done somehow I don't care if somebody has to rewrite a huge chunk of the games code to make putting two fortresses together (against eachother) possib;e it has to be done. That or fanfiction about the great war. (this goes without saying but swordthunders would lose) yes I'm being ridiculously stupid I DON'T CARE I'M HALF ASLEEP!

Any takers? No? Shall I, Zacen?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: January 28, 2013, 04:38:13 am »

Just woke up, can someone fill me in on the conversation?

Also: Who the hell has so little a survival instinct that they'd try to steal anything belonging to Fischer? Even Spawn know better than that and they may as well be non-shooty tyranids half of the time.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: January 28, 2013, 04:41:06 am »

Sudden war between Spearbreakers and Swordthunders. Researching the latter now.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: January 28, 2013, 04:59:03 am »

I think Spearbreakers would win. Swordthunders.... I can only say that they're onlt where they are by virtue of goblins being too stupid to bust the doors down. Or survive being blasted with a low grade water-based WMD.

In a dwarf to dwarf fight, Spearbreakers has higher quality soldiers and probably as a whole outnumbers them by a minimum of 3:1.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: January 28, 2013, 05:00:07 am »

BUT! Who's to say Swordthunders hasn't been... making friends?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: January 28, 2013, 05:10:34 am »

Oh hell no, I'm not sending our troops against demons made of actual organs and such.

Swordthunders wants a fight, both parties would have to go to neutral ground. Like a forest retreat (that would of course be destroyed in the crossfire! :D)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: January 28, 2013, 01:14:53 pm »

Swordthunders wants a fight, both parties would have to go to neutral ground. Like an elven glade (that would of course be destroyed in the crossfire! :D)

FTFY

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: January 28, 2013, 01:55:56 pm »

Why the hell would they fight in an open field? That makes it less likely that elves will get torched in thier stupid tree houses.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: January 28, 2013, 03:54:42 pm »

Swordthunders wants a fight, both parties would have to go to neutral ground. Like an elven glade (that would of course be destroyed in the crossLAVA! :D)

FTFY
FTFY
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: January 28, 2013, 05:35:24 pm »

Howsabout a battle on the ruins of Syrupleaf?

Oh, wait.
Posting to watch.
Anyone on this end mind a fanfiction war between Spearbreakers and Swordthunders?

I'd prefer the fort stand alone really.  A singular bastion of madness and depravity unlike no other.  And considering the typical fortress, that's saying something.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 815