Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2179031 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7440 on: January 28, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »

Why the hell would they fight in an open field? That makes it less likely that elves will get torched in thier stupid tree houses.

Because I couldn't remember what elven cities are called on the map.  Now that I can check the wiki again (sister was hogging all the internet bandwidth we have at the time) I know that I should have left it retreat as it was instead of changing it to glade.

Edit: In a fit of irony, I forgot to type the word remember.  Fixed now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:10:50 pm by soulslicerjames »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: January 29, 2013, 05:37:18 am »

I'm actually doing just fiD̷̛̙͈͚̼̻̣̪̹̞̂͆ͣ̎͑̃̃̄̆̀́͟Ȩ̵̷̵̦̟͉͔̺͕̖̞̞̺͔͕̝̗͇̣̥̘ͭ̍ͮͧͯ̆͗͗̈́ͭͭ̾̚͠H̛͚͓̗̙͈̘̲̘̥͎͈̙͈̹͍͎͊ͣ́ͬ͐̍̑̓ͭ̊̍͛͌̃̒̑́ͬ̃̀Ų̠̩̰͈̭̩͚̲̲̘̦̳ͥ͌ͥ͐ͪ͗̍̿ͪM̡̲̖̻̫̠̫̫̗̯̦͇̱̻̼̅̔ͤͯ̆ͯ͗ͤ̌̽́͂̓ͅA̴̫͙͚͍̖̗̻̭̝̼̼͉͈̝̮͚̎̓ͭ͛ͩ̿̀͒̐͑̿̈́N̸̷̥͈͙̯̼͔̲͓̱̗̩̖̣͒̉͌͋͂̾ͧ̈̽̈́ͤ͂̓́ͅI̶͎͚͕̘̱͓̗̞̳͓͚ͯͤ͑̏ͬ̽̐ͨ͗ͩ͑̈́͟ͅZ͛̄̃͐̂͗ͨ͏̬̠̞͍̣̟̲̞̺̰͍̞̮͘ͅE̩͈̩̤͎̳͔̞͖̬ͩ̍̂͋͆ͤ̐ͩ̾ͪ͟͠͝ ̨̡̫̼̠̖̰ͪͭ̄̇͛̍͞Yͯ͌͛͒ͫ̊̊ͣ̅̓̀ͪͣ͗̈̓́͋҉̱͖̱̻̣̗͙͉͎͟͠O̡̩̼͈̬͉ͭͦ͑ͩ̈͆̚͝Ų̛̳̪̼̺̲̱̫̫͕̪̣̞̽̑̌̑ͤ͊̍́ͦ̊ͨ͢͡Ṟ̭̪͎̖͔̲̟̫̜̰͊̅̋͌ͨ̌̓͝S̴̛͓̩̙͈̣̪̝̺̩̠̉͐̓͆̎̋̾̀̚͢͢ͅȨ̴͖̦͔̪̲̘̣̘̼͈͕̗͕͉̄̃ͭ̒̐̄ͥͨ͌ͯͬ̆̅̑ͤͧ͒̚̚L̛ͮ͛ͯ̇͗ͬ̂͊̿ͬ̑̀͐͌̐͛́͠͞҉̫̳̻̼̤̲̣̻̱͙͓̼F̡̧̛̠̳̪͎̠̼̟̞̠͒ͪ̊̽͘ ̵̸ͬ̄̍́̚͠҉͙̯͉̬̬͖̬̟̘̟̘̗͔̝͕̫͍ͅÁ̴̛͆ͣͮ̏̃͒ͮ̐ͫ́́ͪ̋҉̸͙̫̰̘̭̖̖N̶̵̡̽̉̊̓̅͛̅ͦ̈ͬ̚̚҉̻̠̼̥̯͍͕͔̞͙̤̬̤D̶͈̥͍̗̦̘̙̘ͭ͗ͫ͒͐̕ͅ ̶̸̈ͩͭ̿̄ͪ̄̔ͭ͗҉̭̣̟̣͎̞̥̯̻̗F̡̨͎͎̩̭͔͓͖̪̽͆̋̂͂ͬ̊͋̕̕Ą̠͕̻̭͍̺̹̪͉̗̳̠̗̮͔̲̯̈́ͧͦ̐̉͛͂̔̓͛ͨ̑̾̄̋͂̚͝Ç̝̯͕̰̝̘̮̺̝̠̜̿̈ͧ̂̾́̔͋̉͑̓̃͊̅̓̒ͣ̑͒͜͠ͅĘ̴̛̛̬̭̫̟͗ͭ͗ͩ̈͛ͤ̚̕ ͙̰̦̥͙̭̳̰͕̝͉̑͛͒̑̎͒͌̐̒ͮ̿͘͟T̎̾̊ͧͯ͌̔͆ͮ̀̈́̈̅̉̑ͭ̆̀̚͏͈̱̞͍̟̗̮̲̹̻̲̥͇̮̼̜̤̘͚O̢̡͖̟̙̝͔̪̭͇̗̱̥͕̱̪ͯ̿ͤ̏ͣ̍̈́̔͛̏̉̋̐̅ͧ̀ͥ̐ͮ͡ ̛́ͩ̇̉ͪ̄̿̾ͤͪͫ̈́͐́҉̷̣̻̗̭̼̫̣͍͖̮̬̲̹͖͈̖B̸̫̰̳͇͚̫̰̭̺ͫ̃ͯͧ̏̽̏ͦ̇͛͟ͅͅĽ̨̉͊̈ͬͫͮ͑ͯ͗̑ͨͦ̐͠҉̵̛̞̣̠̝̫͔̞̭̰̜̭͎̬O̶̘͓͖̞ͨ̀ͦͧ́͠Ô̶̴̢̺͈̪̜͔͇̩̩̼̯̦̲͈͎̙̻̖̻̓ͬ̅ͥ͜͜Ḑ̓̌͒̍̃͋̈͊̅̄̊̚҉̼̙̭̹̘͓͙̙̪̤̗̭̕̕ͅŞ̸̢̝̰̹͖͎͔̜̼̘̲͎̜͔̙̲̟ͧͧ͆̐ͫ͗͋͗͌H͔͕̭̜͊͐̊ͤ̾͆͂͌̈̚̚͟E̸ͧͭ͐͗̔̀͂̒ͪ̄ͦ̚͏̠̝͔Ḓ̢̞̝͙̻̔̔ͦͣͧͩ̇̉ͯ͗ͩ̃͛͆ͪ͐ͫ̚

When i read your name i miss read bay watcher as baby watcher......

i dont know why his is relevant but hey.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:17:11 am by kahn1234 »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: January 30, 2013, 01:40:52 am »

I don't think we should count on NCommander coming back anytime soon. Maybe skip him?

I think Spearbreakers II should have a limit of 6 reserved turns at a time. A lot of succession forts I've seen end up bogging down halfway through under a flood of people who signed up on an impulse months prior and had since become busy, lost the urge to play, or vanished outright, yet are still given 2 days to respond just in case.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: January 30, 2013, 01:47:21 am »

Yeah.... Any takers then? because he was a little abrupt with the disappearance.

EDIT: New poll up, I feel it needed due to the disturbing trend of skips and disappearances.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: January 30, 2013, 02:48:17 am »

My apologies to everyone who has not had a turn, but I agree with turn reorganisation.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: January 30, 2013, 07:31:26 am »

Sorry for the abrupt disappearance... I guess you could say I'm back. And welcome back, Jack Magnus. We'd been wondering where you went.

About backstory: Definitely, definitely backstory first. I have a backstory for almost every single one of my characters... even characters that only appear just briefly and then never show up again. I usually do it in this order:
1. Decide what I want the character to do
2. Come up with a backstory that realistically allows him to do it
3. Expand the backstory to develop his personality and give him little quirks
4. Write him in when I get to it

For example, Lydena, who only showed up in a single chapter:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sudden war between Spearbreakers and Swordthunders. Researching the latter now.
Why would they go to war? I'm confused... Are they even in the same universe? This is one of those ideas I'm iffy about, and I'm a little glad ThatAussieGuy vetoed it. Spearbreakers itself may not stand alone, but at least it's in its own universe.

My apologies to everyone who has not had a turn, but I agree with turn reorganisation.
Agreed. I didn't like skipping Lolfail, but a reorganization is necessary.

Story post soonish. Sorry again for the huge delay.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:41:23 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: January 30, 2013, 10:42:30 am »

Shameless second post for bumping purposes. I'm currently working on the rough draft of 57, so there's more where this came from. I'll try to keep them coming at a more regular pace.

Vanya's Journals, Chapter 53: An Unexpected Visit

edit: also, Notepad++ is boss.

reedit:
Go for it. Works perfectly with absolutely everything.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:11:12 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: January 30, 2013, 04:15:04 pm »

Ah, a good read to greet me from my poorly timed nap. Lovely.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #7448 on: January 30, 2013, 04:50:24 pm »

I think I'm going to have to ask to be skipped. I've had no time to catch up on the narrative and shit, and while I can probably find time to play my year out, I doubt it will mess well with what's already written.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: January 30, 2013, 05:21:52 pm »

Talvi; something you might find interesting/amusing; when I was three a drunken hairdresser cut the tip of my right ear off. :P

Just the very tip, so it healed pretty quickly, but I remember that it freakin' hurt. Still got a scar there, and a gap in the cartilage.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: January 30, 2013, 06:00:44 pm »

I think I'm going to have to ask to be skipped. I've had no time to catch up on the narrative and shit, and while I can probably find time to play my year out, I doubt it will mess well with what's already written.

If you'd rather not go then that's alright. Since reorganization seems demanded, you can apply for a turn when you have the time and you're all caught up.

EDIT: I would like to ask if anyone objects to my taking the helm to get us moving again, despite how short a time it's been. I only ask due to recent mixes of RL issues, technical failures, and disappearances constantly interrupting our turn list.

My computer can stomach the load, and as I have no pressing matters besides homework to do, I humnbly ask of you, the citizens of Spearbreakers, let me take charge once more. For the sake of progress.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: January 30, 2013, 07:29:30 pm »

Sudden war between Spearbreakers and Swordthunders. Researching the latter now.
Why would they go to war? I'm confused... Are they even in the same universe? This is one of those ideas I'm iffy about, and I'm a little glad ThatAussieGuy vetoed it. Spearbreakers itself may not stand alone, but at least it's in its own universe.

Goddamnit it was a joke I commented on NCommander being crazy enough to sign up for both Spearbreakers and Swordthunders at the same time and getting both his turns at (give or take) the same time. Doesn't help that as I said in that post that I was half asleep and probably made it sound more serious than I intended.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: January 30, 2013, 07:38:26 pm »

EDIT: I would like to ask if anyone objects to my taking the helm to get us moving again, despite how short a time it's been. I only ask due to recent mixes of RL issues, technical failures, and disappearances constantly interrupting our turn list.

My computer can stomach the load, and as I have no pressing matters besides homework to do, I humnbly ask of you, the citizens of Spearbreakers, let me take charge once more. For the sake of progress.

If it means progress with the fort itself, I'd be willing to start sacrificing virgins.  So yeah, I at least vote go right ahead.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: January 30, 2013, 08:00:44 pm »

If it means progress with the fort itself, I'd be willing to start sacrificing virgins.

Nominated
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: January 30, 2013, 08:11:20 pm »

If it means progress with the fort itself, I'd be willing to start sacrificing virgins.

Nominated
+1

Oh, and my comp can handle it too. i just am scared of trying to post images anywhere but tumblr.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 815