Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178207 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7590 on: February 09, 2013, 11:23:53 pm »

I was more thinking pasturable pets that are intelligent and have their own language.

Quote from: Hypothetical Jackborgs
"Jackmag Nusjack, Jackborg Prime. A dwarf-like-robot that defends its masters valiantly. It is said the Jackborgs were first designed in the ancient fort of Spearbreakers, where a master axelord called Jack Magnus died in combat, but was resurrected as a cyborg by scientists unknown."

Their language just has to be all different variations of Jack and Magnus. I might fire one up now using Talvi's DFlang.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: February 09, 2013, 11:57:01 pm »

I was more thinking pasturable pets that are intelligent and have their own language.

Quote from: Hypothetical Jackborgs
"Jackmag Nusjack, Jackborg Prime. A dwarf-like-robot that defends its masters valiantly. It is said the Jackborgs were first designed in the ancient fort of Spearbreakers, where a master axelord called Jack Magnus died in combat, but was resurrected as a cyborg by scientists unknown."

Their language just has to be all different variations of Jack and Magnus. I might fire one up now using Talvi's DFlang.

Fair enough but you know you want to see the military caste be a bunch of axe wielding Jack cyborgs. (I accept what you want but I can't get that mental image out of my head now) Edit: Also will spearbreakers 2 be far into the future? Like far enough for the dwarves to have some real tech?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:59:28 pm by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: February 10, 2013, 12:09:01 am »

Jackborgs sound !!FUN!!

Is there a way to make their actual hands... dextrous axe blades?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: February 10, 2013, 12:47:36 am »

I support either one.

Jackborg: A combat drone built by dwarves and made either from fallen soldiers or generally any dead humanoids with an axe blade replacing one hand.

Jackborg Alpha: Made from a near dead or recently killed dwarven soldier (This would be a caste of dorf.) Superior to their basic brethren in that they retain their memories and don't have weapon grafts, allowing them to use whatever may be at hand or issued to them.

Both would be very tough.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: February 10, 2013, 01:14:30 am »

While we're on the subject, what other entities, wildlife, items etc are wanted for Lokumokab Nob?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: February 10, 2013, 01:35:38 am »

If I remember correctly, Scythod were a definite yes, but not necessarily evil or friendly.

Spawn I think was a yes. Especially if we get FS-00 breed Spawn instead of HS-01. (FS-00 is the prototype spawn based upon Fischer's cells, if I remember right. Much more powerful, and its right arm is a pike embedded into its flesh, or rather, a claw that strongly resembles a pike. HS-01 is based on Holistic's cells, and is an advance from the HS-00, which were in Syrupleaf and could not transfer the curse.)

Jackborgs could be made in a similar way to the golems in Masterwork, if we could figure out a way to do it without it being simply overpowered and also not copying the way Meph did it. Alternatively, they could merely be [common_domestic] and be purchasable from our home civ, which could be advanced since Spearbreakers due to Parasol and Ballpoint influence.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: February 10, 2013, 01:39:58 am »

What of weaponry and armour? I'm not saying bolt-action laser rifles with invisibility disruptors, but more like... clockwork poleaxes. Hyperdense metals used in advanced weaponsmithing. Accurate crossbows. That sort of thing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: February 10, 2013, 01:50:01 am »

Antagonists
-Stranded megacorp troops (Parasol and Ballpoint)
-Casted Spawn (To show how they're evolving; Artisans and such)
-Various weaker fort defense races
-Spawn of Fischer that escaped into the wild
-Scythod
-Possibly manamaids?

Allies
-Possibly manamaids again
-Gnomes akin to Mr Frog, a commercial race, probably with ambiguous morals.
-Sewats (Humans of Sewaturet, to represent it's growing power towards what it is becomes in the story)

Animals/Semi-megabeasts
-Megaspawn

Plants
-Unknown

Weapons
-Crude but powerful railguns (Think a crap version that had to trade rate of fire for raw power to make up for limited production.)
-Serrated disc launcher, based on Mr Frog's prototype. Ammo stacks weigh a shitload though (these work wonderfully and can take a white tigerman's leg off  with a badly aimed shot.)
-Mechanism and chainsaw weapons replacing standard ones for dwarves.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: February 10, 2013, 01:55:03 am »

Animals/Semi-megabeasts
-Megaspawn

Fuck.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: February 10, 2013, 02:11:53 am »

Spearbreakers 2 sounds like the best thing ever. So how much longer do you think Spearbreakers will last? It almost feels impenetrable right now if you wanted it to be (but that's no fun), and seriously Megaspawn how much larger are they than normal spawn? Also I support having both forms of Jackborgs
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: February 10, 2013, 02:13:46 am »

Megaspawn I would imagine would be larger than giants at least.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: February 10, 2013, 02:18:41 am »

If we do set up castes for our dwarves, we could make it so certain castes are affected by the bite differently. A very rare caste when infected could turn into a Megaspawn.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: February 10, 2013, 02:39:36 am »

If we do set up castes for our dwarves, we could make it so certain castes are affected by the bite differently. A very rare caste when infected could turn into a Megaspawn.

Fuck.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51:30 am »

That's going to make your life hell to write all that won't it? That or are you angry you didn't think of it first. Edit: Though that doesn't seem like you.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: February 10, 2013, 10:29:33 am »

Hey, sorry I disappeared. I've been having some personal problems, but I hope they're largely sorted out now. Yeah, Scythod aren't necessarily good/evil. There's also the seqiv, which I haven't been able to find a way to work in without the whole story sounding like Alice in Wonderland. Seqiv are awesome, though.

Gnomes would be magical in canon, even if they don't have anything resembling a magic system ingame.

Mechanical hands are possible, but would be difficult to implement properly. I'm all for Jackborgs, though. And possibly ferric elves. Ooh, and one more: I'm not totally sure precisely how Vanya's story will end, but if she winds up with either Urist or Reudh, and they have kids, things will be strange. We'll have Dwelfs. I think they live in mushroom tree forts.

Fuck.

Holy shit.

Oh, and don't forget the Spawn of Fischer. That pic, and the story behind it, was badass.

I'd love for manamaids to be an endgame kind of thing... You hear about them here and there through the thread, but they're almost danced around as a sort of forbidden topic (the original topic, Santa getting it on with mermaids and a manatee, was kind of out there, anyway). I'm of the opinion they shouldn't be common by any means, and hopefully only show up once everything else has been encountered, as a sort of, "OH CRAP, WHAT'S THE MULTIVERSE THROWN AT US THIS TIME".

One other possible civ: Eris cultists. Joseph will be gone, but I doubt his fanatical followers will simply abandon the path... that's rarely the way these things play out in the history books. Death tends to spur causes on instead of extinguish them. Take Socrates, for example. His ideas and death brought about an incredible change in Ancient Greece.

V's story: I may get something out today, but no promises. I haven't felt like writing for a while.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 815