Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178352 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8460 on: May 08, 2013, 10:47:22 am »

Reudh's awesomeness has always been infinite... and yet it can still become even more infinite? Hmm... *shrugs* It makes sense, I guess. It is Reudh, after all.
At this point, the most immediate problem I face is sheer continuity lockout. Talvi, in keeping with his general tendency to be awesome, was nice enough to put all his stories in one spot, but nobody else really was.
I'm not awesome. lol    I'm the one that disappears at random for days at a time, like I did just now. As to stories... I still need to keep working on the Vanya story, but I'm having difficulty finding time. I always put six to twelve hours into each chapter, and with my current schedule that's a bit of a problem.

As to you writing, Mr Frog, if you send it my way I'll try to check it for continuity issues. Then again, you know my issue with PM promptness... so that might not be as appealing as it would otherwise be. Even so, I would give it a try. If you want to look through the separate stories, though, there's a link in the second post to the archives I put up. It's nearing the 40k limit, though, and I'm not sure what I'll do with it after that... maybe make another post and split it in half.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: May 08, 2013, 10:55:42 am »

Reudh's awesomeness has always been infinite... and yet it can still become even more infinite? Hmm... *shrugs* It makes sense, I guess. It is Reudh, after all.

EEEEEH! Yay! That just made my day.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: May 08, 2013, 05:22:32 pm »

EEEEEH! Yay! That just made my day.
Well, if you take infinity to be real integer that is constantly increasing by itself at a rate of itself, infinity can get bigger.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: May 08, 2013, 05:40:35 pm »

Hm. If Black Holes are where god divided by zero, are white holes where he divided by infinity?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: May 08, 2013, 05:44:57 pm »

A division by infinity is represented by a rounded bracket, or an open circle.
White holes are a division by negative zero

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: May 08, 2013, 05:46:13 pm »

Well there's my mindfuck for the day.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: May 08, 2013, 06:39:08 pm »

A division by infinity is represented by a rounded bracket, or an open circle.
White holes are a division by negative zero
Well there's my mindfuck for the day.
Sig'd

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: May 08, 2013, 10:26:39 pm »

Guess what guys! After going through my old folders and shitcanning all the old projects I know I'll never finish, I have a present for you guys.

Might not be what you guys had in mind, but this is something I was sitting on for months half finished and I finished this in 45 minutes and am proud of myself.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: May 09, 2013, 01:17:26 am »

Neat-o, Splint.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: May 11, 2013, 04:19:28 am »

So. We seem to be at the start of a rather concerning shortage of decent soldiers and can't spare workers to replace them, because, well... Seem gastot's emissions were indeed very fatal guys. Spoiler for next update.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: May 11, 2013, 04:38:59 am »

So. We seem to be at the start of a rather concerning shortage of decent soldiers and can't spare workers to replace them, because, well... Seem gastot's emissions were indeed very fatal guys. Spoiler for next update.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wait... how fatal... EXACTLY?
I have nine dwarves I need to protect! Eight may not exist yet, I don't know!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: May 11, 2013, 04:41:19 am »

He was dead within two in-game days fatal. Thankfully he was the only one exposed and it was presumably inhaled.

EDIT: You guys get a micro update due to the sad news when I wake up.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: May 11, 2013, 05:59:11 am »

Oh good god, not Awl! He's one of the top soldiers in the fort, one of Fischer's squad, and not far behind Dauros, Draig and Fischer herself in terms of strength.

Awl ripped a Mountain Barbarian in two, just about.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: May 11, 2013, 07:09:47 am »

I look forward to this... episode.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: May 11, 2013, 02:01:02 pm »

27th Sandstone, 210

We will go migrantless this year it seems. We also seem to have a guest according to the strange machines these Parasol types  brought. I've sent Awl to eliminate it, as I don't want to risk Dauros, though i didn't tell him that was the reason. According to their machines, it may exude some kind of toxins, and we can't afford to lose another champion.

Oh, and another stupid bird flew in and is now minus a leg and in a puddle of blood witha guard dog chewing on it.

28th Sandstone, 210

Awl confronted the monster today, and according to the crew sent to drag the remains up it had its shell fractured in several places, both fangs cracked open, punctures along its upper half and one particularly deep wound that i guess hit the heart since it was described as "bleeding more profusely than the rest." I decided to have a look and the thing was still leaking blood out of its... Well, everything. There were three deep punctures in the top of its head too, so that's probably where the death blow was dealt.

Strangely he said it only seemed to choke itself on its fumes. Not sure what to make of that but if he develops anything strange we'll know in a few weeks hopefully.

2nd Timber, 210

Apparently he did develop something. Marmot was roaming around on patrol, making sure Skulkers weren't rummaging throught he soldiers things and found Awl dead in bed. The Parasol folk did an autopsy and apparently it was total nervous system failure. In that his spinal tissue had "Rotted to smelly gunk" failure. Also vomiting.

[Yeah I have no clue how he actually died, but Gostat was the culprit. Someone found him at the bottom of the hell stairs dead shortly after the battle. I know it also involved vomitting.]

7th Timber, 210

We've caught us a Rutherer! Yay! Whoopdee fucking do.You know what, I'm done writing journals unless something actually important happens. Oh, and note to self, send Corai a barrel of booze to calm his nerves. Apparently a Rutherer tried to kill him.

Told you it'd be really short.
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 815