Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178266 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8775 on: July 13, 2013, 06:35:34 am »

Both Splint and Tomio will have their own private rooms, and those rooms will be decorated with statues of manamaids.  May god have mercy on your souls, for I sure won't.

Now THAT is pure, seething evil.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: July 13, 2013, 08:53:32 am »

Agreed. Even evil has standards James. And that is beyond said standards.

We're so proud of you! *sheds a happy tear*

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: July 13, 2013, 11:14:43 am »

Both Splint and Tomio will have their own private rooms, and those rooms will be decorated with statues of manamaids.  May god have mercy on your souls, for I sure won't.

If I get a turn, I'll cage a few of them. You can have your own private show *wink wink*.

Remember, brain bleach is still available, as well as Lolfail's brain removal (I hope)!
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: July 13, 2013, 06:07:53 pm »

I was reading the "Ask Littlepip" tumblr (in my defense, I was linked there from the author's Fallout bug-fix pack page) when I came upon something that sounds like what Mr Frog would say;
In the unlikely event anyone from my world is reading this now, the paradox prevention routines will auto-censor it anyways.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: July 13, 2013, 06:26:13 pm »

HEY. YOU. EXTRADIMENSIONAL REJECT. WHERE IS WRITE-UP.

Just kidding but seriously. We've been kinda sitting on our asses here waiting for that write-up.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: July 13, 2013, 10:26:26 pm »

Manamaids aren't trapavoid. However, due to SSJ's last posts, I am strongly tempted to add this... However, I will not. Just for fun.

As an example of just how horrifying manamaids are, their grotesque nature is rated not G, not PG, not PG-13, but R, if not higher. I finally got my test fortress #3 to get manamaid thieves to come visit... and I lost 15 dwarves just from that. Not miners. Not military. Babies and children that bled to death from their eyes. Is it possible manamaids are too grotesque?

Also, I added a 1 in 10 chance that any given Holistic Spawn will be a traditional Spawn of Holistic from Syrupleaf. I feel bad about it, though... and there's a good reason for that.
    (By the way, the original raws for the Holistic Spawn were almost impossible to find. I spent hours searching for them - everything in Syrupleaf was uploaded to megaupload or rapidshare, and there was no way to download them anymore. I finally found a save file that someone had put up - it was modded, but it had the original Spawn of Holistic. I was overjoyed. We now have a single creature with four castes - two male, two female - that can either be a Spearbreaker Holistic Spawn or a Syrupleaf Spawn of Holistic.)
    The reason I feel bad about adding the chance for tradition Spawn of Holistic is simple. I made a test in arena mode. On one side, I set 500 (yes, five hundred) Spearbreakers spawn in team 1. On the other, I set 500 Syrupleaf spawn in team 2. The outcome was very definite:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
    To balance it out, I'm adding a chance for any given spawn to be a Spawn of Fischer. I imagine it'll be devastating.

edit: Am I going to have to mod in brain bleach now? :\

reedit: Splint, I've obtained permission from Darkflagrance to use the Ferric Elves from his mod in the Spearbreakers II mod. I'm sure you'll be pretty pleased to hear that.

tri-edit: The wild holistic spawn that roam evil biomes? They could be potentially tamed as pets, if I remove the trapavoid tag. Who'd find that Fun?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:25:44 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: July 14, 2013, 01:42:08 am »

Now that this thread isn't dying, how about we file what I posted the other day under "let us never speak of this again?"

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: July 14, 2013, 02:42:54 am »

If I get a turn, I'll cage a few of them. You can have your own private show *wink wink*.

Remember, brain bleach is still available, as well as Lolfail's brain removal (I hope)!

Don't worry, if I'm not around, speak to my associate.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: July 14, 2013, 05:21:05 am »

The fact you were even able to find a copy of a Syrupleaf save is amazing Talvieno. And really I have to think the one and only absolutely true advantage of the SB Spawn is their immunity to headshots, which... Well quite frankly while a challenge I have to admit over time I've grown to dislike, if only because monster or not how they can keep chomping and clawing with the the organ responsible for silly things like moving around having been completely perforated by pointy sticks and axes on top of crappy targeting on the AI's part (due to it preferring headshots on anything because that's supposed to be fatal.)

I figured that the main advantage the old spawn had was the fact they could trance, their raw speed, and the fact that I don't think there was ever mention of one giving in to pain (even nausea and having the wind knocked out of them didn't seem to slow them down much.) Hmm. Now I feel the need to see how well the SB spawn would do without their headshot immunity against Old Spawn.

And now Old Spawn, the monster equivalent of Old Spice.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: July 14, 2013, 05:46:19 am »

OLD SPAWN BOOZER BUSTING BODYWASH

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: July 14, 2013, 05:57:58 am »

.___.-
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: July 15, 2013, 05:21:11 pm »

Finished up Lord Hathur Tammunique's image, sort of:

I would have added proper shading, but I've decided that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing as far as shading goes and so it's best that I just not go there for the time being.

E: Huh, looks like I accidentally left the outlines black (I usually colour them a dark grey to soften them). Not sure if it's a bad or a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:23:32 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: July 15, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

You have done well good Sir Frog. He looks as much of a douche as I thought he would.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: July 15, 2013, 07:46:33 pm »

Finished up Lord Hathur Tammunique's image, sort of:

I would have added proper shading, but I've decided that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing as far as shading goes and so it's best that I just not go there for the time being.

E: Huh, looks like I accidentally left the outlines black (I usually colour them a dark grey to soften them). Not sure if it's a bad or a good thing.

Either way, it looks amazing, Mr Frog!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: July 15, 2013, 11:52:09 pm »

Hmm... I apologise for being a brat here, Reudh, but excessive praise without any criticism makes me uncomfortable. I appreciate your intent, though, and if you're not comfortable giving criticism (or don't have any specific advice to give) I'm cool with it.

E: Bit of an addendum... I'm seriously considering a career in graphic design/illustration, if only because it's the only profession I've ever displayed even a shred of natural aptitude for (I'm aware that I'm not nearly that good yet, but there are courses in my general area I hopefully can take for that). To that end, even the dodgiest bit of critique/advice regarding my artwork would be greatly-appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:20:51 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 815