Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2189957 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8940 on: August 15, 2013, 10:57:29 pm »

VASTWOOD ZENDIKON EVERYTHING

...ahem. Yes, it could be fun. Would be nice to turn them into traps for spawn.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: August 15, 2013, 11:05:58 pm »

Spawn crushed under trees. The elves wouldn't know if they should hate or praise the dwarves for that.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: August 16, 2013, 08:52:26 am »

It depends on if the spawn turn the trees into treespawn.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: August 16, 2013, 09:54:31 am »

This baffles me.

I see what you did there :)

I used to keep up with this, but I drifted away shortly after the first version of the .pdf went up. I'm back to the game and community in general with this shiny new account and was very surprised to see Spearbreakers is still consistently on the front page. Now, did the Vanya story keep going much longer after that? I didn't see a link in the OP.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: August 16, 2013, 10:46:45 am »

I has its own thread and I just flat forgot to link it. It's actually still ongoing, but Talvieno has been having severe connection issues.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: August 16, 2013, 10:54:25 am »

I just found it...

I have some reading to do.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: August 16, 2013, 12:29:20 pm »

Have fun and good luck.

So an OOC Update, it is now late summer and I am expecting a human siege any day now and the FB traps are in place. Hopefully the  dumb brutes will be too dense to realize there's a roof ready to drop on their heads when they rip the copper support beams out.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: August 16, 2013, 10:36:03 pm »

DAMN IT! Why did Splint start have to start playing when I didn't have internet (technically I still don't and won't have for a while) regardless I enjoyed everything you wrote Splint (although that's late as hell still have to say it anyways).
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: August 16, 2013, 10:52:27 pm »

Because Raptor jesus doesn't love you that's why.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: August 17, 2013, 01:54:57 pm »

Oh I knew that years ago let's just say that in RL my luck (namely all of it bad) has become the butt of many many joke by my friends, family and myself for being so horrendously bad. One great example is on more than one occasion I have started to show somebody something on the game they were playing (they asked because I was more familiar with the game) and after about 5 minutes it managed to crash (of no fault of my own I might add and all my friends agreed on that point) despite the fact that it had worked for about 3 hours beforehand and that is the least stupid and possibly most inane story about my bad luck I have. The actual bad luck I've had you probably wouldn't believe so I'm not going to tell.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: August 17, 2013, 02:02:07 pm »

Well I may need to start over as I needed to reformat my external drive where I keep all my DF stuff, among other things. With luck I may be able to recover the data but otherwise all is lost and I'll need to start over.

EDIT: The drive is no longer viable so I have to redownload my save from DFFD and a new copy of DF. This sucks, but oh well. What can ya do about it right?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: August 17, 2013, 04:40:10 pm »

So I understand this is slated to be the last year of the fort? I am seriously looking forward to whatever happens, as well as even the vaguest possibility of SB2: Timewar Boogaloo. Because seriously, basically everything in this thread is novel quality, with just the right amount of pure, uncut crazy for flavor.

@Splint, sucks about the external drive, mine crapped out on me recently as well. So many hours of Falling Skies lost :(

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: August 17, 2013, 04:49:58 pm »

So I understand this is slated to be the last year of the fort? I am seriously looking forward to whatever happens, as well as even the vaguest possibility of SB2: Timewar Boogaloo. Because seriously, basically everything in this thread is novel quality, with just the right amount of pure, uncut crazy for flavor.
Why thank you! And I just downloaded the protomod from Talvieno (been sitting on it for a while.) And... Well there's things that appear to be equal parts hilarious and utterly horrifying contained ther-in to imagine.

@Splint, sucks about the external drive, mine crapped out on me recently as well. So many hours of Falling Skies lost :(
It's frustrating as all hell. Plus I know damn well we have a relatively new 2 terabyte one in here that has gone unused and  I am barred from making use of it. Plus I have a ton of personal mods lost that I need to redo to the best of my abilities.

Oh well, the reboot will commence late in the week. My Motherboard will be here either in the next hour or Monday and from there I have another commitment.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: August 17, 2013, 09:32:47 pm »

Spearbreakers II.

My bodies are ready.

BRING ON THE INSANITY!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: August 17, 2013, 09:42:02 pm »

awww... I wanted big trees...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 815