Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178424 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9540 on: November 13, 2013, 04:55:55 pm »

@Mr Frog:

Are yoiu having touble making things out due to how light the lines are? If it is the size, click the image- it'll take you to tnypic, where you can click something along the lines of "see full image" to make things easier...

@Spearbreakers Community & Fanbase

Is there a way to upload the image in a decent size? Do not turn into derail, please.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9541 on: November 13, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »

Scan it, upload to deviant art at original size? Its what I did.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: November 13, 2013, 05:36:43 pm »

Are yoiu having touble making things out due to how light the lines are?

More because of the quality of the image than anything else. The lines are dark enough to provide contrast, it's just that the image itself is a touch blurry.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: November 13, 2013, 06:03:16 pm »

That may be because I used my Ipads camera to get that on...

...my lack of scanner is my mortal weakness.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: November 13, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »

meh, not to bad, considering you at least can go dwarfing around, me i have to wait one more week before i can "practice" my overseering skills.

hopefully i will have !!MUCH FUN!!.

other then that hope you all a good thanksgiving, drink, eat and Spear some goblin brains everybody! just dont pike the spawn....they can barely get killed by that unless you manage to hit their weak hearts...(has a sawn ever died of a "heart" attack?!) or being torn in to by being bashed by the spear shaft.
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: November 13, 2013, 10:05:07 pm »

Unrelated to current conversation, related to mod.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: November 13, 2013, 10:30:47 pm »

The railguns weren't meant to be de-powered the way they were, which may be the problem.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: November 13, 2013, 11:22:10 pm »

They aren't depowered per-say, just right now the attack is more like being hit with a supersonic carp than a slug or bullet.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29:59 pm »

They aren't depowered per-say, just right now the attack is more like being hit with a supersonic carp than a slug or bullet.

Considering the game, "supersonic carp" probably isn't the best metaphor for depowered....

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: November 13, 2013, 11:40:55 pm »

They weren't meant to really pierce so much as crush everything the round hit and kill with the impact against whatever happened to be in the way, this usually being a tree or wall, with the minimum effect being severe debilitation from having one or more bones broken by one shot (multiple injuries made possible by "skidding" across the ground.) Of course compared to crossbow it's still a massive improvment since even a bad marksman will seriously fuck someone up with one shot.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: November 14, 2013, 12:47:02 am »

Idea that popped into my head while reading this that probably has been done a million times before but who cares I'm posting it anyway: Land Carp.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: November 14, 2013, 01:17:12 am »

@Splint From my experience using the railguns one dwarf is barely useful, but a squad will take out anything that feels pain and send a mega spawn back about twenty tiles.

@Frog Carp-nado

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: November 14, 2013, 01:22:04 am »

Well I kinda have reactions down so I intend for them to be instant death but take a ton of resources to produce, or at least alot of micromanagment during production. Worst I'd do with ammo is having to get it magnetized or something similar, but the weapon itself will be well worth the effort to get them if all goes properly.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: November 14, 2013, 12:31:05 pm »

Okay, Splint:

Spoiler: Original (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 3D Render (click to show/hide)

It feels like it's lacking in details, and it's completely untextured - it just has colors as placeholders. Even so... Eris railgun. :D To an extent. It's a bit difficult to convert flat 2D to 3D. If there's anything I should fix, give me a heads-up.

edit:
Mr Frog, Sky Carp seems a more unpleasant alternative.

TalonisWolf: That looks epic. :D Very nice. I like that more than the image I already had in my head. lol

Cynm: About the radiation mod: Yes, I know that the flashy icons need to be changed - nobody liked them, for one thing. I'm not sure what to change it TO, though - nobody liked the text tags, either: "Dwarf mutant" supposedly got annoying. If you don't have it put somewhere that they're mutants, it's impossible to tell if you're in a radiation biome to begin with except for the effects, which can take some time to manifest. That, and some creatures are inherently immune to the effects of radiation.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:15:47 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: November 14, 2013, 03:23:36 pm »

FIne work on the railgun Talvieno, fine work indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 815