Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2192429 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9555 on: November 14, 2013, 03:38:26 pm »

Can you do some of stone Inc's gear, or no?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9556 on: November 14, 2013, 05:03:23 pm »

@Talvieno part of the problem with the radiation mod is that it's effects are inherently random. In game evil weather doesn't have a status marker or change the dwarf's name, but there is usually only one effect per biome, whereas the radiation can have many effects. If possible, a good fix would be to include a visual cue in the environment that there is radiation. Dead grass or trees could indicate radiation, rather than a tag or graphic. You would have to check your dwarves for the specific symptoms but you have to do that anyway.

Also, good work on the railgun. Comments: The stock looks a little to round to me. Also I think it would be cooler if the barrel looked different. The extra barrel is unnecessary as there is no propellant in a railgun. Any space not spent accelerating is time spent slowing down. The magnetic coils and/or rails should probably go to the end of the gun.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:53:38 pm by Cynm »
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: November 14, 2013, 05:05:14 pm »

Question, could you have it show up in the persons thought and/or medical screen?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: November 14, 2013, 05:08:17 pm »

Question, could you have it show up in the persons thought and/or medical screen?

"Urist has been ecstatic lately. She has lost all sensation in her toes lately."
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: November 14, 2013, 05:16:45 pm »

more like "she has a large nose, green bumps of her foot..."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: November 14, 2013, 10:43:58 pm »

How is this thread still going?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: November 14, 2013, 10:48:17 pm »

What's that supposed to mean? We happen to still be discussing things relating to the fort in some fashion or the stories spawned from it. Not like we have somewhere else to discuss it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: November 14, 2013, 10:50:10 pm »

It seems weird that it would still be going on after the fortress ended.
Not bad, just weird.

Of course, this doesn't exactly look like a normal fortress. I'm going to read through it soon.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: November 15, 2013, 12:12:12 am »

You really have to read the thread. There are so many stories and fan journals it is impossible to not talk about. Heck, this fortress spawned three novels worth of writing from one person.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: November 15, 2013, 02:01:01 am »

You really have to read the thread. There are so many stories and fan journals it is impossible to not talk about. Heck, this fortress spawned three novels worth of writing from one person.

Without either really trying, and both ended up producing amazing things.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: November 15, 2013, 11:29:22 am »

this fort is full of awsome...cant wait for the sequel!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: November 15, 2013, 03:23:38 pm »

@Talvieno:

Don't compliment me yet- that was a thumbnail! The actual piece is a work-in-progress on a 11" by 17". It should take a bit longer since I'll be paying more attention to scale, perspective, and detail... hopefully I can make it a nice Christmas Surprise.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: November 16, 2013, 02:54:57 am »

A short summary of the scythod as I know them. Please point out any and all mistakes and I will fix them. Spoilered for being a wall-o-text.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:35:11 am by Cynm »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: November 16, 2013, 03:38:39 am »

Urist's Handbook for Foolhardy Adventurers must become a thing. I DEMAND THAT IT BE SO.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: November 16, 2013, 04:26:07 am »

Urist's Handbook for Foolhardy Adventurers must become a thing. I DEMAND THAT IT BE SO.

Agreed. It seems like something that a book merchant would sell in mountainhomes.
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 815