Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178155 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9630 on: November 23, 2013, 09:44:11 pm »

You missed mine. But they may have just been a number of links.

Or where they links and images?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9631 on: November 23, 2013, 09:48:38 pm »

Asea - have to log off for now, but I may have missed them. If you could link me to them, I'll get them put up there. It wasn't intentional, believe me.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: November 23, 2013, 10:09:07 pm »

Welp. Time to go digging...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: November 23, 2013, 10:21:54 pm »

In honour of the late citizens of Spearbreakers:

Spearbreaker Citizen

[url]
Heres one. Not mine, but another.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: November 23, 2013, 11:40:11 pm »

Yeesh. Seeing some of those older drawings of mine kind of made me want to curl up into a ball.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: November 24, 2013, 12:07:57 am »

That just shows that you've improved! Cringing at your older work is a natural part of the learning process.
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: November 24, 2013, 03:06:16 am »

That just shows that you've improved! Cringing at your older work is a natural part of the learning process.

I'm aware of that, but still... If anyone has a time machine that I can borrow to retroactively replace the older artwork with better-drawn and -coloured versions I would be eternally in their debt. Tamun in particular needs new art (it is probably the worst thing I have ever drawn for this thread, full stop -- I hate pretty much everything about it).
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: November 25, 2013, 02:38:49 pm »

I have just discovered that regular spawn and mega spawn are not friends with each other. Indeed, in the subsequent engagement of eight or so normal spawn vs. one mega spawn the mega spawn won. Handily. The mega spawn has since eaten two caravans and shows no signs of leaving.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: November 25, 2013, 05:26:37 pm »

I have just discovered that regular spawn and mega spawn are not friends with each other. Indeed, in the subsequent engagement of eight or so normal spawn vs. one mega spawn the mega spawn won. Handily. The mega spawn has since eaten two caravans and shows no signs of leaving.
I do believe we can consider the megaspawn a success then.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: November 25, 2013, 06:35:39 pm »

Why is this so funny to me? I actually had to stifle a laugh, there.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: November 26, 2013, 01:08:03 am »

It's not funny when a Megaspawn shows up before the first caravan.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: November 26, 2013, 01:23:27 am »

I'm aware of that, but still... If anyone has a time machine that I can borrow to retroactively replace the older artwork with better-drawn and -coloured versions I would be eternally in their debt. Tamun in particular needs new art (it is probably the worst thing I have ever drawn for this thread, full stop -- I hate pretty much everything about it).

I must've missed a lot of pictures.

You guys asked for it. :P

That doesn't happen, no worries.

Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: November 26, 2013, 02:36:17 am »

I must've missed a lot of pictures.

You guys asked for it. :P

That doesn't happen, no worries.

i wish to see this happen in spearbeakers 2...

let the megaspawn come! we have spears! and we have mugs!....

WE HAVE MUGSPEARS! (sorry...it just came over me the image of a dwarf weilding a mug spear *a mug in the shape of a spear* striking a megaspawn in the chest as its eaten...)

why do i have a cold feeling right now?
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: November 26, 2013, 03:57:56 am »

As far as mega beasts go, I've only ever gotten mega spawn, and they show up pretty early.

Incidentally, that mega spawn? Railgun-punted into a volcano. He's still down there, merrily smoking like a chimney.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: November 26, 2013, 04:09:32 am »

Spawn don't burn very well. It's why magma weaponization was banned in Spearbreakers. You just get a raging voracious once-dwarf that lights things on fire instead of just a raging voracious once-dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 815