Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199417 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #10680 on: August 08, 2014, 12:00:10 am »

I got amazingly sidetracked by games such as Factorio '^^

Shame; I recall looking forward to messing with attack RAWs...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #10681 on: August 08, 2014, 04:11:02 am »

Factorio is fun, even for those confined to the demo.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: August 08, 2014, 04:27:28 am »

Wouldn't know about the demo; I saw it on YouTube and went "BUYIN' THIS!!"

35 euros later I am having the time of my life.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: August 08, 2014, 12:45:07 pm »

I'm afraid that I am confined to encouragement and (possibly, though not likely) writing/drawing. DF has never worked well on my computers, and I always get distracted by easier games when I lose a year or two of progress due to a crash. Most of the RAW changes you want would come in YEARS into the Fortress, or have an unforeseen impact at such time, that I would not be able to test. But I'll be sure to snark at you guys when something goes wrong. :p
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: August 08, 2014, 03:12:15 pm »

The only thing I've done is fiddle with the barbarians (which was easy since it was mainly just copying and modifying the human creature raws.) I haven't thought to do anything else because the game isn't functioning quite right yet anyway, though it's finally getting there.

Might as well do it now, I think. I don't really see any reason not to; Toady generally doesn't add new tags during bugfix releases.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: August 09, 2014, 08:19:53 am »

The only thing I've done is fiddle with the barbarians (which was easy since it was mainly just copying and modifying the human creature raws.) I haven't thought to do anything else because the game isn't functioning quite right yet anyway, though it's finally getting there.

Might as well do it now, I think. I don't really see any reason not to; Toady generally doesn't add new tags during bugfix releases.

Well, most creatures are just modified dwarves/humans in some manner and you have most of the other race mods and actually know what goes with what. All I know how to do is add a few tags, change learn rates, and move around or replace some colors. The rest is weapons and possibly a single workshop for making advanced weapons. I can handle making the weapons for the barbarians myself of course, and was even thinking about making a good and proper mod for them.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: August 10, 2014, 02:32:26 am »

Well, most creatures are just modified dwarves/humans in some manner and you have most of the other race mods and actually know what goes with what. All I know how to do is add a few tags, change learn rates, and move around or replace some colors. The rest is weapons and possibly a single workshop for making advanced weapons. I can handle making the weapons for the barbarians myself of course, and was even thinking about making a good and proper mod for them.

I really don't feel up to updating all of the creatures from the mod myself, though.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: August 10, 2014, 03:21:37 am »

Understandable man. I'm honestly just kinda putting it off and putting it off because I just don't feel like it. Nobody said we had to be ready quick as possible though.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: August 10, 2014, 04:16:12 am »

Understandable man. I'm honestly just kinda putting it off and putting it off because I just don't feel like it.

Why do I get the feeling that "I just don't feel like it" is going to become a running theme... :V

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: August 14, 2014, 09:28:21 pm »

Hey guys. sorry I disappeared again. Been dealing with drama at home, which turned into some depression issues... Trying to work through it, though.

Mr Frog - just realized I have a PM from you I needed to reply to for a couple weeks. >.< Was NOT intentional. Getting to that first thing tomorrow.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: August 15, 2014, 03:05:33 am »

I really need to finish off Tedaz's arc. :P

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: August 15, 2014, 04:44:43 am »

That reminds me, I should write the last chapter of the Interlude, get the characters ready for SBII.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: August 21, 2014, 07:40:59 pm »

That reminds me, I should write the last chapter of the Interlude, get the characters ready for SBII.

"And so it was that the greatest heroes of that age vanished, caught in between the strands of time, imprisoned between dimensions...

But their will and determination lives on in us! We shall stay true to their memory. We shall build a bastion, a refuge that will live on and grow to be legend!

Welcome to [INSERT_FORTRESS_NAME_HERE].

Oh, and don't knock over the mugs, we just reorganized them. Surviving the Spawn only to be killed by the bookkeeper is not a good way to go."

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: August 21, 2014, 08:14:27 pm »

"And so it was that the greatest heroes of that age vanished, caught in between the strands of time, imprisoned between dimensions...

But their will and determination lives on in us! We shall stay true to their memory. We shall build a bastion, a refuge that will live on and grow to be legend!

Welcome to [INSERT_FORTRESS_NAME_HERE].

Oh, and don't knock over the mugs, we just reorganized them. Surviving the Spawn only to be killed by the bookkeeper is not a good way to go."

That's almost what I was going to do '^^

I was going to take a slightly more visceral approach to it with a tad ((re: A LOT)) of reading into quantum-temporal physics beforehand ((which has been done for months '^^))...

MSPA is down, so I can't finish Homestuck, so I'll get to writing, then ^w^ Where did I leave my notes...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: August 21, 2014, 08:53:51 pm »

That last bit about the book keeper was great.
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 815