Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2199492 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #10725 on: September 08, 2014, 01:46:02 pm »

Good question. I'm doing alright as are my projects save for the barbarians who I still need to get off my ass and make an entity file for and get thier weapons and armor sorted.
Right. Out of curiosity, though I'm sure everyone's already asked, what is the ETA on SBII?

Also, anyone else want to chime in with a status report?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #10726 on: September 08, 2014, 01:50:39 pm »

Well, I'm still far too busy playing Bravely Default while singing Let It Go over and over to actually get to work on the Spawn.

I totally was doing work on them, honest, but then I lapsed and I can't remember what the testing results were.

E: Found them, looks like they're beatable but I don't have enough practical military experience to know if it can be reasonably done in fort mode (I primarily use traps for defense because I'm awful at military so I have zero context for evaluation). Off to fort mode!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:59:47 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: September 08, 2014, 02:00:42 pm »

*waves* Current project is rebuilding RandCreatures from the ground up, and it's getting all my free time. Script thing I'm writing a parser for: http://pastebin.com/8nJ5Ndcx

Other than that, just overwhelmed with stuff. Mostly.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:22:55 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: September 08, 2014, 02:02:39 pm »

Right. Out of curiosity, though I'm sure everyone's already asked, what is the ETA on SBII?

It's going to be a while. Things need to be made, tested, and/or phased out, I'm going to see about Civ Forge integration for the spawn and another race for our own use, see about digging up my old railgun raws, and certain people who want to participate aren't able to and won't be able to in the near future. We also need to get at least the Ballpoint raiders situated...

@ Mr Frog - Last you said the spawn went from "instant death for all comers" to "Instant death for untrained/poorly trained rabble but survivable with enough skill and decent armor." I also recall the trash golems were in semi-functional order as well after having thier stench toned down considerably.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: September 08, 2014, 02:12:18 pm »

Almost forgot: scythod raws are fixed up. ...But, I don't know if we actually want them, considering they never made it into the LP. The manamaids did though, disturbingly enough. Still need to work on those.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: September 08, 2014, 02:38:35 pm »

If seqivet are in SBII then it's only fair for scythod to be in there as well. Besides, I like them.

FUN WITH BUGFIXING: At first, the Spawn would refuse to spread out at all in worldgen. I couldn't figure out why or how to get them to do so after several attempts, so I just copied their settlement data wholesale from the dwarves... without taking into account how prolifically the Spawn reproduce compared to said dwarves, causing their settlements to quickly blanket the entire globe.

E: Couldn't get them to stop swamping the entire planet despite desultory attempts, and I kind of like the image of the Spawn as a rapidly-procreating horde that takes over territory by sheer numbers, so enjoy your entire continents full of Spawn hives plastered around densely-clustered outposts of civilised territory.

E2: Managed to accidentally pooch my initial test fortress after about two hours of play (my FPS with the new version is aggravatingly low -- didn't even make it to autumn). Note to self: when your only source of armour-grade metal is adamantine, take special care not to accidentally flood the shaft with magma.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:34:36 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: September 08, 2014, 09:31:38 pm »

The Spawn-flood could make for some interesting backstory. Is SBII still presented on Everoc? How far into the future is it?

And Mr Frog, regarding FPS issues... I narrowed mine down to the new trees. Embarked in woodland as opposed to dense forest, and it was more-or-less fine ((although I never cracked the caverns; normally I bumrush them.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: September 08, 2014, 09:50:17 pm »

Trees can be a pain, sorta.

Mind you, I still havent had much of an issue with FPS, even with shit laptops...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: September 15, 2014, 01:59:22 pm »

Second test fortress has been put out of commission after a stray hungry head wandered into my stairwell and inflicted a fatal injury on my planter, who then got zombified and began caving in people's skulls. Reclaim went well until I absentmindedly left the gate open and a zombie deer dropped in for a visit.

I'm thinking I may be slightly out of practice at this.

E: Aaaaand I somehow accidentally deleted all of the updated Spawn raws. fffffffffffffffff
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:25:59 pm by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: September 15, 2014, 02:47:28 pm »

Maybe try testing in a location that isn't evil? When you uh... Y'know, sort the raws being deleted and all.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: September 15, 2014, 04:35:28 pm »

Maybe try testing in a location that isn't evil? When you uh... Y'know, sort the raws being deleted and all.

Yeah, in retrospect maybe placing my first serious fort in ages in a zomberrific biome wasn't the best plan.

And as to the raws, don't worry. I can rebuild them. Better than they were before. Better... stronger... bitier.

E: I think the deletion may have to do with the Undo command in Windows Explorer, because a bunch of files that I know I moved are back to where they were originally and some other stuff I moved to the same place are now gone (including my custom embark and worldgen settings). Rrrgh. Probably shouldn't hit CTRL+Z irresponsibly.

E2: I have reconstructed the new Spawn to the best of my memory. Gonna test them out later.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:27:44 pm by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: September 15, 2014, 09:21:32 pm »

If you can ship me those raws I'd be happy to give them a field test alongside Stal's Armory (I'm more interested in the armor part of it, but I also have a strange love for glaives.) Pitting spawn warriors against "improved" armor and a mishmash of various arms seems like it'd be fun. If spawn can consistantly break bones through this stuff (but not always do so,) it may be worth including later on.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: September 15, 2014, 10:26:47 pm »

I thought you'd never ask :) I'll do some preliminary tests for myself in the arena (because I can't be sure they're exactly the same as they used to be) and then upload it to DFFD.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: September 15, 2014, 11:38:28 pm »

I haven't looked in ages and have since ditched the vast majority of old modded content I possessed, but are spawn ageless or do they drop dead after a while like most other things? I figure having them have a single max-age of a hundred or so might help even out their breeding rate.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: September 16, 2014, 12:07:06 am »

Ageless, but the main problem causing them to overpopulate everything would be
Code: [Select]
[LITTERSIZE:3:6]
Which I guess is now being respected in worldgen when it wasn't before?

Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 815