Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178563 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Now discussing sequel and other things
« Reply #10800 on: November 24, 2014, 12:06:40 am »

Gotta say, even with as little as there is, I'm shocked by the  trend the poll is showing.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: November 24, 2014, 12:55:16 am »

Gotta say, even with as little as there is, I'm shocked by the  trend the poll is showing.

Why would you be? Spearbreakers has ALWAYS defended itself the same way its ancestors have since the beginning of time! With a wall made of bravery, beards, steel and half-trained conscripts! We need not cower behind walls or fancy omnicrossbows! WE! ARE! SPEARBREAKERS!

:P
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: November 25, 2014, 01:24:10 pm »

Why would you be? Spearbreakers has ALWAYS defended itself the same way its ancestors have since the beginning of time! With a wall made of bravery, beards, steel and half-trained conscripts! We need not cower behind walls or fancy omnicrossbows! WE! ARE! SPEARBREAKERS!

:P

Indeed! If the Spearbreakers aren't breaking any spears, they're doing something wrong.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: November 25, 2014, 02:54:21 pm »

Having squads with more modern weapons while most of the army uses traditional gear.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: December 06, 2014, 01:53:20 am »

What are the statistics for Railguns? Are they better then Polearms in combat situations?

(Look who's alive! Nice to see McClellan, Talvi, Mr Frog, Reudh and Splint, there to lead the fresh blood on the next epic... )
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: December 06, 2014, 02:02:58 am »

Railguns were intended to be powerful enough (and used behind defences,) that melee would be irrelevant, since one hit would knock down even megaspawn.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: December 06, 2014, 11:08:47 am »

No plan survives enemy contact, and knowing Murphies Law... well, it would be just our luck to find out Spawn can dodge Railgun Fire.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: December 07, 2014, 08:21:25 am »

I liked this fort but I couldn't read it anymore because the science fiction subplots with confusing twists and annoying romance were beginning to outnumber actual talk about the fortress. Don't do this with Spearbreakers II, got it?
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: December 07, 2014, 08:28:57 am »

I liked this fort but I couldn't read it anymore because the science fiction subplots with confusing twists and annoying romance were beginning to outnumber actual talk about the fortress. Don't do this with Spearbreakers II, got it?

First, don't get all demanding. That was something that spiraled out of control and needs wrapping up eventually. That probably won't get done until SBII is halfway finished for all I know. It just... Y'know, snowballed.

Second, It hopefully won't end up quite so convoluted the second time around, though at present there's plenty of stuff to want to do or have made (at the very least the Spawn varieties and some balancing to go with them, some other caste stuff, and some expendable noble positions so we can arrange accidents without political worry while our main noble has no heirs.) Kinda relying on Mr Frog for the Spawn stuff, while I can take care of dwarf stuff myself.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: December 07, 2014, 01:03:45 pm »

... Errrr, so you're telling them to stop doing the very thing which has made Spearbreakers the epic it is? That's like telling Rolls-Royce to stop selling Hot Rods and start selling family cars because they're* more practical- it's not what it's about. If you don't like the product, don't buy the 'car'. There are hundreds more out there.

*they're? there're?
GENERATION 32:

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #10810 on: December 07, 2014, 01:49:30 pm »

"they're" is correct. Contraction of "they are".

I found the sci-fi subplots very confusing at best. I wouldn't leave them out, though. It's still fun to read them even if I have no idea what's going on.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: December 08, 2014, 03:21:12 am »

I found the sci-fi subplots very confusing at best. I wouldn't leave them out, though. It's still fun to read them even if I have no idea what's going on.
They are fun indeed, but often so different and distant from the main plot that sooner or later you reach the point you can't follow everything that's going on even if you try.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: December 08, 2014, 09:23:39 pm »

"they're" is correct. Contraction of "they are".

They are fun indeed, but often so different and distant from the main plot that sooner or later you reach the point you can't follow everything that's going on even if you try.
'kay then. Multiple large posts are likely to be incoming - I'm going to wrap up the Vanya plot entirely, and though I do intend to finish her series at some point, I'll keep that out of the Spearbreakers thread.

Also, my apologies for the quality of my writing. :-\ I know I'm not particularly incredible, but I tried my best. You never really "had" to read my stuff anyway - it was really all fanfiction. Noted, though: my twists and romance suck. :P It isn't the first time I've been told that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:24:49 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: December 08, 2014, 11:43:58 pm »

Spearbreakers II will turn out exactly the way it happens to turn out, cupcake. That's the nature of a community RP. I personally didn't want a deluge of special-snowflake OCs but they happened anyway.

Quote from: Talvi
I'm going to wrap up the Vanya plot entirely, and though I do intend to finish her series at some point, I'll keep that out of the Spearbreakers thread.

Please do post them (or at least a link) in here; they're part of Spearbreakers and have been for a while and it'd be remiss if the conclusion wasn't posted where the stories began.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: December 09, 2014, 12:32:04 am »

Also, my apologies for the quality of my writing. :-\ I know I'm not particularly incredible, but I tried my best. You never really "had" to read my stuff anyway - it was really all fanfiction. Noted, though: my twists and romance suck. :P It isn't the first time I've been told that.

I rather liked your writing personally, although I didn't get all the way through Vanya's story. Or Spearbreakers, for that matter. Weird sci-fi subplots are cool, although I think a certain lack of coordination detracted from the overall effect somewhat. Forts where everybody participates and writes journals and does stuff are the best forts.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 815