Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2179024 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - SEQUEL UNDERWAY. POST THERE INSTEAD.
« Reply #12180 on: July 14, 2020, 02:18:55 pm »

One hell of a necro indeed. Some of us are still kicking around in some capacity. Things as you can imagine stalled out ages ago.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12181 on: July 17, 2020, 08:45:17 am »

Yeah I mean it was a bit back, when we were all young whippersnappers, I literally stumbled across a spearbreakers thread on some tropes page, hahaha. I woulder how anyone feels about trying to boot up another succession game with the mods applied to spearbreakers
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12182 on: July 17, 2020, 01:54:04 pm »

The mods would need updated a bit to work in 47.04, but it's definitely doable. I'd probably sit it out though.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: July 17, 2020, 03:23:21 pm »

The mods were fairly minimal, would really just need someone to remake the spawn/update their old raws. I'm not really knowledgeable enough on interactions to do that bit, but the other minor crap I can just do myself.

I admit I'm kicking myself for not keeping this place better organized though. God it's such a disaster to trawl through. <_>

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12184 on: July 19, 2020, 09:02:15 am »

well that's spearbreakers for you ... remember those bloody mugs?
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12185 on: July 19, 2020, 12:25:27 pm »

Ah yes, the most memed clerical error I can recall for a thread.

Hundreds upon hundreds, upon hundreds. So many mugs we literally couldn't get rid of them all.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: July 19, 2020, 12:30:02 pm »

I haven't read this thread, but what do you need done modding-wise? Seems like this fort has a lot of fans.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12187 on: July 19, 2020, 12:43:42 pm »

Ah yes, the most memed clerical error I can recall for a thread.

Hundreds upon hundreds, upon hundreds. So many mugs we literally couldn't get rid of them all.
Frog and I still occasionally drop mug references. :D

I haven't read this thread, but what do you need done modding-wise? Seems like this fort has a lot of fans.
As far as I can remember, we added Holistic Spawn. Possibly also "mountain barbarians", but we never saw those.

If we want to add all the stuff now in canon, we'll need ballpoint and parasol civs, tanks, ballistic weaponry, and a slew of other stuff.

And please god not the manamaids.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: July 19, 2020, 01:26:52 pm »

If you like, please send me whatever custom raws you've made, plus a list of what new things you want. I'll see about updating and adding them in for you. I may steal matching stuff from my other mods to save time, of course.

Like I said, I haven't actually read the lore, so I'll need help with knowing what you want done and how it's supposed to work.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12189 on: July 19, 2020, 02:06:28 pm »

I'll say my piece on the raws and such soon-ish. Playing Gears 5 right now. Small amount of crap to do though.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: July 19, 2020, 02:08:02 pm »

Ok.
My mods and forum games.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: July 19, 2020, 03:26:28 pm »

Alright, so. As far as just do a total redo and undo our mistakes (not to diminish that kick-ass story that was spawned forth from it, Seriously Talvieno, alter some details and you could probably get it published somewhere  :P,) we'd technically just need the Spawn of Holistic to be updated, but we can also include the Mountain Barbarians, who I might just rebrand as "Everoc Survivors."

For everything else, there's at least two, maybe three remnant expedition factions (Ballpoint, Parasol, Eris,) with all the hardware and monsters that entails such as the heavy saw launcher, railguns, feral gorlaks and Jackborgs, along with more spawn variations - the last of which we could just include for its own sake if we really wanted.

If we wanted to go the extra mile I also updated Civilization Forge somewhat (it's not great but it's usable,) so we can include those civs and creatures as well, seeing as they were present in Syrupleaf (or rather the sand raiders were at least, for whatever reason.)

But then I'm also the idiot who'd be like "Let's make a world literally unlivable in not because of evil or whatever, just that everything seems to want to kill you."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12192 on: July 19, 2020, 04:17:49 pm »

I'm not sure what all those things are. I haven't actually read this and I don't know more than the absolute bare minimum about the setting. I popped in, saw you discussing a revival, and wanted to help get it off the ground. Is there somewhere I can download the mod, so I can help with updating it to the current version?
My mods and forum games.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12193 on: July 19, 2020, 05:14:15 pm »

we'd technically just need the Spawn of Holistic to be updated, but we can also include the Mountain Barbarians, who I might just rebrand as "Everoc Survivors."

For everything else, there's at least two, maybe three remnant expedition factions (Ballpoint, Parasol, Eris,) with all the hardware and monsters that entails such as the heavy saw launcher, railguns, feral gorlaks and Jackborgs, along with more spawn variations - the last of which we could just include for its own sake if we really wanted.
Doesn't sound that hard. I've actually been working on a witcher total conversion mod for a while. have it mostly done, just ran out of steam/switched back to my primary project. I've been working on a tabletop RPG for about five years now, and that ends up taking up most of my creative energy.

Alright, so. As far as just do a total redo and undo our mistakes (not to diminish that kick-ass story that was spawned forth from it, Seriously Talvieno, alter some details and you could probably get it published somewhere  :P,)
Thanks man. :P I do recall you saying somewhere that you didn't like what I did with your world, though. Can't exactly remember what you were referring to (not entirely sure I knew what it was about to begin with), but I don't think I was meaning to step on anybody's toes. If you wanted to retcon all the stuff I put in and pretend it never happened, I wouldn't mind too much.

I'm not sure what all those things are. I haven't actually read this and I don't know more than the absolute bare minimum about the setting. I popped in, saw you discussing a revival, and wanted to help get it off the ground. Is there somewhere I can download the mod, so I can help with updating it to the current version?
I appreciate your offer to help us out, but being perfectly honest, I could probably handle it myself if it came to that point. I have a very good deal of DF modding experience (for instance, the procgen creature/civ generator I wrote maybe 6 or 7 years ago), and, perhaps more importantly - I know most of the Spearbreakers lore by heart. :P It's pretty dear to me, even eight years later.

...never did finish that PDF though. That's a pity. :-\ always meant to, but untangling the timeline just became a bit more than my brain could handle.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: July 19, 2020, 05:28:24 pm »

Alright, I'll leave it to you then, if this comes back. I just thought you didn't want to.

I remember RandCreatures! That was a fun mod.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815