Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dungeon keeper ami  (Read 2005 times)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
Dungeon keeper ami
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:01:15 pm »

So I was wondering if anyone here reads Dungeon Keeper Ami. It's kind of a Sailor moon/dungeon keeper fanfic. It's a fairly good one at that. Of course i'm referring to the branch written by pusakuronu
for those that don't know here's a synopses i pulled from someone else.
heres a link to the fanfic http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/frecent.php?tag=Dungeon+Keeper+Ami

"A portal accident during a raid against the Dark Kingdom leaves Ami (Sailor Mercury) stuck on another world, smack dab in an abandoned Dungeon Heart with a very irate Horned Reaper looking for its own freedom, eventually leading to it convincing Ami to activate it. What follows is Ami accidentally losing her soul to the Dark Gods, the world she's on viewing her as Evil with a Capital E, and a series of fights against both the other Keepers, and the forces of Light, leading from whats starts as a desperate fight for survival to what is basically world conquest. "
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon keeper ami
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:32:24 am »

* IronyOwl cancels everything: Frothing in rage

Read it for a while, up to something about the sunken staff bit. Good example of an author who's very good in the technical sense (grammar, spelling, ability to describe things, etc) but absolute [CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED] at overall narrative, tension, worldbuilding, balance, etc. The result is fairly egregious Mary Sue fanwank Deus Ex Swiss Family Robinson style bullshit written by someone who actually knows how to write.

As an added bonus for me personally, it's also by far the longest Dungeon Keeper fanfiction I'm aware of. Damn you.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 08:45:50 am »

What you're trying to say is that it's a masterfully-crafted piece of crud?

I should avoid it.

Keep away.

Not peek at it.

Hopefully.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 10:18:11 pm »

wondering if anyone here reads Dungeon Keeper Ami.

...actually...yes. Sort of. I read the whole thing as far as it went....several years ago, I think. Quite a long time. The way I remember it what I read hadn't been updated in a long time and I assumed it was abandoned. I didn't realize it was still being worked on.

I found it amusing.