Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: 1000 Blank White Cards  (Read 23587 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: 1000 Blank White Cards
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2012, 01:59:29 am »

You never said anything to show you meant to do anything but complain

I think what you mean is I didn't show enthusiasm and dish out compliments. Which is true I don't dish out compliments unless I really mean them and I am not going to just so people don't misinterpret my dry statements for complaining.

If that isn't what you mean, then feel free to rewrite what I said, no lost meaning please, with a possitive spin and show me what you mean... since that would be very helpful.
   Oh, I don't mean you need to compliment it or what not, quite opposite if that how you feel about it really but you seem to not understand some basic parts of human communication. I could say "[specific card] is a retarderly overpowered mess of ambiguity" and then add just one thing a " :o" or maybe a " ;D" and I would come off better then what you did.
   This is a written response so we can't hear what you mean and an amazing portion of understanding comes from that so you have to add it back in. You told us that some where overpowered (we read this as meaning the cards are bad), you say some of them where useless (I don't know if this could ever be read in a good way), then you give an example of another card with no context except something that sounds like your warning us to not forget it (we assume you did not like that one either), and then nothing; no suggestion to fix a card or two's wording (which we would have interpreted as you being willing to debate the cards which we like to do), no smiley (which can basically be added to almost anything and denote it as non-serious), and no card of your own to fix what you think was wrong (me and Kinseti both did this and its an accept form of fun and "not complaining"). This means that you, now you may want to sit down for this, WHERE COMPLAINING. No ifs, ands, or buts. End of story. The cows have come home. Analogy for end. I don't care if you actually meant you where overjoyed at the prospects of using the cards and loved them to pieces though a little disappointed some would need more cards to do something, everyone else thinks you where complaining and honestly if your not saying something positive and only say negative things about them you are!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:40 am »

Why would I want to "fix the card"? It was rather deliberate in what it was meant to do.

Though fine, I guess I'll give specific examples next time with a written paragraph on why it is what it is. Also after reading what you said Akhier I've come to the conclusion that this is rather silly given the requirement for me to be understood. Even when I outright say "I am not complaining" I get "Yes you are".

no smiley (which can basically be added to almost anything and denote it as non-serious

I was being very serious. I just wasn't being sour.

This means that you, now you may want to sit down for this, WHERE COMPLAINING

Ok I see. It isn't fair and I think everyone is overreacting and should have simply taken my "I wasn't complaining I understand how this works" at face value instead of trying to prove otherwise... But I'll accept that there is no way to do this. So I'll stay out of this thread.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2012, 12:19:19 pm »

This may be pointless but let me say one more thing to you before you leave. We don't care if you complain, what we cared about was why you complained. You say you don't want to fix the cards, you say you where serious. That is fine! We don't all agree on the cards here. What we (particularly I) have been arguing about is that you don't seem to be owning up to it nor do you want to have a conversation about it. Scelly ask who cares and you respond with thats what I said and ask why people think your complaining. I answer that people think your complaining because of word choice which is true and you grouch that there was no better way to say it. I answer back that you gave us nothing else to go on, in what looking at it a day later is with more aggression then necessary and I am somewhat sorry for that. You ask me to rewrite what you said so I tried by giving threeish ways you could have made what you said not be complaining. You say why fix, you where doing what you meant too and I must say I can't see what that is if it was not complaining as you never really said right out except to say you where basically saying what Scelly responded with and if I understand the English language in any way you where not.
   I guess what I am trying to say in that long bit is that if your complaining its alright but we like to argue here and all you give us to argue about is whether you where complaining or not.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2012, 12:43:16 pm »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:27 pm »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2012, 06:49:01 pm »

For the question above: Any card that says 'Tap' shall be kept in play, in front of the player. So they do count.

I won't be able to update everything probably until Tuesday, it's the weekend before St. Patrick's Day, and I have to do a bunch of performances and have to focus on getting all my homework and stuff done over the next few days, sorry about that!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2012, 02:45:46 pm »

Hey, remember when I said I was making cards?

I was being serious.

Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2012, 03:57:27 pm »

Hmmm if I play Points? three times

Plus play Double your points Three times...

That is
3000, 6000, 12000, 24000 points!

I'd be unbeatable! (Actually I am trying to calculate a point strategy that could beat that using the cards everyone already has)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2012, 04:08:27 pm »

I can't really foresee any way to play a card three times, though. Unless you're just incredibly lucky with the sends-cards-to-hand type cards.

And even then it wouldn't matter unless you were using duplicates because there would be no way to have the same card in play twice (except in special cases).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »

I can't really foresee any way to play a card three times, though. Unless you're just incredibly lucky with the sends-cards-to-hand type cards.

And even then it wouldn't matter unless you were using duplicates because there would be no way to have the same card in play twice (except in special cases).

Well there are no rules on how to play this exactly. I actually assumed you are allowed 3 copies of any cards.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2012, 04:30:54 pm »

Each incarnation uses different rules. The original system does have a (loose) set of rules, but for example on the game this topic is about, we have a more tightly-knit set.

Every time I talk about the rules of this game I imagine some spiky-haired anime hero dramatically playing one of the cards we've made. "I SUMMON GLADOS TO COUNTER YOUR DORF!"

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2012, 01:29:44 pm »

Rule clarification request: a number of people have made cards that can be tapped for various effects. However, nowhere in the rules do I see anything that says that cards untap at the beginning of a player's turn.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2012, 01:57:38 pm »

Rule clarification request: a number of people have made cards that can be tapped for various effects. However, nowhere in the rules do I see anything that says that cards untap at the beginning of a player's turn.

Technically there are no rules on the order turns and effects take place either.

Some cards are obviously interupts but there is nothing in here to govern them.

But I assume this is like another game I know well where there are no clarified rules and cheating is a perfectly valid playing strategy.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2012, 05:42:04 pm »

Watch and die in agony.

Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2012, 12:03:34 pm »

Interesting Death Metal is a card that wipes out the field.

Strategywise I see two strategies. One is to stop your opponent's overwhelming advantage at the expence of your own. The other is in a deck full of cards that use pernament points (points that don't require the card to survive)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9