Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: 1000 Blank White Cards  (Read 23488 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
1000 Blank White Cards
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:36:48 pm »

Spoiler: Set 9 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Set 7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Set 6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Set 5 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Set 4* (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Set 3* (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Set 2* (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Set 1* (click to show/hide)
The stars and weird spacing are to help me keep track of which cards are entered in my database so far.

1000BWC is a simple creative exercise/card game. Everyone draws up a deck of cards with very basic guidelines and plays by a simple 'draw one, play one's system. If you draw a blank card during play, you draw it up before you play it!

We will use the guidelines here: http://www.elsewhere.org/discordian/bwcards.html/

With the following adaptations for the forum:
- Cards are 150x200 images in GIF or PNG format. Animated gifs are acceptable.
- Cards can be posted here.
- Anyone can draw cards. Players will be chosen once we had a good seed deck, and future games will use a deck with cards made and used in previous games.
- Only submit three consecutive cards. You may continue after someone else submits something.

I am not sure at the moment how exactly the game play shall work, but I have a few ideas that could work well...will sort this out soon if people are interested.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:23:25 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Blank White Cards
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:51:25 pm »

Apologies for pretty poor drawing skills. :P

(By tap, one would mean turn sideways, Magic-the-Gathering style. I didn't feel like trying to squeeze in an easier definition. :P)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:04:24 pm »

Aren't I supposed to be drawing for Zako right now? Whoops.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:04:51 pm »

Card 2 added to the mix!
I think tomorrow I will start an online wiki-style list or similar way to sort and keep them. Feel free to post them here for now, though. Anyone may make as many cards as they wish, but only make up to three in a row until someone else makes some, so we have a decent variety of artists.

Going to move this to creative projects..we can have a 'play thread' once we have cards to use, if needed.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:06:00 pm »

I'll see if I can dig up my cards from the previous time we did this

Or If it's okay, I could just go and quote that big list Glyphgryph made at the end with everysingle card that was made for that game in it. If it's okay?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:09:07 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 11:09:40 pm »

There ya go.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 11:11:45 pm »

Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 11:26:37 pm »

here's two unreleased cards from the last time there was a game of this, somehow I managed to overlook them when I was submitting my stuff in that game.

(They're references to the old You Are Wizard! forum game)

Would it be considered bad form if I went and dug up the cards from that previous game?
It's FEF, not FEOF

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:28:05 pm »

"Shadowy Conspirator" could be entertaining, like a strategic temporary screw you.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 11:31:50 pm »

here's two unreleased cards from the last time there was a game of this, somehow I managed to overlook them when I was submitting my stuff in that game.

(They're references to the old You Are Wizard! forum game)

Would it be considered bad form if I went and dug up the cards from that previous game?
That is fine as long as you follow the 3 consecutive cards rule.
Will update OP again tomorrow.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 11:35:42 pm »

Okay then! All credit for ideas and inspiration of cards with the purple and orange swirly background go to Aklyon and his You Are Wizard suggestion game.

It's FEF, not FEOF

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:11 am »

This brings back some good memories. But I'm also reminded of why this is on my personal list of "games never to run again".

Considering it's BWC tradition, though, you should definitely shuffle in a chunk of the old Bay12 deck.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 12:17:31 am »

This brings back some good memories. But I'm also reminded of why this is on my personal list of "games never to run again".

Considering it's BWC tradition, though, you should definitely shuffle in a chunk of the old Bay12 deck.
Yeah, I might. Took a look at your rules..is there anything you would suggest changing if we used those?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9