Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Simple Mod - Liquifaction at the Screw Press (Now even simpler!)  (Read 3689 times)

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Mod - Liquifaction at the Screw Press (Now even simpler!)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 06:14:29 pm »

TomiTapio: Thanks!  This is exactly why I put up my stuff in here; so anyone wanting a quick/modular reaction can search the forum and get an easy solution.  And I am working on a stone-to-sand reaction right now!  Still on the fence about whether to look up all the various stone types and find out which have high enough silica to make for glass-worthy sand or just say 'fuggit' and make a single reaction that uses any non-economic stone.  I'll likely go with the research, if only to keep in line with Toady's verisimilitude of reality.

Quietust: I've found that creating more than 10 units of water is too much to fit into a bucket, and results in an empty bucket and the created water being left unavailable and "spilled" in the workshop, so I've tried to subtly direct the product amounts to prevent them from causing this sort of overflow.  I figured that getting water from plants using pseudo-medieval technology isn't going to be easy, so that's why the resulting number is so low.  If you think it's too low, however, I suppose I could add in a cloth as a preserved reagent and claim it's there to strain out the pulpy plant parts to help create larger returns (perhaps 1 unit per plant in the stack?  I don't recall getting a stack higher than 8 of any non-modded plant).  But because alcohol levels can vary widely (1-40 in size, given thirsty dwarves and my anecdotal 8 stack size),  an arbitrary number should be used to prevent overflow and loss of product.  Meph suggested 7 units in the reaction he provided for me, so I kept it.  Oh, and the [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] is just a migrating tag that wandered in.

smakemupagus:  That's a nice suite of reactions & tools, but my intent for this is around the subsistence-level of reactions, intended to just barely keep wounded dwarves in the deserts and arctic from dying of thirst.  You've got the big brother of this work, which -- as I think about it for a second -- would work well as something for later in a fort's life when megaprojects are being started and excess plump helmets start becoming an annoyance.  It would keep the fortress clean/er and help generate water for any number of ever-popular drowning traps.  Yes, I like the thought of a group of elven invaders drowning in what could very well be strawberry juice; it's poetic, cruel, and a little tart.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 07:17:14 pm »

You only need 2/7 water for a mist generator.

Most wind up creating a semi-random drowning trap for dwarves and a prime syndrome vector for a forgotten beast's post-mortem revenge.
How do mist and contaminants react now?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06:20 pm »

[REACTION:STONE_GRIND]
[NAME:grind rock(2) into sand]
   [BUILDING:GRINDER:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
[REAGENT:A:2:BOULDER:INORGANIC:WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND_TAN][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:STONECRAFT]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 10:38:52 pm »

1. The fountain will be changed/removed in my mod. Completely forgot about it.

Aw!  My wife really likes to use the fountain to train one dwarf to swim, to get stuff out that falls in the moat :)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 05:52:16 am »

1. The fountain will be changed/removed in my mod. Completely forgot about it.
Aw!  My wife really likes to use the fountain to train one dwarf to swim, to get stuff out that falls in the moat :)
Grab the pretty-looking swimming pool for swim training from the Genesis mods. It's quite decorative, as is the Rockball game arena (where one trains throwing boulders.)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 08:08:03 am »

2. The does_not_determine_product_amount is needed so that a big stack of alcohol does not produce more water then the bucket can fit.
Good point - I did some testing earlier, and it looks like buckets effectively have [CONTAINER_CAPACITY:6000] which means they can only hold 10 units of water.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 [2]