Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit *get the first view of the program*  (Read 33634 times)

SashaGelert

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit *get the first view of the program*
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2012, 03:31:10 pm »

Does anyone have a way to find/contact vandala?  would love to get a progress update on the program.
"I jammed the whatsit into the whackadoodle but i think i broke the thingamajigger." MTG Goblin Engineers

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit *get the first view of the program*
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2012, 05:43:38 am »

No....
If this gets completed as a full program that does all the modding for you... It'll be the fall of real modders and DF will get spammed with crap (Like my mod, or like how Minecraft has an infinite number of mods written)
I'm sorry for being negative, it's just, DX DF Shouldn't get spammed with crap mods that only add 1-2 creatures, nor should it get spammed with infinite numbers of total conversions.

But, to make you feel better about the situation, good luck writting it. I hated Python. I got pretty good at it, and realized it sucked. Imo it's GUI support sucks. Its IDE was nice, the language's syntax was very nice, but no one really used it. (For what I need)
Idk, that's just my opinion.

I... don't think that'll happen.
Maybe(hopefully not) it wont. But do you see the risk here? Think of it like Nazi scientists performing controlled tests that turn creatures into a zombified form. It might not happen, but one *could* get out and then it's a zombie(crap mod) apocolypse.

...What
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]