Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.04 Released  (Read 77865 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.03 Released
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2012, 09:32:30 pm »

second edit: I tried setting [PRINT_MODE:TEXT], since the backtrace seems to involve OpgenGL libraries, but I got this:
Code: [Select]
$ ./df
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
Didn't find any flavor of libncursesw, attempting libncurses
Symbol not found: waddnwstr

I checked and i do have libncursesw:
Code: [Select]
$ ls -l /usr/lib/libncursesw.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 2012-02-28 12:40 /usr/lib/libncursesw.so -> /lib/libncursesw.so.5
$ ls -l /lib/libncursesw.so.5
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 2010-09-07 09:56 /lib/libncursesw.so.5 -> libncursesw.so.5.7
Where is it looking for libcursesw?

Most likely (although this is just a guess!) you have a 64-bit Linux system and therefore a 64-bit libncursesw, but DF wants a 32-bit library.  You can try the suggestions from here:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Installation#32-bit_vs._64-bit_systems
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2012, 09:36:25 pm »

Yeah, they'll even brag about it per usual...  it's just that the ones that succeed are limited.  They look like soldiers and say they have been wandering the wilds.

edit: haven't done large addresses because I'm not sure how many weird bugs are going to crop up, although I'll have to do it eventually for 64 bit anyway.  Not something I'm eager to plunge into, but it'll have to be done.  I don't know how up to specs my libraries are for large addresses.  Some of them like FMOD I won't be able to upgrade if necessary because if I remember they've changed the license.
This is very exciting for me!  Knowing that you are planning to move to 64 bit and LAA is great!  I'm sure it will open up many options for the future.

Baselope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2012, 10:33:49 pm »

Thank you!  The fixed archery targets alone make me want to dig another fort, with appropriate zombie defenses this time, such as being entirely underground.  Undead won't spawn in caverns, right?  RIGHT???

Toady you torment me.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.04 Released
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2012, 11:51:39 pm »

All right, that should fix the picture export bug.  After the fix, which made sense, I tried to get it to happen many times without reproduction, and I could reproduce it before.  So it should be fixed.  If another patch is needed, there will probably need to be an intervening sleep period.  Yeah.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Eurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2012, 12:53:18 am »

I literally just had this happen, started up a new world gen, and then came to read the forums and oh it's fixed. Weird.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2012, 01:15:12 am »

Most likely (although this is just a guess!) you have a 64-bit Linux system and therefore a 64-bit libncursesw, but DF wants a 32-bit library.  You can try the suggestions from here:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Installation#32-bit_vs._64-bit_systems
Yeah, that sounds like what is probably happening. Thanks!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2012, 01:36:17 am »

That's an impressive list of bugs squashed!
At last, she is done.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2012, 02:08:34 am »

Holy crap, that's gotta be the quickest bugfix release i've ever seen :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2012, 02:20:05 am »

Coolness! 8)
I figure I'll need to gen a new world after downloading to see if a short history will still lead to an Age of Twilight or (horror of horrors!) Age of the Elf.
Also, kudos on the memory leak and stability fixes; I've been suffering from various "mystery crash" issues a lot.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2012, 06:45:16 am »

Holy crap, that's gotta be the quickest bugfix release i've ever seen :P.
Hey, if there is only one additional bug fixed between .03 and .04...
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Zwos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2012, 07:46:12 am »

Man Toady you are in the zone.  How much Dr. Pepper have you consumed within the last 48 hours? I feel I might be obligated to send the paramedics to check up on you.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2012, 11:51:54 am »

Man Toady you are in the zone.  How much Dr. Pepper have you consumed within the last 48 hours? I feel I might be obligated to send the paramedics to check up on you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 29, 2012, 12:10:23 pm »

Just imagine what it'd be like if he drank Monster...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2012, 12:22:40 pm »

TaB is obviously superior.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2012, 12:59:57 pm »

ok this is odd, and I'm not sure if this is a BUG or not

pure vanilla 34.04, default world, setting my adventurer's Current Attack Preference:Charge. Attacking someone by default attack (arrow keys), and my adventurer occasionally grabs them. This has never happened to me before in older versions before 34.

What do you think?
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9