Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.04 Released  (Read 78036 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.04 Released
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2012, 02:00:29 pm »

ok this is odd, and I'm not sure if this is a BUG or not

pure vanilla 34.04, default world, setting my adventurer's Current Attack Preference:Charge. Attacking someone by default attack (arrow keys), and my adventurer occasionally grabs them. This has never happened to me before in older versions before 34.

What do you think?

Does it happen when the targets are prone, or when they're standing too?  You can't charge prone targets.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2012, 02:27:25 pm »

ok this is odd, and I'm not sure if this is a BUG or not

pure vanilla 34.04, default world, setting my adventurer's Current Attack Preference:Charge. Attacking someone by default attack (arrow keys), and my adventurer occasionally grabs them. This has never happened to me before in older versions before 34.

What do you think?

Does it happen when the targets are prone, or when they're standing too?  You can't charge prone targets.

Just tested again, Target stands and the same
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Some problems with image..
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:46:57 pm by Rip0k »
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2012, 02:53:52 pm »

Charging also won't work if you are prone, which you are in those screenshots.  Those leg injuries'll getcha.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:58:48 pm by Footkerchief »

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2012, 04:32:44 pm »

Charging also won't work if you are prone, which you are in those screenshots.  Those leg injuries'll getcha.

uff.. That explains all. But why didn't I noticed it in previous versions... Maybe cos' most of the time my hands was occupied. Thank you Footkerchief, heh everyday someone learns something new about his favorite toy;]
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 04:53:27 pm »

What I've been annoyed with is the inability to shoot prone opponents from stealth.  I figure that prone targets should be harder to hit, but it seems to be impossible to hit prone targets while sneaking. 

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2012, 09:14:59 pm »

What I've been annoyed with is the inability to shoot prone opponents from stealth.  I figure that prone targets should be harder to hit, but it seems to be impossible to hit prone targets while sneaking.

I had the same observation (in the previous version that is) ...
throwing objects at prone opponens (while in stealth) is difficult, but results in a few hits,
firing bolts/arrows at prone opponents however seems to be impossible, even if standing just 2 tiles away

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 11:25:39 pm »

There's a report here.  Originally the report was about general difficulty shooting prone targets, but it seems like sneaking exacerbates the problem.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2012, 01:20:04 am »

There's a report here.  Originally the report was about general difficulty shooting prone targets, but it seems like sneaking exacerbates the problem.

Hmm... The sneak part might actually not be a bug, if you think about it... I mean, if you're crouching/crawling and trying not to be seen, you'll have a lot harder time hitting anything, as compared to a standing position.

Overall impossible to hit prone, sure, bug, I just meant it being harder while sneaking. Seems like it should be harder.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2012, 02:05:00 am »

C'mon, guys, that's what stabbing is for!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2012, 05:42:29 am »

someone got .04 version with some tileset?

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2012, 06:01:29 am »

He made $12586.51 with donations this month.

It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2012, 06:03:10 am »

he deserves that 

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2012, 11:10:36 am »

There's still the odd dwarf being brought into the hospital, and then he just stays there until he starves to death. Usually it's "Diagnosis required, crutch required" and no matter how many medics are jobless, they won't tend to him and nobody will bring him food or water. Happened a bunch of times now.

It may be related to the hospital being relatively small when he's brought in and then it's expanded.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:58 am »

There's still the odd dwarf being brought into the hospital, and then he just stays there until he starves to death. Usually it's "Diagnosis required, crutch required" and no matter how many medics are jobless, they won't tend to him and nobody will bring him food or water. Happened a bunch of times now.

It may be related to the hospital being relatively small when he's brought in and then it's expanded.

What are the dwarf's injuries?  Is he unconscious?  Is is job "Rest", "No Job", "Soldier" or something else?

There are a variety of reports about dwarves being ignored by healthcare, mostly collected under these reports:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=94
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=309

If your save fits one of those (or its related bugs), it would be helpful to upload it to http://dffd.wimbli.com/ and post the link at the appropriate report.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2012, 11:22:20 am »

God job, toady.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9