Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.04 Released  (Read 77980 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.04 Released
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2012, 11:25:33 am »

God job, toady.

Yeah, 'good job' is not capable of describing this. It must be a god job.

Now please, fix me some bugs, Great Toad God.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2012, 12:08:51 pm »

He made $12586.51 with donations this month.
He accidentally major version of DF in feb too. Must be some coincidence.

I spotted grave error in mission status.
Quote from: Threetoe
Finally, you can watch as bug after bug is squashed in the weeks to come.
Surely you meant months to come. Many, many months. Right? Right?
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »

I spotted grave error in mission status.
Quote from: Threetoe
Finally, you can watch as bug after bug is squashed in the weeks to come.
Surely you meant months to come. Many, many months. Right? Right?

Keep dreaming.

Last year the bugfixes round lasted around 40 days and fixed about 170 issues.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2012, 12:47:52 pm »

Keep dreaming.

If you mean the Feb-April 2011 bugfixing, that's not a very good comparison -- the preceding release cycle was only 3 months long.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:13:24 pm by Footkerchief »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2012, 02:18:36 pm »

Keep dreaming.

If you mean the Feb-April 2011 bugfixing, that's not a very good comparison -- the preceding release cycle was only 3 months long.

Sure, but I don't believe Toady will do much more than that this time.

Cuyahoga

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2012, 02:55:43 pm »

Keep dreaming.

Sure, but I don't believe Toady will do much more than that this time.

Seems to me that guesswork is unnecessary? From the report: "In March, we'll be transitioning over a few releases to problems with the game that have been around for a while, and that'll last at least into April."

So with the fixing already seen, this gives at least 5-6 weeks of bugfixing.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2012, 05:08:56 pm »

Weird. Currently playing .03 (which should be the same in .04 given the single bugfix). And, wait for it...

I'm seeing Ghostly Dwarves killing (and being killed by) invaders of my now-abandoned fortress in the legends screen! Either ghosts fight invaders and can get killed, which would be pretty cool but weird given they're incorporeal, or more likely the game remembers anyone who rose as a ghost as Ghostly and lists them like that in the legends even though they were living at the time of their death.

Is this a known bug or should I head in the bugtracker's direction to add to the spam?

In any case, guardian spirits of the fortress would be cool. Perhaps particularly heroic dwarves whose spirit cling to this world not because they weren't buried properly, but because they were honored in life and in death and prefer the fury of battle and protecting their fortress in the mountain to the peace of the afterlife.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2012, 05:49:35 pm »

I'm seeing Ghostly Dwarves killing (and being killed by) invaders of my now-abandoned fortress in the legends screen! Either ghosts fight invaders and can get killed, which would be pretty cool but weird given they're incorporeal, or more likely the game remembers anyone who rose as a ghost as Ghostly and lists them like that in the legends even though they were living at the time of their death.

Is this a known bug or should I head in the bugtracker's direction to add to the spam?

There are a number of bugs on the tracker relating to ghosts taking too active a role, but I don't think that one's been reported.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2012, 10:14:06 pm »

Okay, whenever I gen a certain world longer than about 150 years, it crashes when world gen finishes.  How should I go about reporting the problem so it can be fixed?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2012, 11:44:45 pm »

Okay, whenever I gen a certain world longer than about 150 years, it crashes when world gen finishes.  How should I go about reporting the problem so it can be fixed?

Is this on 34.03 or 34.04? That sounds much like the bug in 34.03 that caused Toadyto release 34.04 so quickly.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2012, 11:53:50 pm »

It sounds to me like this is an offshoot of that bug where historical figures are known throughout Legends as their final form... Eurgh, not very well-worded, but here's an example: A dwarven queen who is turned into a night creature, when viewed in Legends/engravings, will be displayed as a night creature, not as a dwarf, even if the event took place while she was a dwarf.
So, it seems likely that those ghost vs goblin battles took place while your dwarves were still fleshy, corporeal and alive...

Fakeedit: ...Damnit, I'm tired! I didn't even read all of your post, you already mentioned that. :P So yes, it sounds like a known bug. A derp is me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2012, 12:03:49 am »

I've got another fort where my soldiers won't attack something, this time naked mole dogs, with their job showing up as (no reachable land target). It's most infuriating. Has anyone else had this problem? I can't run a fort without a working military.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2012, 12:53:30 am »

Is this on 34.03 or 34.04? That sounds much like the bug in 34.03 that caused Toadyto release 34.04 so quickly.

34.04.  It happens about halfway through finalizing the sites.  I imported the world gen info from 34.02 if that would cause the problem(though I think I had it there too.)  It is a very high resource world with no cap on sites or population.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2012, 05:13:24 am »

34.04.  It happens about halfway through finalizing the sites.  I imported the world gen info from 34.02 if that would cause the problem(though I think I had it there too.)  It is a very high resource world with no cap on sites or population.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php (warning, it may be reported - check it using search ( http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php ))
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9