Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.04 Released  (Read 77583 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.34.04 Released
« on: February 28, 2012, 10:37:14 am »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Here is the second set of fixes for the major release.  There are still enough problems with the new stuff to warrant continued work there before I move on to older issues, and the next release will probably be within the timeframe of the last two.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed crash with historical figure cull vs. wandering groups
   (*) Stopped historical figures from starving
   (*) Stopped various corruption crashes and weird effects, mainly from aborted world gens (nice catch, Lightning4!)
   (*) Stopped original population associated to historical figure from screwing up its allegiances
   (*) Stopped it from moving criminal leaders with routine civilian moves, changing their allegiances
   (*) Stopped populations from villages/trade partners from migrating into dungeon outcast groups all at once (one group had 15000!)
   (*) Stopped werebeasts from gumming up world gen
   (*) Stopped raised corpses from having various allegiances
   (*) Vampires that take over sites lose other allegiances
   (*) Made soldiers from previous forts clean up military info upon arrival at current fort
   (*) Stopped ghosts and royal family members and undisguised vampires (aside from the king/king's group vamps) from immigrating to fort
   (*) Fixed a new bug that completely stopped archery training
   (*) SDL version: TrueType crash from long strings (Baughn)

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Changed which entity moves to which sites, mainly so elf pops don't live in fortresses and vice versa without acclimating to a city first
   (*) Set labor list for migrants by default (can turn off in data/d_init.txt)
   (*) Added a tab for other stones in stone list and made stones with a reaction product class list as economic in stone list
   (*) Sped up adv mode loading/offloading somewhat, and cleaning should be a bit faster -- there are still really slow patches that need work
   (*) Controlled snatcher number in world gen
   (*) Decreased questing rate in world gen
   (*) Stopped reraised corpses from bleeding to death
   (*) Stopped forbid/melt/traffic/etc. mouse from messing with keyboard
   (*) Gave more indication for forbidden workshops
   (*) Made forbid/etc. from stocks screen not effect building items when applied to an entire group
   (*) Changed ramp names to indicate unusability due to missing walls or lack of space above
   (*) Sterilized zombies and mummies (only husk-type zombies need the STERILE tag)
   (*) Cleaned up some botched zombie names (old saves will need to let their zombies fall once and they should be better on reraise)
   (*) Made vampires fleeing to site in world gen require pop to fit into
   (*) Made vampire cults follow tyrant vampires properly
   (*) Vampire nicknames, profession, position names work
   (*) Vampires won't try to pin crimes on animals
   (*) Can 'g'et items from cabinets and other building furniture in adv mode now
   (*) Kea will not follow each other so closely when stealing
   (*) Fixed busted horseshoe crabs/men
   (*) Improved the age name calculator, especially as it regards the dominant race after megabeasts are cleared
   (*) Changed treasure room quality and item selection
   (*) Stopped designation at the bottom of the map from unhiding portions of it sometimes
   (*) Unobscured unit list option from main menu
   (*) Stopped world gen group from lingering in memory after bandits become criminals under town
   (*) Goblins can have higher pops in their important towns
   (*) Applied att change syndrome size modifiers properly (stops weird speed issues with adv blood drinking)
   (*) A few other minor tweaks listed in file_changes.txt
   (*) SDL version: Highlighting on unit screen fixed for TrueType (Baughn)
   (*) SDL version: Turning on playback while recording will no longer record the previously recorded keys (Baughn)
   (*) SDL version: TrueType text will now overwrite properly in some adventure mode circumstances (Baughn)
   (*) SDL version: Fixed some minor memory leaks (Baughn)
   (*) SDL version: Minor stability improvements (Baughn)
   (*) SDL version: Fixed some of the spacing issues with TrueType

edit: DF 0.34.04 fixes a crash bug that would be caused by exporting a map after world gen (or at other times).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:39:44 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.03 Released
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 10:43:59 am »

10 minutes after waking up, thanks!

Cyco_Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:53:00 am »

Do I need to start new forts now?
QuoteModify
Quote from: arzzult on Today at 02:47:41 am
Too far? This is the game where we slaughter the cutest animals we can find by the dozen for a rather meager amount of food. This is the game where coming up with a more complex and cruel way to kill something is a daily goal. This is the game where "child care" is locking a kid in a room with a bunch of rabid animals to scar them, sir, this is not far enough.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:53:58 am »

Forts from 0.34.02 should work.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:00:27 am »

Excellent, looking forward to trying this out.

(*) Changed which entity moves to which sites, mainly so elf pops don't live in fortresses and vice versa without acclimating to a city first

Does this mean Elves need to move to a Human City and get used to life there before they can stand living in a Dwarf Fortress?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

McFlow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 11:03:50 am »

Toady! I am really happy you already have more bugfixes out. We love you, oh small dry amphibious one!
I embarked on an island, saw the ocean was frozen, and decided to dig a fort in there. I forgot that it wasn't a freezing biome...

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 11:09:51 am »

Thank you

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 11:13:58 am »

Does this mean Elves need to move to a Human City and get used to life there before they can stand living in a Dwarf Fortress?

This is all about the entity populations in world gen, but yeah, there was too much direct movement between fortresses and fortress retreats...  it made the final populations pretty silly, but we still wanted mixing in the human cities.  So it can happen that an elf pop comes to a city, and then moves on to a fort, but the diffusion is lower.  If you are in a small world and run it for many years, it will still mix a whole lot, but overall it's a bit more controlled.

(*) Stopped historical figures from starving

This is a typo, right?

I might be missing something basic, but that's what it is.  The starvation was causing the vast majority of the deaths in world gen and making the memory/speed situation impossible (since they'd be replaced quickly by children and elevated pop figs over and over as the famine continued etc.).  In addition, it was starving historical figures at the same rate as the entity population, but we could reason that the reason these guys are historical is that they are the ones that didn't starve at random.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 11:20:59 am »

Awesome stuff Toady. Dwarf Fortress is just getting better and better.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 11:27:18 am »

Superb! Many thanks. :)

ink_runner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 11:33:32 am »

Thank you so much Toady One!

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 11:36:18 am »

Yay stone control back.

Please remember to fix the vampires addiction to alcohol thing!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 11:44:39 am »

Thanks as always Toady. It looks like you started fixing the vampires and the werewolves, but I would like some more work on them for them to fulfill all their potential.

phoenix_1977

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 11:46:59 am »

Cheers!

I would like to say overall I find the new version much more enjoyable to play!
Keep up the great work!

Thanks Toady One!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9