Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.04 Released  (Read 77579 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.03 Released
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 11:54:13 am »

Aw, and I just last night finished off doing various tweaks to 34.02. At least this gives me an exuse to try adding an alcohol-dependency-removing syndrome to dwarven blood.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 11:54:55 am »

(*) Stopped historical figures from starving

This is a typo, right?

I might be missing something basic, but that's what it is.  The starvation was causing the vast majority of the deaths in world gen and making the memory/speed situation impossible (since they'd be replaced quickly by children and elevated pop figs over and over as the famine continued etc.).  In addition, it was starving historical figures at the same rate as the entity population, but we could reason that the reason these guys are historical is that they are the ones that didn't starve at random.

Ok, thanks.  I confused historical figures with general population and read that as 'starving disabled in world gen'.

ink_runner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »

Quite odd!, first bug I guess... just generated a world, found a nice, cold, embark and went with 3 miners and some others. First thing I did was to designate to dig downward staircase and cut some trees (with all tools available of course) and the result: NADA. My miners just iddle around in the cold while my woodcutter just drinks...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 12:04:02 pm »

Are their labors set?  Are you using the new d_init.txt?  Labors should be set by default, but that could be screwed up, and an old d_init won't set it.

edit:  If it is an old file, you can add [SET_LABOR_LISTS:YES] in there wherever and it should work.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 12:07:26 pm »

In my work computer every times the world offloads after world gen it crashes...I will test soon at my laptop...

LemmingKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 12:10:36 pm »

In my work computer every times the world offloads after world gen it crashes...I will test soon at my laptop...

It crashes for me each time I do world gen. I create new world, make it large, let it go for about 75 - 90 years and then after I hit 'p' to get picture and then enter to use it gives me not-responding screen.
Edit: Tried once more without exporting picture and it seemed to have worked. Thats 3 times exporting picture it crashes, once without it works.

ink_runner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 12:11:00 pm »

Are their labors set?  Are you using the new d_init.txt?  Labors should be set by default, but that could be screwed up, and an old d_init won't set it.

edit:  If it is an old file, you can add [SET_LABOR_LISTS:YES] in there wherever and it should work.

I was using a brand-new-just-uncompressed copy of DF, with no old saves or anything extra, I checked the d_init and [SET_LABOR_LISTS:YES] is enabled, I'm generating another world now to check again.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »

It crashes for me each time I do world gen. I create new world, make it large, let it go for about 75 - 90 years and then after I hit 'p' to get picture and then enter to use it gives me not-responding screen.
Edit: Tried once more without exporting picture and it seemed to have worked. Thats 3 times exporting picture it crashes, once without it works.

I was always creating pictures too. It is a repeatable crash then.

Darchitect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 12:17:16 pm »

Thanks so much for a wonderful, wonderful game!

Any timeframe for getting the Beast Master (sic Dungeon Master) back in? Or a pathing fix for flying/amphibious mounts? Or a large gem stockpile? Those are the bugs that bug me... ;)

Regardless, looking forward to testing this update!

Foffy123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »

Thank you, Toady! I just woke up and see a new DF Release. Truly awesome.

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 12:34:23 pm »

And archery targets are fixed, just when it was time to build training facilities in my newest fort. Hooray!

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 12:36:06 pm »

I was always creating pictures too. It is a repeatable crash then.
Same here, genned a large world, hit 'p' as usual, pressed 'enter', crash

Just genned a small world, pressed enter without 'p', no crash.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 12:38:06 pm »

Hmm, well, that sucks.  I can't get it to happen in legacy, but it's happening for me in SDL.  Either a release-mode thing with the site info export or something with the texture cleaning maybe.  I won't have any idea for a while yet.  I always export pictures during world gen and this is only coming up now for some reason.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 01:27:56 pm »

Thanks for bugfixes and plans to improve interface (fixing screens to support dimensions larger than 80x25)!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 01:55:30 pm »

Thank You  Toady One The Great
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9