Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play CastlevaniaRL

<< < (2/3) > >>

nenjin:
Oh man, you are in for a lot of death. CastlevaniaRL is not your standard rogue-like, it vomits enemies at you and they fight aggressively. I believe, last I played, they spawn continuously. Having played several rogue-likes, I found the game incredibly hard. Maybe I just suck but the game can be very unforgiving. I'd recommend spending some time in the town at night (if you make it that far, muwhahahaha), it's a good way to build yourself up in relative safety.

Because once you head in the castle, shit gets real.

Wow, bunch of new classes. I may have to get back into this. slashie, the dev, has posted in OG before.

adwarf:
Urist Belmont it is, the first update will be tomorrow hopefully I can survive to the town :)

Deadmeat1471:
I love castlevania, I love roguelikes, I never even noticed this one existed. Watching and downloaded :D

adwarf:
This will be our main character, the rest will go in the Hero Waitlist spoiler (Which I'll add later)

--- Quote from: Myroc on February 29, 2012, 07:29:43 am ---Why break the tradition of burly men with whips killing vampires and various other mythological creatures? Surely we must play as Urist Belmont, Vampire Killer.

--- End quote ---

nenjin:
So I learned something playing this time around that made things much easier.

Jump. Jump all you can. It's an unlimited 3 move action that is pretty much preferable to walking most of the time. It allows you to make distance between you and your enemies, and it saves time (which with the day/night cycle, actually means something.)

The harshness of the game remains unchanged. Died 10 or so times, even during the tutorial, until I was able to set foot in the town. Where I promptly died.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version