Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extreme protest - let's see a little smoke  (Read 2573 times)

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Extreme protest - let's see a little smoke
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:21:11 pm »

So I was thinking of the problem of disposing of unwanted liberals without releasing (may snitch) or executing them.  Usually I'd have them sell brownies until The Man tries to arrest them, have your dude fight and subsequently get fatally shot, or if things are conservative enough, wounded then beaten to death. 

But I got a better idea of how to make unwanted liberals self-pwn: have a self-immolation protest option, like the buddhist monks who burned themselves to death to protest the Vietnam war.  It would need to have a decent payoff to change public opinion, it's almost like terrorizing/traumatizing people into seeing things your way - love it.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme protest - let's see a little smoke
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:46:55 pm »

Sounds a little overpowered. You could just get a bunch of hippies and burn them all. Maybe it would be better if only liberals with a certain juice level could use it. Of course that sort of defeats your original purpose of disposing of the unwanted.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 03:26:20 pm »

I would prefer letting my useless liberals go out with a bang instead of a burn, and suicide-bomb the Prison.
I'd really like to see larger-scale methods of violence for the liberals, like bombings and mass prison breaks. Or stealing a tank from the army base. Fun, fun, fun.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

axeman157

• Bay Watcher
  • ...And my Mi-Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:02:42 pm »

I like the idea of suicide bombing attacks. I like to play LCS like i'm a urban-terrorist anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:11:20 am »

I think the idea presented in the OP isn't that great, but it would be cool if we could have legal and illegal protesting. (In C+ society, all dissent is treason, and thus all protesting is illegal.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 03:51:14 am »

Apparently, I'm the only one who sends useless liberals on Molotov Attacks versus the Police Station...

As implemented, Molotov Cocktails are basically suicide weapons.

Still, the idea of extreme protests is interesting.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:41:07 am »

Considering the self-immolation button... Previous jobs + juice should be a determining factor.

Send an elite liberal/eminent scientist... all interest/opinions go sky high in your favor.

Send the dreg's of society/hippie... conservatives construe it as wild hobo's trying to attack society or something.

Send people less then 200 juice...  just a small blip, if anything.  Police say it was caused by an accident as they tried to play with fire.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

tasteful

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 01:00:52 pm »

or people with low enough juice and heart, when commanded to do it, will refuse and turn against the squad?

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 02:34:09 pm »

The whole point of the suggestion is that if you dismiss or suicide run someone, they'll turn on you.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 12:31:35 am »

I like the strict job/juice requirements idea - 500 or even 1000 with a 'respectable' profession.  Maybe you could have the result be bumping up one law towards the liberal direction, say have a select protest issue question before going up in revolting greasy smoke.  Maybe some bonus if you could get a priest or nun to do it, as they're supposedly the sort the masses look to for ethical guidance.

[ModEdit: Image removed because, ew, it's a photo of a person dying. Feel free to visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-immolation if you'd like to see the photo. -Fox]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:13:08 am by Jonathan S. Fox »