Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to get rid of broken ballista arrows?  (Read 1280 times)

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
How to get rid of broken ballista arrows?
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:54:56 am »

How do you get rid of broken Ballista arrows?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: How to get rid of broken ballista arrows?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:03:14 pm »

Can you floor over them?  If so that should remove them and you can then remove the floor tile to return it to its natural state.  Or atom smash them with a drawbridge, but that's an awful lot of work for that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 12:39:19 pm »

Broken ballista arrows?  I've never seen that happen.  If you're talking about the broken arrow mark that appears on the floor (from any arrow or bolt) then you have to re-pave the floor, building a floor over it or tearing up and replacing the floor if one is present.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 12:43:13 pm »

Rain also appears to wash them away, I've observed.  We can thus conclude that rain is capable of small-scale atom-smashing.  Weaponization pending.

You can also build furniture, like weapon racks (which can be placed outdoors), over the tile to remove the broken arrow.  However, a much more manageable way is to build a paved road, which will not remove the broken arrow but will make it invisible, as the road masks over it.  Roads will still become bloody and regular items will appear on top of it as usual.  Putting paved roads at the end of your archery range keeps them looking tidy!