Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: The Lost Lands  (Read 1812 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem: The Lost Lands
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:41 pm »

Well I've been working on the details of a Fire Emblem ROM Hack that would DF-izes Fire Emblem, instead of humans the main race would be Dwarves with the occasional human, elf, kobold, and other races appearing as friends, and foes.

Basic Story: (Will be Expanded)
The story will take a band of brave dwarves through Dragon Caves, Giant Spider Nests, Goblin Villages, through Human Fortresses, and sieges of Orcish camps as they attempt to find the one true mountain, Armok's Throne. They seek to save Dwarven kind from the Goblin Hordes, and Orcish Armies that have come forth from the frozen wastes of the south, to save their kind they will travel into the heart of the enemy's land, and back across the world into the depths of the Elven Forests to find Armok, and gain the means to save their kind.

Spoiler: New Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

This is a work in progress, and may take some time to get finished, I have some 30 Missions (At least) planned for the Campaign, and that is not including the Side Missions/Stories that I like from what you may suggest. I can handle most of the work making the game myself, but what I really need help with would be Portrait Pictures, Sprites, and Map Tiles(Maybe) as my art skills are zero. Of course any suggestions on classes, races, or something else you guys want to give me would be a lot of help :). I don't have a ton of stuff to say at the moment as this is mostly to gauge interest, and attract anyone who might want to help out with the sprite arts, and such.

Spoiler: Help Needed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contributors (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:05:37 am by adwarf »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: The Lost Lands
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:44:24 am »

I want to support this. It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

I drew a FE-styled cutebold for someone. If you want it you can have it.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:04:10 am »

Nice spritework The Fool.

Also, some suggested Class/race combinations

Kobold: Thief, Myrmidon, Archer.
Elf: Archer, Mage, Troubadour, Pegasus Knight, Shaman.
Dwarf: Fighter, Knight, Wyvern Rider.
Goblin: Mercenary, Thief, Myrmidon, Cavalier.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:18:21 pm »

Thanks to both of you, I actually planned for you to gain a cutebold in one of the missions, and that pictures perfect for what I was thinking for it. Also those race/class combinations look pretty good to me, I need to see the limits of what I can modify in the mod, so if I can't add classes I'll be going with something close to that class list :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:56 pm »

The Tutorial/ Prologue (No Real Tutorial Will Be Included In game, I'll put that in the OP for people who don't know how to play) will take place in the King's Mountain-home, Ironstone Peaks, as it is besieged by Kelak's Hordes (Kelak will be a vengeful God who is trying to take over the world, and destroy Armok's Throne thus cutting him off from the world), Numerous Enemies will continually come at you, and you'll be tasked with protecting the King for twenty-five turns.

Also here is the main character :)
Spoiler: Main Character, Dalard (click to show/hide)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:58:52 am »

Can I ask which Fire Emblem you're romhacking? There's quite a huge difference between them, given artstyles, stats, combat systems and animations, world size, and whathaveyou.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 03:17:56 pm »

Can I ask which Fire Emblem you're romhacking? There's quite a huge difference between them, given artstyles, stats, combat systems and animations, world size, and whathaveyou.
I'll be romhacking FE 7, I found a really good guide for messing with it along with all the materials I'll need to do just that.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 05:48:20 pm »

Sounds good. I'll be sure to make some FE dwarves since it might be hard to Frankenstein them together. It might be a while. I have a lot of studying to do.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 05:51:28 pm »

Sounds good. I'll be sure to make some FE dwarves since it might be hard to Frankenstein them together. It might be a while. I have a lot of studying to do.
Thats fine, every bit helps :)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 12:11:12 am »

How is this?

It's intentionally shorter than the human sprites, but still taller than the children sprites.

I can recolor the armor easily enough. If the armor doesn't work I can work the head onto another piece of armor.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 03:24:43 pm »

How is this?

It's intentionally shorter than the human sprites, but still taller than the children sprites.

I can recolor the armor easily enough. If the armor doesn't work I can work the head onto another piece of armor.
It looks pretty good