Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1221287 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #11115 on: January 04, 2016, 01:17:53 pm »

No need for violence, he's already threatened it (and it's no idle threat, obviously).  He's going away for a long time, unless he commits suicide by cop.  If it was just him, I'd say good riddance, but he's got all those followers duped into thinking this is an actual plan.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11116 on: January 04, 2016, 02:53:26 pm »

Inb5 Putin must protect Mormon speaking Russians

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: January 04, 2016, 07:21:26 pm »

We are all blown away by this shocking revelation.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11119 on: January 05, 2016, 01:04:19 pm »

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/firm-pay-making-workers-clock-bathroom-36094735

Jesus, I mean really? Frankly it's about time someone stopped a business from doing some of the many illegal things they do. Next, I'd like to see a few moron managers get sewed for telling people they can't talk about their wages together (collective bargaining conference), except the NLRB has no damn teeth to really bite into these jerks. (Basically, your manager/company is breaking the law when he tells you you can't discuss wages with other employees, but a.) good luck paying for suing him, and b.) even when/if you win, it's a slap on the wrist comparatively).

Either way it's nice to see the little guy win once in a freaking while.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11120 on: January 05, 2016, 04:01:48 pm »

I can see measuring how much people are at the bathroom to catch those who are abusing it (I've met a few of those 15+ minute "bathroom break" people before), but not paying them for bathroom breaks is just absurd. It's definitely a nice thing to see the little people winning. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11121 on: January 05, 2016, 09:42:16 pm »

It's also dumb, dumb shit done by middle managers and hereditary executives who have no idea how to make money anyway. Scientific Management (which is a misnomer if I've ever heard one) has been demonstrably shown to lower productivity. Indeed, a large portion of the assholes of the world aren't even taking the real seductive path of greed, they really are just assholes who enjoy their power trip more than the money. They might associate it with the money, but that's not what's really going on.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11122 on: January 05, 2016, 09:58:26 pm »

Indeed, a large portion of the assholes of the world aren't even taking the real seductive path of greed, they really are just assholes who enjoy their power trip more than the money. They might associate it with the money, but that's not what's really going on.

This is all upper management I've ever experienced.  Actively doing everything they can to de-motivate and sour their employees.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11123 on: January 06, 2016, 07:51:38 pm »

Politics are spilling into my game-specific subreddits again. Halp.

Apparently there was some kind of mass sexual assault incident where 1,000 men assaulted random women during the New Years celebration in Cologne; most of the perpetrators were described as "North African and Arab in appearance".

And media is attempting to cover it up, along with every popular news sub on reddit or something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11124 on: January 06, 2016, 07:58:18 pm »

Heard about that, heh. What you're hearing, if that's the summation, is roughly 90+% complete bullshit. What happened was a smaller group (forget details there, but iirc the likely numbers are less than a couple dozen at the high end) was using the larger party as more or less a smoke screen. More or less the same sort of thing you see when your average rapes and whatnot occur during frat parties or some shit.

1k is the number of total partiers -- the actual perpetrators were considerably smaller in number. Conflation of the two has been occurring due to idiots who lack the reading comprehension of a two year old.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: January 06, 2016, 07:58:34 pm »

That is distinctly not how it happened. There were a thousand people out on the streets some of whom were aforementioned sexually assaulting north africans.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: January 07, 2016, 12:41:15 am »

What cover up? I've seen a bunch of articles, and my public radio had a short segment on it just 20 minutes ago.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11127 on: January 07, 2016, 06:33:44 am »

And media is attempting to cover it up, along with every popular news sub on reddit or something.
lol wut, m8? Take a look at r/europe – there's nothing there that isn't about the CRAZY DRUNK RADICAL ISLAMIST RAPE PARTY WITH KÖLSCH AND PORK SCHNITZEL.

Once again, internet wingnuts are crying CENSER SHIP where none exists.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: January 07, 2016, 06:37:20 am »

Showcasing why my county is disfunctional, our right-wing secretary of state for migration announced he wanted all immigrants to get classes on respecting women (never mind that we don't even know if the Cologne Gropers were immigrants yet...).

Of course, he quietly forgot that this is a function of the Communities, not the federal government. So nothing will get done...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: January 07, 2016, 09:15:20 am »

By the way, in response to Frumple's earlier comment that the number of 1000 referred to the revelers in the area in total, and the number of attackers was likely a couple of dozen at most.
Found an eyewitness account, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9TOdMzOH1U

They were apparently so many perpetrators that the police didn't have enough transports to get them to prison. Then they ran out of space in prison and all the nearby prisons and had to let some walk free.

That's some seriously scary stuff.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:17:22 am by Blaze »
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 759