Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1220302 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #6930 on: August 01, 2013, 06:35:13 am »

I'm surprised you haven't, most of the ones I've encountered where on the internet (though not on Bay 12).

Are we talking about 4chan?
Because I'm pretty sure they don't actually qualify as people. I mean the genetic resemblance is astounding, I will give you that, but lets be reasonable.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: August 01, 2013, 06:41:44 am »

I'm surprised you haven't, most of the ones I've encountered where on the internet (though not on Bay 12).

Because I'm pretty sure they don't actually qualify as people. I mean the genetic resemblance is astounding, I will give you that, but lets be reasonable.
We are not talking about any specific site.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: August 01, 2013, 07:17:08 am »

It's not a hard thing to imagine how it happens. Younger people suffering from disillusionment at finding out the government has been less than honest with them that then proceed to, instead of making a rational assessment of the involved parties, immediately adopt the contrary position out of a feeling of betrayal and a desire to appear radical.

I have seen this behaviour too. Not necessarily to do specifically with Saddam or the government, but when people find out one extreme is false, they seem to automatically tip heavily in favour of the other extreme.

In general, I think its because people tend to skip over facts and understanding in favour of emotion and sensationalism.

Often, you just have assholes on both sides

The media (hell, people in general) seem to love the "Rebels vs the Empre" idea, where the freedom-loving rebels are trying to overthrow the big evil empire. The realty is usually a lot more complex and messy.

That's the thing: They don't work for you anymore. America, you dun goofed. You have allowed this shit to pass. You have allowed yourself to be watched. You allowed your soldiers to torture. You allow so much stuff to go on unnoticed and continue to care about non-issues. You remember that 2nd amendment? Fighting against tyrannical government? Now's the time to use it. You should be in open revolt. But no. This will continue quietly on, nothing being done. You're screwed. No wikileaks or Manning can save you. You've got that information, now act on it. You have a large amount of the military on your side. You could honestly revolt against the government, but you choose not to. Until that day comes, if that day comes, you are the government's playtoy. As much as you think you have power over them, you don't.

I dont think the US government is "tyrannical" (yet...). So I dont think the most extreme solution (a violent revolt) is the best way to go about solving these problems, and may cause more problems even if it solves those ones. The most extreme solution isnt always the best.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: August 01, 2013, 07:27:37 am »

It's not only love for the little guy, it's just a desire to have good and bad guys. Look at Israel and the Palestinians in the US for example. You'll have good Israel standing against those damned Palestinian terrorists, despite the Palestinians being very much the little guy fighting against the Empire.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: August 01, 2013, 07:54:08 am »

You do realise that 4chan and Bay12 have a surprising interesect of people, right?
Also, how do they not classify as human?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:59:45 am by kingfisher1112 »
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: August 01, 2013, 07:55:18 am »

Only the stupid ones.
Love, scriver~

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: August 01, 2013, 07:59:07 am »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: August 01, 2013, 08:00:10 am »

Only the stupid ones.
What? Who were you responding to? My post or someone else's?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: August 01, 2013, 08:02:37 am »

If I wasn't responding to the post right above mine, I would've quoted someone ;)

It was also a response to your pre-edit post, when it flowed better.
Love, scriver~

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: August 01, 2013, 08:06:17 am »

If I wasn't responding to the post right above mine, I would've quoted someone ;)

It was also a response to your pre-edit post, when it flowed better.
Maybe you should quote to be more specific. And even then, it made no sense. If I had stated " 4Channers go on Bay12" then it would have made sense.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: August 01, 2013, 08:08:11 am »

Does this exchange not make sense to you?

You do realise that 4chan and Bay12 have a surprising interesect of people, right?
Only the stupid ones.
Love, scriver~

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: August 01, 2013, 08:09:35 am »

Does this exchange not make sense to you?

Only the stupid ones.
In my mind, I thought I'd posted something different. Oh well. Still, which ones are the stupid ones...? And even then, how do you know?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: August 01, 2013, 08:10:58 am »

The stupid ones are the ones who go on 4chan. You can tell because they get defensive about the place.

I'm just going to let that careful mix of circular logic and catch 22 sink in for a second.  :P

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: August 01, 2013, 08:12:50 am »

The stupid ones are the ones who go on 4chan. You can tell because they get defensive about the place.

I'm just going to let that careful mix of circular logic and catch 22 sink in for a second.  :P
Answer my question. How do they not classify as people?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: August 01, 2013, 08:13:29 am »

Everyone knows only robots use 4chan.
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 759