Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1220993 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #8340 on: August 06, 2014, 04:00:42 pm »

I mean they're clearly up on DF terminology, odds are somewhat decent that they're on the forums. They may even be reading this very thread![/dun dun dun]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: August 06, 2014, 05:14:04 pm »

Or... Now this is just me spitballing here, but maybe they were having a larf and expected you to play along, and not take them seriously? :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: August 06, 2014, 05:41:46 pm »

Or... Now this is just me spitballing here, but maybe they were having a larf and expected you to play along, and not take them seriously? :V

IT WAS DESCAN
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: August 06, 2014, 05:42:50 pm »

My youtube account is Hypothetical Axolotl :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: August 06, 2014, 05:44:26 pm »

I don't even know what the name of my YT account is.

Mostly because I have a Chrome add-on that loads the Reddit comments instead of the YT comments.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: August 07, 2014, 02:17:27 am »

Iran and Russia sign 20 billion USD oil deal

Vladimir Putin has agreed a $20bn (£11.8bn) trade deal with Iran that will see Russia sidestep Western sanctions on its energy sector.

Under the terms of a five-year accord, Russia will help Iran organise oil sales as well as “cooperate in the oil-gas industry, construction of power plants, grids, supply of machinery, consumer goods and agriculture products”, according to a statement by the Energy Ministry in Moscow.

A deal could see Russia buying 500,000 barrels of Iranian oil a day, the Moscow-based Kommersant newspaper has previously reported. That would be about a fifth of Iran’s output in June and half its exports.

So basically, the internation sanction regime against Iran is pretty much gone.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: August 07, 2014, 10:42:54 am »

What, and plump helmet wine DIDN'T tip you off? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8347 on: August 08, 2014, 11:59:44 am »

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/economy/wall-street-tobacco-deals-left-states-billions-debt
So, if I get this right, the states sold part or all of the rights to the big tobacco deal income to private investors, and now are paying the investors more, out of their (the state's) remaining tobacco deal income, to make up for shortfalls in net tobacco deal income, (protecting the investors at taxpayer's expense)?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: August 08, 2014, 12:01:36 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: August 08, 2014, 12:17:56 pm »

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/economy/wall-street-tobacco-deals-left-states-billions-debt
So, if I get this right, the states sold part or all of the rights to the big tobacco deal income to private investors, and now are paying the investors more, out of their (the state's) remaining tobacco deal income, to make up for shortfalls in net tobacco deal income, (protecting the investors at taxpayer's expense)?

For all the effort to get people to stop using tobacco products, they sure prop up the industry quite a bit.

Satire. Very pleasant satire.

I gotta admit, those are some sharp looking suits.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: August 08, 2014, 02:57:16 pm »

Sounds about right. I can't believe anybody thought this was sane.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: August 12, 2014, 07:24:34 am »

Satire. Very pleasant satire.

It is strange as people on the other side of the pond consider Protestantism == Christianity; while, probably, for them it is strange like in my part of Europe it is Catholicism. :P

The article itself isn't really a good analogy, but it doesn't make it any less funny satire. But it misses the most important point - yoga pants (in contrast to sharp suits) are just hideous! ;)
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: August 24, 2014, 08:02:16 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdSsBYO1oNI

Chris Hayes Spoofs White Power Structure Has No Clue How To Stop Culture Of White On White Violence
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 759