Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1244368 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #5745 on: May 05, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »

That was the exact interpretation that site was using, actually <_<

Why was that thing posted again, though? I mean, things would probably be going a bit better if more folks thought like that (certainly I tend to prefer to interpret the stuff egregiously counter-thematic to Christ's primary line of thinking as people using Jesus like Plato did Socrates [20 AD sockpuppet account, go!], except less skillfully and even less representative of the original.), but most of those religiously affiliated don't seem to. At the most, I've seen that stuff coming out of the more radical believers, not those cleaving closer to the primary veins of interpretation.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:22:20 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: May 05, 2013, 05:22:06 pm »

Is that the part where it says men cannot lie to their bros?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: May 06, 2013, 07:51:52 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-seeks-alternative-overtime-pay-074228556.html

The latest BS.

Businesses hate overtime and they should, because it is designed to be that way and this is a good thing.. We need it now more than ever. Overtime was designed to make businesses hire people rather than working their existing staff to death....

Now, we have another heaven's gate fallacy: You'll get rewarded.... "Later." Later never comes.

Let's see, if you get forced to put in a few 60 hour weeks or more and you end up wracking up a month's worth of time, does that mean you think your boss is going to hold your job open for you while you take a month off? Also you can forget about jobs that currently have sick days and paid vacations. Also, what happens if your boss decides to sell the place before you can collect any of this "paid time off" or the business closes? You're screwed, that's what.

Even if IF this would realistically be honored, the company would just be basically waiting until the last minute and then deciding to do the cheaper alternative. It isn't "your choice," and if anybody believes it is.... Well, really? It becomes an interest free loan to the company on money YOU EARNED when they decide that instead of giving you the hours off you worked for at full hourly rate, they then give you the .5 overtime several months if not years later.... Those plans you made, you're screwed. Also, again, you have no time off. Also, they'll fire you or invent a reason to....

Right now, overtime pay dodging is rampant because people are so hard up for any work that employers know they can get away with it. This will just give the boss ANOTHER thing to hold over your head and it WILL be abused all to hell.

This is total bullshit:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2013/03/19/u-s-companies-stashing-more-cash-abroad-as-stock-piles-hit-record-1-45t/
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article39963.html

Major businesses in the US are sitting on mountains of cash. They don't need anymore before they start investing to make money. Really, that second link actually has investors wondering when companies with stock will start paying dividends (money to investors) .... Hire people damn you.... There has to be SOMETHING you could have them do. What on earth are we trying to "encourage" these companies with. They already have cash.... [sigh]. They'd rather pay somebody $0.20 /hour than $20/hour even knowing it's slave labor abroad....

O come on.... How are people buying this?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:57:30 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: May 06, 2013, 09:14:40 am »

Australian researchers work out how to make cheap shitty silicon create better solar-cells than the current top-grade expensive stuff.

This is going to radically drop the price of Photo voltaic solar energy. Current top-grade PV harvests 17-19% of the sun's energy and costs a packet, the new process patented by UNSW (University of NSW) uses cheap silicon and harvests 21-23%. Apparently the price of solar panels has fallen 65% in the last 2 years due to skyrocketing production in China. This new technology promises to drive the price of solar energy down even further.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:19:05 am by Reelya »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: May 06, 2013, 09:24:07 am »

Australian researchers work out how to make cheap shitty silicon create better solar-cells than the current top-grade expensive stuff.

This is going to radically drop the price of Photo voltaic solar energy. Current top-grade PV harvests 17-19% of the sun's energy and costs a packet, the new process patented by UNSW (University of NSW) uses cheap silicon and harvests 21-23%. Apparently the price of solar panels has fallen 65% in the last 2 years due to skyrocketing production in China. This new technology promises to drive the price of solar energy down even further.

Fantastic news.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5750 on: May 06, 2013, 09:55:58 am »

The part where he said sheephearders can't go to heaven because God forbid men to lie with beasts.
I don't think sheephearders and sheep normally have intercourse, y'know... <_<

Fantastic news.
I've been waiting for it :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:59:27 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: May 06, 2013, 10:39:11 am »

The part where he said sheephearders can't go to heaven because God forbid men to lie with beasts.
You've never been to Wales, have you?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: May 06, 2013, 10:42:29 am »

Meh, that's just the background information. As is the entire Old testament.
Where exactly is the old testament defined at any time in the bible or similar as "background info"?
Like 90% of the Christian traditian, it's never outright stated.
Have a wikipedia
Or two
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:44:15 am by 10ebbor10 »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #5753 on: May 06, 2013, 10:47:00 am »

Or Afghanistan.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: May 06, 2013, 10:51:56 am »

I was really surprised as a boy when I first heard the whole "Welsh sheepshagging" thing. To me that association was always with Aberdeenshire.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: May 06, 2013, 11:02:10 am »

I'm pretty sure any place that has a strong animal farming tradition has a sheep-shagging reputation.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: May 06, 2013, 11:12:24 am »

I'm pretty sure any place that has a strong animal farming tradition has a sheep-shagging reputation.

Living in such a place as you describe I can tell you it isn't so far fetched.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: May 06, 2013, 11:19:55 am »

Living in such a place as you describe I can tell you it isn't so far fetched.

It's not, sadly.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: May 06, 2013, 12:42:47 pm »

I can see how a farm-boy or farm-girls first love could be the family baa-baa.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: May 06, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »

I can see how a farm-boy or farm-girls first love could be the family baa-baa.

More like strange, strange grown men.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 759