Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247190 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #8430 on: September 16, 2014, 05:27:48 am »

No thanks.

Mind, I didn't see your big post until after I'd typed mine. It was directed at the Reelya & Stak convo.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: September 16, 2014, 05:37:25 am »

That would have been a prudent thing to mention in your very first reply.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8432 on: September 16, 2014, 05:45:59 am »

blurp. Can we stop fighting yet? Can we be friends again? I don't like fighting. :3
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: September 16, 2014, 09:12:34 am »

Please be respectful of other people, regardless of their argument or attitude.

As the former adjudicator of this thread I would like to remind everyone that the DailyMail is a tabloid, so please use alternate sources for your (actually true this time) statistical trends.

+1

Staklininkas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: September 16, 2014, 03:08:15 pm »

(inflammatory remark removed, troll banned)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:55:16 pm by Toady One »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: September 16, 2014, 03:14:26 pm »

We don't mind devil's advocate, we dislike devil's advocate with no argument.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: September 16, 2014, 04:00:44 pm »

That's...not....really true. At all. Most conservative forumites are banned within a year or so.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: September 16, 2014, 04:12:07 pm »

IIRC, there's still a fair few kicking about.

Howdy. I've not been here much more than a year though, so I suppose there's still time.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: September 16, 2014, 10:07:00 pm »

That's...not....really true. At all. Most conservative forumites are banned within a year or so.
Heh, look at my profile :D
Okay, I'm European-conservative, not American-conservative, but still. GreatJustice is still around, BlindKitty as well, and quite a few I'm forgetting right now.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:22:03 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: September 16, 2014, 10:11:51 pm »

GreatJustice is more of a radical libertarian, as I recall.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: September 17, 2014, 12:11:28 am »

Conservative here. Been here for... holy shit, 5 years. That said, I don't post all that often and I (usually) try to avoid stirring shit up.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: September 17, 2014, 01:11:01 am »

I'd say about half of the not-to-the-left-of-social-democrats that post regularly just don't go to the political threads, since dogpiles occasionally happen and while most people are pretty civil around here, a few aren't. Anyhow, I'm not posting too much these days because school is pretty heavy atm, though maybe I'll find an easy argument to get into sometime
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: September 17, 2014, 01:17:28 am »

Anyhow, I'm not posting too much these days because school is pretty heavy atm, though maybe I'll find an easy argument to get into sometime
ARE there any, these days? Aside from no WW3 pls.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: September 26, 2014, 11:09:01 am »

If the criminal justice system is fair, then Black people commit crime at a rate disproportionately higher than any other race. Black people do not commit crime at a rate disproportionately higher than any other race (to believe that would imply that to be Black is to be inherently more likely to commit crime, hence the racism), therefore, the criminal justice system is not fair.

That's so, so wrong. You basically say that statistically peoples of one race cannot be different from those of another race, therefore the system is racist.

By the same reasonning, Jews are overrepresented as noble price winner, Jewish conspiracy confirmed. That's absurd.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: September 26, 2014, 02:51:49 pm »

http://gawker.com/social-impact-bonds-the-opposite-of-private-prisons-1638678383

An interesting idea is being piloted in Massachusetts to remove some of the influence of private prisons. The article sums it up pretty well, but the gist is that the state only pays the company if some desirable goal is met, thereby creating financial incentives to reduce recidivism. It isn't as good as removing private prisons entirely, in my opinion, but it's a good start.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 759