Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Single Player Zombie Survival Games  (Read 17624 times)

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
Re: Single Player Zombie Survival Games
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 01:48:20 am »

I've been hearing about this roguelike called Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. Many people seemed to love it.
I got the basic idea on what it's about, but can anyone tell me what makes it so deep and complex as people say?

I'd rather wait for Whales to make Cataclysm 2 than ever touch that stupid mod again.
The game makes Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends look like Brutal Doom on Nightmare mode. And the ammount of bugs even in "stable" releases makes Big Rigs: OTRR look like a more polished game.

Since DDA has been released, all middle ground in the game has been utterly wrecked. You either get instakilled by jabberwock on your way to the city or crush every zombie in your sight using rocks and bushes.

IMO.
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 01:52:06 am »

I have to partially agree with Eclectic Wizard. Sometimes the game can seem as if you either destroy everything in sight or get instakilled upon leaving the shelter. Although, this does not mean it isn't worth a try.

Do note that I'm probably a bit biased due to coming into the game during a time where the spawn system was unfairly broken.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:54:51 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 01:55:00 am »

Give Cataclysm: DDA a shot. It's pretty damn fun if you give yourself self-imposed challenges like never kill (SO HARD) or never drink clean water (EVEN HARDER).

Oh and if you see some dipshit running around badmouthing the guys making it and their progress, don't listen to him; he'll be banned before the end of the day. He's been doing it for a while now.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 10:06:21 am »

About Zafehouse:
We have a wonderful LP in our Bay12 forum:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118314.0

:) :) :)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 12:35:46 pm »

They're all nothin' but posers, Palm Pilot hosers, gettin' their wicks wet with tricks dat we've all seen before.
Shittin' in their forum 'till their wankery bores 'em, 'till dey shirk updatin' their RtD and come lurk our FG&RP.
DF. Lower Boards. Represent.

No, upside is da best.
I ain't seein' some rhymes to back it up.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 05:35:52 am »

any way to find a download version of rebuild 2?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 10:09:38 am »

any way to find a download version of rebuild 2?
You could check their website?  All I know is that it can be found on Kongregate.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 10:45:13 pm »

Just bought Project Zomboid, is there a main thread on it? I thought I remember seeing one before, guess I'll go search.

Anyways, I second Zafehouse Diaries, it's a pretty nifty little game, for sure, and I really love the unique format.
I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned Rogue Survivor, a graphical zombie simulation roguelike that had a decent following in the past on these forums. I don't think it gets any updates any more, but it is still a pretty neat little game!

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 01:54:55 pm »

Oh man, just been playing this Rebuild 2 game for hours, and boy is it addictive. O.o
It's not even the sort of game I would usually enjoy, certainly not play for long, but something about it has really got me in. Could be just my current mood, I suppose. Good way to kill time, that's for sure!
I certainly recommend it, in the hopes of keeping this post on-topic.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »

Just bought Project Zomboid, is there a main thread on it? I thought I remember seeing one before, guess I'll go search.

Project Zomboid Thread.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 03:02:12 pm »

Project Zomboid Thread.

Oh sweet, thanks a bunch!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 07:12:25 pm »

Wow, speaking of, Zomboid has come aways since the last time I played it. Scroll wheel changing the view distance is sex.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aichuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 06:08:17 am »

Project Zomboid is awesome.
Pages: 1 [2]