Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 187414 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2012, 07:58:28 pm »

...DLC.

Really if they made you pay extra for something like that I don't think it would be a huge cause for complaint. It'd even feel nice and expansion-pack-y.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 12:52:37 am »

Looking forward to it, I played the death out of Sim City 4. Honestly, a graphical overhauled, bug-fixed and improved version of Sim City 4 would be fine to me.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 04:22:13 am »

Anyone else growing tired of the internet gaming community, who turn every discussion into 'herpderp DLC herpderp bugs'? Of course there's not much to say about this game - it hasn't been formally announced to anyone - but I'd rather NOTHING than the same tired whining. Spend the same energy emailing the executives of EA, Ubisoft, and Activision instead.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 05:12:49 am »

Well damn.  I'm really not looking forwards to this game.  From what I've seen so far, this entry in the SimCity series is going to absolutely ruin my free time
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 07:02:52 am »

Anyone else growing tired of the internet gaming community, who turn every discussion into 'herpderp DLC herpderp bugs'? Of course there's not much to say about this game - it hasn't been formally announced to anyone - but I'd rather NOTHING than the same tired whining. Spend the same energy emailing the executives of EA, Ubisoft, and Activision instead.
Yes because corporates can't make empty promises,and ignore the fans.
Few gaming companies care about the quality of the games anymore.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 11:17:54 am »

Personally although I'd like another Sim City, I'd be much more thrilled if they announced a sequel to this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Brofist.  As total crap as that game was when you got under the hood, I spent so damn much time playing it as a kid.  I got Sim City 2000 when I was six, and it was basically the only PC game I had for a couple years, then got Sim Copter.  I still get a little thrill out of wandering around in my own city.  Who knows, maybe they'll finally do the obvious, and make it an included game-mode, like possession in Dungeon Keeper.

Needs moar SimAnt integration. :D

Now that game was a time waster when I was a kid.  Imagine colonizing an entire office building with your ants!  And escaping the exterminators!

Really though some sort of city exploration integration seems like a natural choice.  I'll probably never use it honestly, but it does seem like a natural choice.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 11:29:54 am »

Personally although I'd like another Sim City, I'd be much more thrilled if they announced a sequel to this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Brofist.  As total crap as that game was when you got under the hood, I spent so damn much time playing it as a kid.  I got Sim City 2000 when I was six, and it was basically the only PC game I had for a couple years, then got Sim Copter.  I still get a little thrill out of wandering around in my own city.  Who knows, maybe they'll finally do the obvious, and make it an included game-mode, like possession in Dungeon Keeper.

Needs moar SimAnt integration. :D

SimAnts making SimCopters to take over the SimCity?

(Also: I'll be a sad camper when I can't get SimCopter running on my computer. It's one of the few games I still pull out every year or two, even if it's just to fool around in the Apache for a couple hours.)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 03:30:19 pm »

Where did I say anything of that sort?

What I'm saying is that it's tiresome and depressing to rant about it on forums - where nobody who can do anything about it is listening. It's an echochamber of people who like everyone to know how mad they are - except for the people who make decisions that could change this.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 03:34:14 pm »

Yes, unbridled optimism is the only sentiment worthy of being expressed online.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 04:17:29 pm »

What I'm saying is that it's tiresome and depressing to rant about it on forums - where nobody who can do anything about it is listening. It's an echochamber of people who like everyone to know how mad they are - except for the people who make decisions that could change this.
Interesting how you're doing the exact same thing you're complaining about. :P

Not trying to make you mad, just pointing it out.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 04:32:00 pm »

Where did I say anything of that sort?

What i am saying is that the game is going to be terrible.You can't change anything.This is EA you are dealing with

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 04:35:56 pm »

Loved 4 (hell, I loved all the main line SimCity games) but I'm cautiously optimistic about this.  Societies was a fiasco, and while I doubt they'll ever go that route again, it does make me worry that this'll turn out to be a shallow continuation of the series.  Maxis just isn't like it used to be ever since they were bought by EA, and all of their recent ambitious releases (Sims 3, Spore) were pretty lackluster.  Hopefully the prospects of true 3D and non-grid roads doesn't cause them to skimp on the content.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 11:50:14 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/07/ea-breaks-ground-on-new-simcity/
While EA have studiously avoided mentions of the dreadful Sim City Societies, the phrase, “SimCity is coming home to Maxis” was uttered, with some heavy tone.
This, remarkably, is a PC only game. While I don’t doubt for a moment that Facebook, iPhone and Teletext games will appear all around it closer to release, this isn’t an attempt to “update the game for the console generation”. It’s a PC game being made for PC.
Trailer in the link; though unfortunately it really doesn't show anything.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:51:55 pm by alway »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2012, 12:06:05 am »

As a warning, the image in that article isn't an actual screenshot.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2012, 04:27:05 am »

I love the screenshot from that article
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98