Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 187370 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 10:19:18 am »

Posting to remember to read later in a real computer (stupid mobile 3G is crap. stupid employers and their "zero internet for programmers" idiot policy)

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2012, 11:13:28 am »

I love the screenshot from that article

Looks fake to me.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2012, 11:23:51 am »

Guys, the joke is old now.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »

Good jokes never get old, they just die.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2012, 03:37:54 pm »

Then this one is impaled on Mount Everest.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2012, 03:43:00 pm »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2012, 03:45:50 pm »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2012, 03:46:06 pm »

These screenshots are fake!

Anyway, posting to keep track of this. I used to play SimCity 3000 non-stop for a long time. I didn't like SimCity 4 much. I didn't really play it long enough to have fun though.

And SimCity Societies simply sucked.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:51 pm »

Ugh... I really hope it doesn't require EA's Oranges... that thing is terrible.

Also, my avatar image, as it turns out, is not a Sim City 5 screenshot.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2012, 03:50:07 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/VOhXs.png

Is this a joke?

Anyway, posting to keep track of this. I used to play SimCity 3000 non-stop for a long time. I didn't like SimCity 4 much. I didn't really play it long enough to have fun though.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/html/pbPage.SimcityUK/ThemeID.9475600

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2012, 03:53:12 pm »

SimCity Societies simply sucked.

It was barely even a game.

Mind you it disguised the fact that it is as easy as dirt quite well... but after experimenting with intentionally trying to fail, you just arn't going to suffer.

Its ONLY saving grace is that you can end up with very nice looking cities and it is by far the ONLY city building game (outside Tropico) where you can shift the entire point of how a city functions and be functional (Somewhat... It is at least cool in concept)

Problem is that I worry that even Simcity 5 may take a few pages from it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:57:33 pm by Neonivek »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2012, 03:53:36 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/VOhXs.png

Is this a joke?

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/html/pbPage.SimcityUK/ThemeID.9475600
Apparently EA forced the British, French, and Germans into Origin. We should send the army.

On a more serious note, I am... at a loss for words.

Also, Superheros? Villains? What?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2012, 04:01:02 pm »

Link doesn't work for me. It's probably legitimate though. game looks fun, modifyable service building ( Ie upgrades: bus shop, additionall gym, stuff like that), multiplayer roads.

Only 2 fears:
- Origin( I might be able to live we this one)
- DLC( Seems like EA to let Maxis make a good game and then cut +- 50% out)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:06:06 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2012, 11:49:33 am »

Really hope they extend from SC4 Rush Hour's traffic stuff.

I don't think they'll actually screw up on SC5. What I'm really worried about is that EA will just make some parts of the game purposely unplayable, then release an expansion to make it playable. And then release a whole bunch of other extensions that add a little fun and a lot of annoying features that get in the way.

Those 'screenshots' in the thread look kinda fake though.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2012, 11:56:13 am »

What made SC4 for me, was the modding community. The Network add-on mod was intense, modelled traffic/commuting like real life, added more interesting junctions (roundabouts etc.) and new methods of transport like the tram systems.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98