Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 186580 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2012, 01:26:12 pm »

Also new info. Seems liek their glassbox thingy will simulate all :o actions of all people in your city. Also all resources and the fact that these have to be transported to your coal plants and such. Seems kinda a bit like Anno to me, but I liked that one too. The roads and transport systems are said to be improved.

Also I spotted(Isn't very hard) a water power plant and some kind of fusion power/ EMP thingy.

Note: The other simcities used advanced statistics

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2012, 02:00:16 pm »

Managing transportation of fuel or garbage or other industrial and commercial goods is welcome in my book. It would add more complexity to the city that is needed. I would push such things underground. Let's hope SC5 is as or more complex as SC4.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2012, 03:37:02 pm »

Hopefully it won't be too processor intensive to simulate all the actions.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 05:32:39 pm »

I assume they aren't going the Dwarf Fortress "Simulate the entire life story of every individual in the world" route, and if they use semi-static pathfinding then the most load would probably be after altering a major roadway.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2012, 06:52:00 pm »

Carpoolers and such should not automatically switch to better routes. It takes time to drive around and go, "When did that road get expanded and why haven't I seen it before? There are less stop signs and it's way faster now."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2012, 07:28:57 pm »

Glass Box is a new data driven simulation that we have built for Maxis style games, not just Sim City, but things like Sim Copter, Sim Tower.
HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2012, 07:29:55 pm »

Glass Box is a new data driven simulation that we have built for Maxis style games, not just Sim City, but things like Sim Copter, Sim Tower

Everything old is new again,

Everything lost is gold,

Everything good is returning,

Everything printed is sold.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:50 pm »

I can dream.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2012, 02:36:15 am »

Streets of Simcity is so last decade. I want to see if you could actually play The Sims within your city. Even better if you could have procedurally generated houses and apartments :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2012, 03:05:31 am »

Streets of Simcity is so last decade. I want to see if you could actually play The Sims within your city. Even better if you could have procedurally generated houses and apartments :P
If what they're saying is true this could be a possibility. What I liked about these games was you could import your city into the game and actually fly around it. Granted it wasn't really implemented very well, but these days it could be awesome.

Streets was pretty neat too but I can't remember much about it other than highways being at ground level and onramps actually having a small ramp you can jump off... and that one song...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2012, 10:07:29 am »

Even better if you could have procedurally generated houses and apartments :P

They haven't even done this in the Sims 3, so I doubt they could do it in SC5. Heck, Spore wasn't even able to really accomplish this.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2012, 10:17:36 am »

Glass Box is a new data driven simulation that we have built for Maxis style games, not just Sim City, but things like Sim Copter, Sim Tower.

You can't cut back on CEOs of McDonnell Douglas.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2012, 12:18:58 pm »

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:24:01 pm by alway »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2012, 12:39:17 pm »

Wobbly building placement? What is this, Kindergarten?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2012, 01:39:35 pm »

when is this coming out?!? cant wait!
you can't just go up to people and get laid.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 98