Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Forced Labor  (Read 13895 times)

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forced Labor
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 05:51:13 pm »

I tried it just now in .04 and it worked, so something else is wrong.

Have you tried it for any other type of stone? Also, try stockpiles in lots of different places around your fort.
[Signature]

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 07:20:43 pm »

I have 0.34.02 from Lazy Newb Pack. Perhaps it's an .02 issue?

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 10:05:36 pm »

I wouldn't have thought so, but you might as well update it anyway. It's not that hard unless you've done lots of modding in your current version.
[Signature]

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 07:15:27 pm »

I think I found what was wrong! It was me disabling non-animal parts and stuff, I think.

Anyways, new question!

I have just gotten a wave of migrants, and almost immediately one of the new comers got into a Fey Mood. Ohnoes! I'm barely operational! Now, I understand they're supposed to go to a workshop and claim it. But this one went to my meeting hall and is just sitting there. I have these workshops: Mechanic, jeweler, carpenter, mason, and still. Does this mean she's wanting a workshop that I don't have yet? How do I tell which one she wants? I've read that you can find out a Fey Mood dwarf's requirements, but I don't see anywhere that they have a list of demands.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 10:08:57 pm »

Once they claim the workshop, they give you a list of ingredients they need.

To find out what workshop they want, look at their labour skills under v>g and build the workshop appropriate for their highest skill. If there isn't a workshop specifically for that skill, just make a craftsdwarf's shop.
[Signature]

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »

Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

This is totally going in my sig.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 09:19:57 am »

@Tharwen. This one hasn't claimed a workshop yet. She's apparently a competent Hammerdwarf, which a military skill isn't it? She's also a novice Shield User, Armor User, and Dodger. She also has Fish Dissector, Fish Cleaner, and Fisherdwarf. Which I'm guessing won't be crafted into any sort of artifact. So. Solution is I just build the craftsdwarf's workshop?

Edit: So I got the craftsdwarf shop up. Now she's demanding body parts! But what sort? Other dwarves? Fish parts? Any animal? The rough gems I have. I don't know how to force dwarves to hunt specific animals, though!

@Sting_Auer. It's hilarious! I choose a map with an aquifer, and started digging down and suddenly, WATER! While I did want to build a well, I didn't want to build a well out of my entire fortress.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:26:32 am by Virlomi »

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 09:44:39 am »

If you still have your starting wagon pull animals left, you can butcher them for body parts. You need to build a butchery and have an active dwarf with butchery labor on. Best build a tanner's workshop too and activate that skill. Select the animals in the (z) -> Animals menu, selecting them to be slaughtered with (b).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:32:24 pm by Moddan »

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 10:19:39 am »

I have a butcher's shop. There's no option to butcher an animal, though.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 01:30:44 pm »

You can't directly butcher it. You have to mark a non-pet tame animal as "ready to butcher" and then a dwarf with the butcher work activated will get and slaugther it at some point. Press v and move the cursor over such an animal. Then press p and finally s to set "ready for slaughter" to "yes". The other way to mark an animal for slaugther is this:
Select the animals in the (z) -> Animals menu, selecting them to be slaughtered with (b).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:32:51 pm by Moddan »

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 02:15:05 pm »

There we go! Thank you, Moddan!

I'm sure I'll run into some more trouble later on that I need some help with.

I'm glad the community is so helpful of the newb players!

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 05:05:22 pm »

While I figured out how to butcher an animal, now they're just taking the body parts to the refuse dump! The Fey dwarf won't go grab the parts out of the refuse stockpile, either.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 06:18:09 pm »

Can you list what he wants? You can check what he already has with pressing t and moving the cursor over the workshop.

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 06:40:46 pm »

Lokum is screaming:

I must have body parts!
I must have rough gems!

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 07:16:47 pm »

What is already assigned to a task in the workshop he is using? t -> move cursor over workshop
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4