Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Forced Labor  (Read 13970 times)

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forced Labor
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 07:34:57 pm »

Here she is huddled in the shop screaming:
http://imageshack.us/f/715/claimed001.png/

The View Items in Buildings shows:
http://imageshack.us/f/839/claimed002.png/

And I have more body parts that've been moved to the refuse (X, and two more parts just below):
http://imageshack.us/f/109/claimed003.png/

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 08:16:04 pm »

She already has the body part (still keeps screaming though, that's normal) but no gems have been collected yet. Are you sure that you have rough gems left? Maybe have some rough and some cut gems to be sure. Dig out some more gems if you can.

Also read the Demands part of this carefully. Maybe I'm missing something.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:19:37 pm by Moddan »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 09:16:56 pm »

If a moody dwarf is demanding body parts and rough gems, and the dwarf has collected 1 or 2 stacks of bones already, and has not moved on the rough gems, then the dwarf wants more bones.  The dwarf can require up to 3 in a row of the same item.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 09:31:15 pm »

That horse skull is forbidden. Use d>b>c to reclaim all the items in that stockpile. Also, cut some gems.
[Signature]

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 10:45:24 pm »

Okay. I think I've got it to be reclaimed:
http://imageshack.us/f/513/claimed004.png/

Still, the fey dwarf isn't going out to get the body parts!

I do have several gems:
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/791/claimed005.png

Three rough morions, two rough picture jaspers, one plume agate. That's just in the stockpile. I've found a couple dozen more so far underneath in a spot where I plan on moving my crafting industry for the most part eventually. Unless these don't count as gems? Wiki says they do, and that when they demand rough gems that's for them uncut.

Does that mean she requires a SPECIFIC rough gem? Which I just won't have yet/ever?

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 04:11:38 am »

Butcher the dogs and the buffalos! :p Beyond that I'm out of ideas. Make some rough glass or cut some stones to "gems"? Make some rock blocks? You'll probably be out of time though. Maybe activate "dwarves gather refuse from outside via o -> r -> o.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:14:32 am by Moddan »

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:47 am »

Note that bones and skulls are not the same thing.

My experience is that a dwarf wants bones when they ask for body parts. Get with the butchering.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 10:58:24 am »

My experience is that a dwarf wants bones when they ask for body parts. Get with the butchering.
Correct. If you have rough gems sitting around and your dwarf still isn't going to go grab them then you need more bones.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 01:41:45 pm »

Wall that dorf off and build one coffin,fixed.

Artifacts usualy suck, for me anyway.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 02:30:33 pm »

Well, I tried to wall Lokum up. But she went nutters. =( Took a few key dwarves with her. And suddenly goblins.

So taking my lessons and moving to a new map!

Which brings me to a new question! My new map is mostly flat.It's got some extremely small hills, nothing worth digging into really. I've done something similar to this before, but it didn't succeed in one aspect: Trade caravans. They can't go down stairs. So what's the best way to get a caravan to go into a hole in the ground?

Myiagros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 02:55:55 pm »

Use ramps instead of stairs.

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 03:04:41 pm »

I can't seem to create anything but an Upward Ramp. And, as it'd have to be undreground to be made upward, they can't get to it to build it.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 03:09:02 pm »

If you channel(d->h) terrain a ramp(one level down) will automaticly be created. Working with ramps can be tricky for a beginner though because they need an  adjacent wall and open space above both the ramp and the wall to work. I have lost a miner to thirst because of failure ramp designs before. You can also build (b-> C -> r) ramps too but that only works for going upwards.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:23:00 pm by Moddan »

Virlomi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 03:36:38 pm »

Will this be enough for a caravan to get down? I know they're 3x3, but do they need a 3x3 spot to go down or will this work:

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/4189/ramp001.png

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 03:38:39 pm »

Will this be enough for a caravan to get down? I know they're 3x3, but do they need a 3x3 spot to go down or will this work:

That'll work ;)

There are walls adjacent to the ramps on the level below right? Or you could just use the (D)epot accessible screen to see if a wagon could reach it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4