Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Reddit users--Lets drum up some PR for this lovely game!  (Read 14922 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Reddit users--Lets drum up some PR for this lovely game!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 04:25:03 pm »

...And this is why I haven't gone on reddit.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 04:46:37 pm »

That pretty sick at least posting that crap on 4chan get you perm-banned though I don't like that place ether.   
So why do we want people like that here?...
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 07:58:11 pm »

I honestly can't say that I ever expected to see someone arguing on the side of pedophilia and mysogyny on here. Why exactly do we want to attract people like this to B12?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 08:05:00 pm »

Reddit had CP....
/v/ is going to have a FIELD DAY with this, I just have a feeling.
How long has this existed? I'm suprised reddit didn't get V& for that.
My sentiments exactly.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 08:19:52 pm »

Once again it's not that bad, reddit is made up of many sub-reddits each with different interests and often disagree with eachother's view points some subreddits contain misogynistic pedophiles most don't.  You can find stupid and intolertent people anywhere reddit and bay12 are no exception.

Edit:

I honestly can't say that I ever expected to see someone arguing on the side of pedophilia and mysogyny on here. Why exactly do we want to attract people like this to B12?

Who argued on the side of of pedophilia and mysogyny.

Also DF is at #2 now
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:23:04 pm by friendguy13 »
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

codecx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 08:46:03 pm »

This thread does not deal with SOPA, child protection or anything other topic pertaining to content that people may or may not find offensive.

What it DOES involve is the topics of Dwarf Fortress and specifically the two subreddits of
http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress
&
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming

Can we at least try to make a valid attempt at keeping the thread topical please?

@ 1329 submissions, now 365 votes off from Taking the #1 position away from Skyrim!

http://nowplaying.gamedifferences.com/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:50:09 pm by codecx »

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 09:00:23 pm »

This thread does not deal with SOPA, child protection or anything other topic pertaining to content that people may or may not find offensive.

What it DOES involve is the topics of Dwarf Fortress and specifically the two subreddits of
http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress
&
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming

Can we at least try to make a valid attempt at keeping the thread topical please?

@ 1329 submissions, now 365 votes off from Taking the #1 position away from Skyrim!

http://nowplaying.gamedifferences.com/

It does relate to the topic though the argument is not really about those things individually it is about what those say about redditors in general and whether this whole plan is a good idea which I argue it is.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:06:11 pm by friendguy13 »
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

TinyPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 09:00:58 pm »

Not a fan of reddit (I find the interface incomprehensible) but I do like the DF sub thingy. It is rather fun! Try it out!

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 10:49:04 pm »

Even if it is true, the average case does not define everything. Besides, these forums have a rather good filter: the game itself. Only those with the patience to learn how to play one of the hardest to learn games ever come here.

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 12:33:46 am »

Even if it is true, the average case does not define everything. Besides, these forums have a rather good filter: the game itself. Only those with the patience to learn how to play one of the hardest to learn games ever come here.

Exactly, and failing that we have admins and moderators to prevent such people from being disruptive.

Biopass

• Bay Watcher
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 01:01:52 am »

Back on topic...

Dwarf Fortress is now 15 points away from displacing Skyrim and being listed as the most-played game on Reddit. I've got to wonder what this will do to the community, and how much it will affect Toady's donations.
500 fps vanilla 4x4 embark. intel master race.

Telekinesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 01:25:08 am »

I'd rather not get involved with these folks. I've heard some unsavory things about the more... misogynistic elements of the redditor collective, and I want no part of that.

I'd say the same thing but rather, misandristic.

Telekinesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 01:27:01 am »

The point is Misogyny is not a serious problem.

Actually Misogyny, racism, and pretty much every other human ill is seething on Reddit in full force.  That doesn't mean Reddit is incapable of being useful to some degree, but let's not kid ourselves.  Reddit is home to KKK subreddits, MRA subreddits, etc.  Saying that it's not a serious problem on Reddit because of a 13% female userbase is like saying misogyny is not a serious problem in the real world despite a ~50% female userbase.

Edit:  Though I wonder what metric you're using to constitute a 'serious problem'?

MRA subreddits? wow you're a redneck bigot.  Equal rights only if equal means applies to woman only.  (For those who don't know MRA stands for Men's Rights Activists)

And hilarious that you post a link later to skepchick.  I caught her red handed defaming people and fabricating things using sockpuppet accounts to agree with her own posts, my post pointing out her fraud and bigotry has over 150+ karma, real honorable person there.  Maybe if I have the time I can show you it but I'll have to dig through my history.

Anyways, I cast my vote, we're so close to #1, sweet. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:43:26 am by Telekinesis »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 01:36:10 am »

And DF is #1, despite all the flaming on this thread.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 02:36:52 am »

The point is Misogyny is not a serious problem.

Actually Misogyny, racism, and pretty much every other human ill is seething on Reddit in full force.  That doesn't mean Reddit is incapable of being useful to some degree, but let's not kid ourselves.  Reddit is home to KKK subreddits, MRA subreddits, etc.  Saying that it's not a serious problem on Reddit because of a 13% female userbase is like saying misogyny is not a serious problem in the real world despite a ~50% female userbase.

Edit:  Though I wonder what metric you're using to constitute a 'serious problem'?

MRA subreddits? wow you're a redneck bigot.  Equal rights only if equal means applies to woman only.  (For those who don't know MRA stands for Men's Rights Activists)

And hilarious that you post a link later to skepchick.  I caught her red handed defaming people and fabricating things using sockpuppet accounts to agree with her own posts, my post pointing out her fraud and bigotry has over 150+ karma, real honorable person there.  Maybe if I have the time I can show you it but I'll have to dig through my history.

Anyways, I cast my vote, we're so close to #1, sweet.
You sound like the stereotypical redditor that is made up to make fun of reddit. Are you doing that on purpose?

And DF is #1, despite all the flaming on this thread.
Fuck yeah. It'll be interesting to see what, if any, effect that has.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5