Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Reddit users--Lets drum up some PR for this lovely game!  (Read 14921 times)

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reddit users--Lets drum up some PR for this lovely game!
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2012, 04:08:36 pm »

It took me a long time to try and explain that it's (now or later) not (now or never), because only those who learn to play come to the forums and since our community is growing all of the people who can learn and like the game will do so and come here eventually.

Not everyone on bay12 plays DF, or even came here through DF... And we're more worried about the backgrounds of said reddit users who would not normally go on bay12.

:o ??? :o
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2012, 07:22:11 pm »

*reads comments on the pages*

:-\
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:27:18 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »

It took me a long time to try and explain that it's (now or later) not (now or never), because only those who learn to play come to the forums and since our community is growing all of the people who can learn and like the game will do so and come here eventually.

Not everyone on bay12 plays DF, or even came here through DF... And we're more worried about the backgrounds of said reddit users who would not normally go on bay12.

:o ??? :o
And quite frequently, people will come here via DF and stay around after they stop playing regularly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2012, 08:58:39 pm »

Those threads are just full of people who already play DF. They're not drawing any new players so now they're a haven for rabid fanboys.
[Signature]

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2012, 09:07:48 pm »

They just need more upvotes.

Edit: Also this may have been a bad idea http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=93959.0
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:12:44 pm by friendguy13 »
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 09:08:16 am »

I liken this newfound attention to getting a wave of 20 migrants when your fort is struggling to sustain 15 dwarves. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]